Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Religion Project

Options
  • 20-04-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm sitting Religion Leaving Cert Ordinary Level, and have my project more or less done (due Friday) but have not been given a booklet for the project.
    I asked for one and the teacher said "You'd have to check online for that or something", and was being just genuinely difficult.

So I have 3 days for this, and am receiving more or less no support from the religion teacher. I took it up late (few months ago) and he's been discouraging me since. I understand where he's coming from, but I am going ahead with it, am doing well in homework (I study the LC books, exam papers etc) and want a reliable response on what to do about my project??
    I can't just hand it up on lined paper, nor can I just 'print off' a booklet (Which is meant to be printed by the SEC, right?).

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I'm sitting Religion Leaving Cert Ordinary Level, and have my project more or less done (due Friday) but have not been given a booklet for the project.
    I asked for one and the teacher said "You'd have to check online for that or something", and was being just genuinely difficult.

So I have 3 days for this, and am receiving more or less no support from the religion teacher. I took it up late (few months ago) and he's been discouraging me since. I understand where he's coming from, but I am going ahead with it, am doing well in homework (I study the LC books, exam papers etc) and want a reliable response on what to do about my project??
    I can't just hand it up on lined paper, nor can I just 'print off' a booklet (Which is meant to be printed by the SEC, right?).

Any help?
    Email the SEC!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martinstatic

Will do, though with 3 days left, I doubt they could post anything in time...
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Will do, though with 3 days left, I doubt they could post anything in time...
    Thanks.
    They'll tell you the best options though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The religion course project is a joke to be honest. Nobody seems to have a clue of the marking scheme and the structure is extremely vague.

I wrote out mine today in the booklet, glad to be done with the bitch of a thing. Beyond caring whether they think it's any good at this stage.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The religion course project is a joke to be honest. Nobody seems to have a clue of the marking scheme and the structure is extremely vague.

I wrote out mine today in the booklet, glad to be done with the bitch of a thing. Beyond caring whether they think it's any good at this stage.
    True true, but it's handy enough for points, compared to say Physics or something...
    I'm writing it out on paper, will present it to the teacher tomorrow and demand a booklet.
    Hate this last minute ****e. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bornroyalty

My school didnt get enought booklets so my teacher rang up and ordered more... not sure where she ordered tho sorry but least that means it is possible :)

Does anyone know (for higher level) are you allowed to draw extra lines on the blank space at the bottom of the pages and write extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Sounds to me like your teacher needs to get his act together. Religion is a very complicated subject (I have a friend who took 9 subject incl. physics, chemisty & 2 foreign languages and she said religion was by far the most difficult). It really helps to have a teacher who cares about the course. That being said, the marks in my school were generally really good so I don't think its marked as hard as they let on . As far as the booklet is concerned, its quite simply a joke. The sample answers you get are like novels and they leave little or no room in the booklets.
    Does anyone know (for higher level) are you allowed to draw extra lines on the blank space at the bottom of the pages and write extra?
    I did HL last year and I added lines to the bottom of every page. Our teacher seemed to really know the course inside and out (thankfully) and she advised us all to do so. There didn't seem to be any problem with it and lots of people in my class got very high marks. Go for it :-)

melissavm wrote: »
    Sounds to me like your teacher needs to get his act together. Religion is a very complicated subject (I have a friend who took 9 subject incl. physics, chemisty & 2 foreign languages and she said religion was by far the most difficult). It really helps to have a teacher who cares about the course. That being said, the marks in my school were generally really good so I don't think its marked as hard as they let on . As far as the booklet is concerned, its quite simply a joke. The sample answers you get are like novels and they leave little or no room in the booklets.

I did HL last year and I added lines to the bottom of every page. Our teacher seemed to really know the course inside and out (thankfully) and she advised us all to do so. There didn't seem to be any problem with it and lots of people in my class got very high marks. Go for it :-)

Looks like I'm already a bit late with the project submission, but I have it all written out (on paper)
    I'm going to request from from the SEC if I can, and hopefully my teacher wont be an ass if I hand it to him monday, though it's due tomorrow! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bornroyalty

melissavm wrote: »

Thanks great thank you so much! :) Really reassuring! :)

Advertisement