Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords club league Weds 21st

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

biker_joe wrote: »
    ok I have couple of Suggestions .... but these circuits may have already been ruled out by the committee ? and have been phased out over the last few years .....

1. The Old Town circuit that we used to use that takes the left up a slight drag off the road to Garristown

2. The Boot Inn Circuit ( this is still used by the ladies ? on the same night ? )

3. The old Balrothary Circuit.

4. The Green Sheds / Warrenstown Circuit. / Mullagh Circuit when available ?
    5. Are we using the Corduff Circuit this year ?

Biker Joe

All worth considering. The Batterstown ones fell out of favour as they are quite far away for most members (hard to get there for a 7.15 start) but always worth looking at again.
    The old Balrothery circuit looks usable now but is a bit shorter.
    The Boot inn one was abandoned due to traffic. I did lead car there 2 years ago in the Ladies league and it was quite ropey !
    We're using a variation of the Corduff circuit with the diversion we used in the club champs.
    Also for the 10 mile TT are using the circuit you suggested last year (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Hey Rob
    Which circuit is the 10 mile TT being run on this year ? Last year the circuit was changed at the last minute due to the road works ...

The 10 Mile used to run on a lap of the nags turning left at the top and back round to ballyboughil, but the road is fairly bad there too just before and on the rising left turn back towards Ballyboughil ....this is one lap of the Ballyboughill circuit which we can't use now because of ONE resident ? Is this still the case ?

I did a 10 mile TT with some of lads from just past the brock Inn along the old N2 to the swords / roathoath roundabout and back ... plenty of room and not too much traffic .....

Biker Joe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hey Rob
    Which circuit is the 10 mile TT being run on this year ? Last year the circuit was changed at the last minute due to the road works ...

The 10 Mile used to run on a lap of the nags turning left at the top and back round to ballyboughil, but the road is fairly bad there too just before and on the rising left turn back towards Ballyboughil ....this is one lap of the Ballyboughill circuit which we can't use now because of ONE resident ? Is this still the case ?

I did a 10 mile TT with some of lads from just past the brock Inn along the old N2 to the swords / roathoath roundabout and back ... plenty of move and not too much traffic .....

Biker Joe.
    Could you put that on google maps and send it to me ?
    I think we're using a circuit from Balyboughal out to the hanging Baskets direction left turn then left again and u turn and back . It's much flatter and will get faster times.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

yea I think I heard a Chain drop !! and few nicely choosen words :)
    did you get back on ?

Maybe fit one of these Shaun ?

http://ninjaturtlesracingdiary.blogspot.com/2009/05/anti-chain-drop-devices.html

Biker_Joe

Nah Joe game over had to get off as it got all tangled. Ah well got a decent workout in but was TT'ing...

My own fault never touched the bike after three races at the weekend so just needed a bit of degreaser and oil. should no better at this stage

I think 1st Colm Laverty 2nd Javan Nulty 3rd Tim O Regan

Advertisement