Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightroom users.

• 20-04-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

I have Lightroom 3 and have 4 pictures that I want to use in 1 picture, not sure of the name..montage?
    I've not got a clue how to do this...anyone? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

If you want just want them nice and square you can do it in the print module, use the print package to create 4 cells on a page, put the 4 pictures into the cells then you can choose the print to file option.

I'm on my way out now, if you have any trouble I'll do short how to later for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

This is for a triptych but it's the same idea: http://digital-photography-school.com/creating-a-triptych-in-lightroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Ok, ta, I'll try and get this empty head round it.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've never tried anything as fancy in LR as that, but I do so love that program. On a related note, do you find LR3 sluggish at all? I downloaded the beta trial but it was much slower than LR2 without seeming to offer me anything extra, so I got rid.

I don't want to print them, I want to put them on random photos!

:D

• Advertisement

I've never tried anything as fancy in LR as that, but I do so love that program. On a related note, do you find LR3 sluggish at all? I downloaded the beta trial but it was much slower than LR2 without seeming to offer me anything extra, so I got rid.
    I find it far far far faster than LR2.
    Then again I did up my memory and got my system reformated.
    I quite like LR3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I think my rig is just too slow maybe? And I may have had a few other programs running at the time. might give it another go.

All I got is 2GB RAM, though it is a dual core pc. Has been iffy with a few other programs lately too.

that set up should be fine, I have a gaming rig so mine was pretty super duper. :p
    quadcore win 7 and erm 4 gig mem, although win 7 can only use 3.25 by all accounts.
    Win 7 def worth installing as it's far lighter on memory usage then Vista but with far features then xp.

nilhg wrote: »
    I'm on my way out now, if you have any trouble I'll do short how to later for ya.
    I shall be waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Janer
    You can create what you need easily enough in Picasa 3.

To do it in Lightroom, go to the print module and choose Picture Package. With this you can create very flexable custom layouts and designs. When you finish designing, go to print jobs on the bottom right and select the option of print to file. You'll then get the option to save it off to a jpeg file somewhere in your system. Nuff said. :)

Empty head or not, you should be able to sus it out. It's not that difficult. :)

Btw, I can lend you some lightroom video tutorials if you want. That is if you're inclined to sit and learn for a while. ;)

• Advertisement

I drag the 1st picture in, but when I drag the 2nd picture in it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Rather than trying to explain it watch this vid http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-complete-picture-with-julieanne-kost/creating-a-triptych/. Julieanne Kost has some excellent tutorials easy to follow and listen to on there....think this is the one you want ayway!

Ta, I'll give it a spin as soon as the footy is over, cracking game.

/edit
    thats for cs4?

And you can only use 3 pics!
    I have 4.

Ta, I'll give it a spin as soon as the footy is over, cracking game.

/edit
    thats for cs4?

And you can only use 3 pics!
    I have 4.

In LR, (library module) hold ctrl down and click on the 4 pics. Co to Print module then and you should be able to use the 4

lol I'm getting nowhere, I do as you say Daycent but when I drag them in they are all of the same photo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

have you got photoshop?

No.
    :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

No.
    :P

well thats that nipped in the bud

lol I'm getting nowhere, I do as you say Daycent but when I drag them in they are all of the same photo!

I give up :D

(print the 4 of them out, stick em together with sellotape and take a photo :p)

Just gone back to LR, I was able to find em!
    I shall now try to erm get em all the size I want to fit in ratio bla bla

• Advertisement

oshead wrote: »
    When you finish designing, go to print jobs on the bottom right and select the option of print to file. You'll then get the option to save it off to a jpeg file somewhere in your system. Nuff said. :)
    I only get a xps option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I shall be waiting!

Just in from the pub, better do it once tomorrow.....

Wise choice...the Pub that is. :D

Advertisement