Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shipping household stuff to Germany

• 20-04-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

hey all,

I'm planning of shipping household stuff about 1m3 to germany in middle of may.
    does anybody has any recommendations of a good shipping company with reasonable prices?

Thanks for answers.

tara

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This would be an opportune time for Boards to set up an EMIGRATION forum and let boardsie link together for moving their stuff etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

I have a rate card here for palletways.com and the rates for Germany are on a sliding scale between £77 and £180 + VAT depending on which region you are going to and whether its a 1/4 pallet, 1/2 pallet or a full pallet. (depends on a mixture of weight and volume)

These are from the UK and in Sterling, Ireland should not be a huge amount more, maybe €50. I suggest you get in touch with your local depot via palletways.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭tara73

hey rainbowdash,

just phoned palletways but they don't do household stuff. :(
    But thanks for advice.
    Anybody some other tips?
    thanks
    tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

try asking on www.towtowngermany.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

tara73 wrote: »
    hey all,

I'm planning of shipping household stuff about 1m3 to germany in middle of may.
    does anybody has any recommendations of a good shipping company with reasonable prices?

Thanks for answers.

tara

I moved to Spain a few years ago and used a company called Seven Seas to move about 12 large boxes of household stuff. They also ship to Germany I see: http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/shipping/germany.aspx?page=shippingto
    I was very happy with their service and prices. They deliver boxes, packing materials, tape etc to your house (included in the price), then you ring them up to arrange collection when you're all packed. I seem to recall it took about 10-14 days for the boxes to arrive at their destination, everything intact including glassware etc. They send a crew of 2 to load and unload your stuff so no need to handle the boxes yourself.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrishShipping

Good afternoon

If its helpful, we are always interested in quoting for personal effects. If you want to Pm me the info re collection and delivery point I can quote you.

thanks, Emma

Advertisement