Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Which Constantly-Speculated Players Will Finally Move This Summer?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Diego's going nowhere.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gigi Buffon yet.

Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

There's no way Juve would sell Buffon for 20m. The only reason Juve would even consider selling him would be if someone offered them enough to replace him and sign 1 or 2 good defenders.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Juve with him and Giorgio Chiellini at the back would be very good defensively if they can get good right full.

XXXX - Chiellini - Vidic - Grosso

would be an impressive back four, provided XXXX is a quality RB.
    Grosso is absolutely dreadful, woeful, awful. I'd almost rather Molinaro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'd say Juve would let Diego go if they got a good enough offer for him.He can't play in the Juve side and they cant seem to mould anything around him.They'll have to be prepared for a huge cash write off though I reckon

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gillington wrote: »
    I'd say Juve would let Diego go if they got a good enough offer for him.He can't play in the Juve side and they cant seem to mould anything around him.They'll have to be prepared for a huge cash write off though I reckon

I reckon they could sell him for a very similar amount to what they bought him for.

Gillington wrote: »
    No one can play in this Juve side. It's not his fault that the team around him is one of the worst Juve teams of all time. If we make sensible signings in the summer I think we'll see a much improved Diego next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sergio Aguero - Chelsea
    Franck Ribery - Barca
    David Villa - City
    David Silva - Liverpool
    Mario Balotelli - Arsenal
    Berbatov - Milan
    Benzema - United

I don't think either Cesc or Lloris will move from their clubs this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Villa, Mata, Silva, Banega; at least 2 of those will be off. Perhaps Mata to Inter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Johner wrote: »
    Same.

Tears of joy obviously. :)

My heart will be ripped out. I think he is just so amazing. *gush* United! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

mayordenis wrote: »
    I reckon they could sell him for a very similar amount to what they bought him for.

You reckon they could get 24 mil for him!? I'd say they'd accept around 14-16 for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Marouane Chamakh i think is pretty much on his way to Arsenal in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Sergio Aguero - Chelsea
    Franck Ribery - Barca
    David Villa - City
    David Silva - Liverpool
    Mario Balotelli - Arsenal
    Berbatov - Milan
    Benzema - United

I don't think either Cesc or Lloris will move from their clubs this year.

Dream on!

Dream on!
    We got Torres who is the first choice spanish striker. Believe ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We got Torres who is the first choice spanish striker. Believe ;)

Villa is first choice

Frisbee wrote: »
    Villa is first choice
    So you are saying that Torres who scored the winning goal for them in European championship final and made the World team of the year last year is number two behind Villa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

So you are saying that Torres who scored the winning goal for them in European championship final and made the World team of the year last year is number two behind Villa?

Yes, Villa tends to be more dominant when the two play together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yes.

Juliano Beletti scored the goal to win the Champions League Final for Barca against Arsenal.

That doesn't mean he was even close to first choice that year.

Villa is Spain's #1 striker. Torres is a phneomenal player, but when playing 4-3-3 Villa is generally preferred by Del Bosque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think the original point was
    Liverpool - transfer funds - champions league != Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Frisbee wrote: »
    Villa is first choice

I see we have a pointless and unprovable argument on the brew. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Villa > Torres for Spain

keane2097 wrote: »
    Villa > Torres for Spain
    How can I argue with that logic Keano. We have a winner ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

...so, how about those potential transfers of players surrounded by constant speculation, eh?

...so, how about those potential transfers of players surrounded by constant speculation, eh?
    Well re Liverpool we wont know till the sale goes through and that may take awhile. There was talk of Masch going to Barca and again chances are City may make a big bid for Torres.

Well re Liverpool we wont know till the sale goes through and that may take awhile. There was talk of Masch going to Barca and again chances are City may make a big bid for Torres.

Be interesting to see how important Champions League football is to Liverpool's players!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how important Champions League football is to Liverpool's players!
    Both Torres and Gerrard on record as saying they want three to four quality players bought in the summer. If that doesnt happen they may walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Daniel Agger will hopefully convince Kjaer that Liverpool is the right club for him.;)
    He's also a Liverpool fan :pac:

Both Torres and Gerrard on record as saying they want three to four quality players bought in the summer. If that doesnt happen they may walk.

Ye wouldn't want to be losing any quality players either!

Ye wouldn't want to be losing any quality players either!
    Its not beyond us to be competitive again. We did before after Houllier left. But the board really needs to be ambitious in summer in terms of their signings.

Both Masch and Torres have been linked with moves to Juve if Benitez goes there (which looks likely).

Both Masch and Torres have been linked with moves to Juve if Benitez goes there (which looks likely).
    What seems to be at issue is how much money Liverpool board are prepared to give Rafa in the summer
    Rafa Im sure would want to give title a proper go at the pool given right injection of funds. And really I dont see Gerrard and Torres going with him. Would be a lot for the Liverpool fans to take.

Torres to Juve??? I'd be surprised if he went there to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What seems to be at issue is how much money Liverpool board are prepared to give Rafa in the summer.

What seems to be an issue is how much potential buyers are willing to pay Hicks and Gillet.

Torres to Juve??? I'd be surprised if he went there to be honest!

They're in a similar situation to Liverpool at the moment but are rumoured to have €80m to spend this summer. You never know.

What seems to be an issue is how much potential buyers are willing to pay Hicks and Gillet.
    Posted this the other day which will give you an idea of where the various parties are in terms of value of club. Hicks wants to make a quick killing by the looks of it while Pool seem to be taking a more realistic look at things.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65494055&postcount=25219

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Torres has responded a number of times to the speculation about him moving this summer and each time he has said that he has no interest in moving anywhere, plus he has been interviewed as saying he would only be interested in certain clubs in Spain if he were to leave Liverpool in the future

Advertisement