Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do i need to DJ from a laptop via PA system

Options
  • 20-04-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im due to play a gig on sat nite and have recently got the virtual DJ programme on my laptop ive plenty of tunes but im not sure how to correctly connect it to a PA, can i go directly to a mixer which is hooked to an amp or what ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

just plug into the line inputs on the mixer, better off with an external soundcard, less noise , also be aware that laptop power supplies can cause grounding problems, there is a fix using a 1:1 audio transformer but you wont get that before the weekend, if your laptop power supply runs off a figure 8 lead then no worries. the symbol below means double isolated which means dont have to worry about ground loops5.20b.gifbest of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Not that there's anything wrong with Quiggers reply but This forum will probably be able to help you more.

Advertisement