Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Which Constantly-Speculated Players Will Finally Move This Summer?

• 20-04-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

With just a few weeks left in the season we're hearing managers talking about strengthening their squads and we're already hearing a lot of the same highly-fancied players names' being bandied about this season as last. However obviously not every big team has a healthy balance so of the following media oft-repeated players who do you think will actually be making a move this summer, and to where?

Sergio Aguero
    Franck Ribery
    Edin Dzeko
    Cesc Fabregas
    David Villa
    David Silva
    Mario Balotelli
    Hugo Lloris
    Nemanja Vidic
    Eden Hazard
    Giampaolo Pazzini
    Simon Kjaer

Also what do you think are the chances of last years big transfers (Kaka, Benzema, Melo) might already be on the way out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Villa and Balotelli to City.

You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing love to see Balotelli at city

he would fit in there perfectly, himself and bellamy, they would get on like a house on fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ashley Cole to real madrid.
    Aguero to Chelsea

the rest to man city if they want them...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

What ever average player has a stormer of a world cup will move to some club !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Sergio to Chelsea!
    Think Cesc Will Stay !
    Ashley Cole Will Also Stay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Ashley Cole to real madrid.
    Aguero to Chelsea

the rest to man city if they want them...:D

Personally I reckon Aguero to Chelsea, Cole and Silva to Madrid, Ribery to Barca, Vidic to Juve or Milan and Villa to City. Possibly Lloris to Utd. Surely Dzeko HAS to go somewhere this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wouldn't be surprised if Jose Enrique sparked up a bit of an interest from some clubs.

I knew it was just a matter of time before someone mentioned vidic

really very tiresome by now

Headshot wrote: »
    I knew it was just a matter of time before someone mentioned vidic

really very tiresome by now

well actually the thread is
    ''So Which Constantly-Speculated Players Will Finally Move This Summer? ''
    And there has been speculation.
    Doesnt mean you have to get all defensive about it.

well actually the thread is
    ''So Which Constantly-Speculated Players Will Finally Move This Summer? ''
    And there has been speculation.
    Doesnt mean you have to get all defensive about it.

not defensive about it but where's the speculation coming from?

• Advertisement

not defensive about it but where's the speculation coming from?

I suppose Media... where all speculation regarding players/transfers comes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

With just a few weeks left in the season we're hearing managers talking about strengthening their squads and we're already hearing a lot of the same highly-fancied players names' being bandied about this season as last. However obviously not every big team has a healthy balance so of the following media oft-repeated players who do you think will actually be making a move this summer, and to where?

Sergio Aguero
    Franck Ribery
    Edin Dzeko
    Cesc Fabregas
    David Villa
    David Silva
    Mario Balotelli
    Hugo Lloris
    Nemanja Vidic
    Eden Hazard
    Giampaolo Pazzini
    Simon Kjaer
    Tarzan o Brien

Also what do you think are the chances of last years big transfers (Kaka, Benzema, Melo) might already be on the way out?

Tarzan o Brien moving to St Anthony's, Kilcoole,you heard it here first
    Vidic is gone this summer also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Heskey to Liverpool. Boo hoo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dzeko to Milan for Money + Huntelaar and Jankulovski.

Vidic to Italy or Real. Would have been Juve if they got CL footie but it's not looking likely now.

Balotelli would only move for insane money to either Chelsea or City, but i'd be surprised if he moved, although, I wouldn't be stunned if he does move and ends up moving to Milan, he's been seen at Milan games, has admitted he is a Milan fan, photographed wearing a jersey etc.

Villa, if he moves, will stay in spain, same for Silva.

Kun will probably end up at Inter.

Ribery to Real.

Lloris won't move this summer, same for Pazzini.

Kjaer will stay at Palermo for another year.

Cesc isn't moving anywhere this year unless it's for stupid money.

Hazard, no idea where he will go if he moves but id a cracking little player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

My heart says neither Gerrard or Torres are going anywhere, but I have my doubts, the bookies have Torres at only 11/8 to leave...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

has Vidic been mentioned yet?

has Vidic been mentioned yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

YOUTUBE

ha ha ha. Only messing with you.

Is Robinho only on loan at Santos?

As someone mentioned earlier, Balotelli and Bellamy and maybe even Robinho at the same club could be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

ha ha ha. Only messing with you.

Is Robinho only on loan at Santos?

As someone mentioned earlier, Balotelli and Bellamy and maybe even Robinho at the same club could be amazing.

He is but I read he wants to stay there. I reckon he doesn't like England really but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Seaneh wrote: »
    Dzeko to Milan for Money + Huntelaar and Jankulovski.

Milan blew there chance to sign him last year. Signed a contract extension last year.
    Vidic to Italy or Real. Would have been Juve if they got CL footie but it's not looking likely now.

Why would Vidic take such a drop down to Juve. Doesn't make sense. He won't leave IMO.
    Balotelli would only move for insane money to either Chelsea or City, but i'd be surprised if he moved, although, I wouldn't be stunned if he does move and ends up moving to Milan, he's been seen at Milan games, has admitted he is a Milan fan, photographed wearing a jersey etc.

The jersey was on a comedy TV show. It was a joke. Although he has admitted he's a fan of AC Milan, quite strange that, but Milan definitely don't have the money to sign him.
    Kjaer will stay at Palermo for another year.

Kjaer will move IMO. If Milan hadn't of signed 'the youthfulness' of Yepes :rolleyes:, I would of thought Milan would be interested. But now, I'd say Juventus are more likely.

• Advertisement

Osu wrote: »
    Milan blew there chance to sign him last year. Signed a contract extension last year.

Why would Vidic take such a drop down to Juve. Doesn't make sense. He won't leave IMO.

The jersey was on a comedy TV show. It was a joke. Although he has admitted he's a fan of AC Milan, quite strange that, but Milan definitely don't have the money to sign him.

Kjaer will move IMO. If Milan hadn't of signed 'the youthfulness' of Yepes :rolleyes:, I would of thought Milan would be interested. But now, I'd say Juventus are more likely.

I can see Dzeko at Milan next year. The fee would be high but his wages wouldn't and that makes it possible.

As for Balotelli. He has been been seen in a box at Milan CL games wearing a Rossoneri scarf more than once. I don't see it happening, all I said was, I wouldn't be stunned.

Signing Yepes almost made me cry. Great replacment for Favalli there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I can see Dzeko at Milan next year. The fee would be high but his wages wouldn't and that makes it possible.

As for Balotelli. He has been been seen in a box at Milan CL games wearing a Rossoneri scarf more than once. I don't see it happening, all I said was, I wouldn't be stunned.

Signing Yepes almost made me cry. Great replacment for Favalli there :rolleyes:

Thought Yepes was a great statement of intent to age the squad further. The guy has played well in Serie A this season. In fact, he has been superb. But at 34. Come on. Then again, with the money situation, with him being a free and all he could do a job for a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

All just my opinion but this is where I reckon they will go:

Sergio Aguero - Inter
    Franck Ribery - Real
    Edin Dzeko - Milan
    Cesc Fabregas - Inter
    David Villa - Don't know, somewhere in Spain
    David Silva - Don't know, somewhere in Spain
    Mario Balotelli - Arsenal
    Hugo Lloris - Stay where he is
    Nemanja Vidic - Milan or Barca
    Eden Hazard - Not a clue
    Giampaolo Pazzini - Stay where he is
    Simon Kjaer - Stay where he is
    Pato - Chelsea or Real
    Benzema - Man Utd.
    Melo - Arsenal
    Diego - Not sure where but I reckon he will be sold.

Dor83 ill take a wild stab at this but your a inter fan right :pac:

so you think Juve will sell Diego ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hope Lyon swoop for Diego. Perfect Juninho successor.

Dor83 ill take a wild stab at this but your a inter fan right :pac:
    Yeah, but I reckon Aguero because we have been chasing him for a couple of years now and even tried to get Maradona as a scout before he got the Argentina job, just so he would get Aguero to move to us. Fabregas was named in the insurance policy that the club took out for our players for next year.
    so you think Juve will sell Diego ?
    I do think he will be sold, there have been rumors for a couple of months that they want to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Not a hope Fabregas will move to Inter.

When he leaves Arsenal it will be for Barcelona. No-one else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

dor83 wrote: »
    Fabregas was named in the insurance policy that the club took out for our players for next year.

Source?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Source?
    Sky Sports Italy were reporting it last month, heres the article from goal.com.

• Advertisement

Sky Sports Italy were reporting it last month, heres the article from goal.com.

I rate both those sources about as much as I would Marca or NotW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I'd say Beckford to Everton is quite likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if investment doesn't come in, Stevie Gerrard to Inter Milan, or even the lunatic asylum that is Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If Kun goes to Chelsea I'm going to cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Diego's going nowhere.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gigi Buffon yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Both Riera and Aurelio look like certainties to move this summer.

• Advertisement

Paul Mc Shane to Infinity and beyond hopefully

Diego's going nowhere.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gigi Buffon yet.

Yup, could see him moving this year myself, but where?

Would look lovely behind a row of red and black IMHO, but never going to happen.

Can't see City signing him they had Given and although Buffon is better, Given isn't that far behind him and the money involved wouldn't be worth it for them...

Man Yoo maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Or Arsenal if Wenger gives in to the pressure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Some weird comment made about Buffon on Monday's Guardian Podcast.

Something along the lines of Vidic to Juve, in return for Buffon and 15m

Richardson asked who'd get the 15m, and the answer was United, and he said "bum deal", then Glendenning made some comment I couldn't make out, they laughed and then Richardson indicated that the words "bum deal" are funny in relation to Buffon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

John O'Shea to Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lukker- wrote: »
    John O'Shea to Barcelona.
    Could they afford him?

Des wrote: »
    Some weird comment made about Buffon on Monday's Guardian Podcast.

Something along the lines of Vidic to Juve, in return for Buffon and 15m

Richardson asked who'd get the 15m, and the answer was United, and he said "bum deal", then Glendenning made some comment I couldn't make out, they laughed and then Richardson indicated that the words "bum deal" are funny in relation to Buffon.
    I head that too but they got it wrong, the report from Tuttosport said that Utd were to give Juve Vidic plus £20m for Buffon. I doubt Utd would pay that much and also don't think Buffon is worth that much, he is 32 after all.

I head that too but they got it wrong, the report from Tuttosport said that Utd were to give Juve Vidic plus £20m for Buffon. I doubt Utd would pay that much and also don't think Buffon is worth that much, he is 32 after all.

he is 32, but he is a keeper, he could easily play until he is 40 and he is currently the best keeper in the world.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Why would Vidic go to Juventus anyway?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I doubt Utd would pay that much and also don't think Buffon is worth that much, he is 32 after all.

If Buffon was available for 20M I'd love to see Arsenal snap him up.

Even if he is 32 he's still got at least 5 years of top quality playing time left, most likely 7 or 8.

he is 32, but he is a keeper, he could easily play until he is 40 and he is currently the best keeper in the world.
    But I would value Vidic at about £20m, which would make the reported fee to about £40m, and that is way too much for any keeper, especially a 32 year old. I think you would get Lloris or Akinfeev for about half that and Frey(who I would rate very highly, although he is 30) for about £15m, all of whom would represent much better value than £40m for a 32 year old Buffon imo.

Why would Vidic go to Juventus anyway?

Because even Turin is a nicer city than Manchester!

His wife is known to hate the place, there have been rumblings of it for ages now.

Juve with him and Giorgio Chiellini at the back would be very good defensively if they can get good right full.

XXXX - Chiellini - Vidic - Grosso

would be an impressive back four, provided XXXX is a quality RB.

Won't happen unless Juve finish 4th, which doesn't look like happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If Kun goes to Chelsea I'm going to cry.

Same.

Tears of joy obviously. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Wow, that seems insane to me, although you have the potential of getting good value out of Buffon as he is a keeper, I would of thought Vidic would be held to a higher value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

heavyballs wrote: »
    Tarzan o Brien moving to St Anthony's, Kilcoole,you heard it here first
    Vidic is gone this summer also

Too busy coaching no!??

• Advertisement
Advertisement