Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E72 unlocked for €199

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Yup gold edition plastered all over it.Box was inside a brown envelope but its seals had been opened.No way of knowing till you open the envelope. Kinda dodgy already there but then I saw it was gold...

WOW - glad I missed out on that!! thats going to look like something that came out of the 1 euro grabber machine in Barneys once it gets a bit worn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Yup gold edition plastered all over it.Box was inside a brown envelope but its seals had been opened.No way of knowing till you open the envelope. Kinda dodgy already there but then I saw it was gold...

Went home for a peek. Mothers phone was gold aswell, but I think it looks pretty damn nice :o

No problems here, both the e71 and the Jet look perfect, and brand new. Powered on both phones. all looks fine. Very impressed by the e71. Looks to be real player, flash player, youtube, internet radio, fm radio, maps.... didnt have long to play with it, but looks mightily impressive for €120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Delivered - less than 24 hours after purchase, I like good service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

john47832 wrote: »
    Delivered - less than 24 hours after purchase, I like good service :D

Title,Description,Fitness,Quality,Sample. Where in the world did it say gold, if the picture is a black then you expect it to be black. Delivery is pretty good though, spot on.Good service, dont think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I received mine this morning. It's also in gold.

I can only hope they'll replace it quickly or I'll be looking for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Went home for a peek. Mothers phone was gold aswell, but I think it looks pretty damn nice :o

No problems here, both the e71 and the Jet look perfect, and brand new. Powered on both phones. all looks fine. Very impressed by the e71. Looks to be real player, flash player, youtube, internet radio, fm radio, maps.... didnt have long to play with it, but looks mightily impressive for €120

phew! i though i was the only one. from the pics i dont think it looks too bad
    either.

when gold was mentioned i got an image in my head that it was all completly covered in gold!

excellent bargain for 99 euro, 2 day delivery, all in all very happy with my purchase. thanks to maxroam and the OP for alerting us to the site.
    Will keep an eye out for future specials/

Title,Description,Fitness,Quality,Sample. Where in the world did it say gold, if the picture is a black then you expect it to be black. Delivery is pretty good though, spot on.Good service, dont think so.

Wheres yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

Still no sign of mine-ordered first thing on wednesday mornin. gonna be a little peeved if its gold since the word gold was never mentioned in the description!hopefully it comes and doesn't look too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

"Colour: Black with Gold trim"

Its written down the botom of Product Specification.

• Advertisement

baldshin wrote: »
    Still no sign of mine-ordered first thing on wednesday mornin. gonna be a little peeved if its gold since the word gold was never mentioned in the description!hopefully it comes and doesn't look too bad!

Are you outside of Dublin?

Wheres yours?

I dont know what you're asking.

I dont know what you're asking.

was an indirect question which meant you didnt actually buy one yet are happy to complain about the goods and service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

Are you outside of Dublin?

Yup-good spot,must be why its not hear yet. maybe it'll come later today,if not it'll be monday unless that courier does weekends. guess everytime i see the gold on it it'll remind me to always read descriptions fully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I think gold actually looks quite good. Can anyone who received a phone port what they think of them. Still thinking of getting one.

baldshin wrote: »
    Yup-good spot,must be why its not hear yet. maybe it'll come later today,if not it'll be monday unless that courier does weekends. guess everytime i see the gold on it it'll remind me to always read descriptions fully!

I would say if you dont have it by now it will be monday, most couriers will be doing collections not deliveries now.

cuppa wrote: »
    "Colour: Black with Gold trim"

Its written down the botom of Product Specification.
    The nerve of them. Google Cache here
    71671529.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

got the E72 (for free from meteor) about 3 weeks ago and i love it, its a Brilliant phone took about 2 weeks to get use to it and figure out the apps and stuff for it, but nokia send you tips on how best to use it and stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

you need to scroll down to the bottom

picture.php?albumid=942&pictureid=5955

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

71671529.jpg

Yea the colour bit did look a bit like it was stuck in later,,still looks fine to me (if not a bit girly :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

display_1647767736.pngsamsung-s8000-jet-black-gold-1.jpg

Clearly not as advertised on the Site - Consumer Law will save ye.

Looks like a Pimps dream phone though.

- Ye would just be short a wide-brim velvet hat with a long purple feather :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

[/URL]

Might want to make a screen grab of that cache in case there are problems with them giving a refund for phones.

I think by now it can be seen that the phone selling side of things is probably new to them and they're improving/improvising on the fly. They probably genuinely didn't want to mislead anyone, might have just copy and pasted the specifications from a website without checking the facts first. Or easier still - they could have just used the gold edition picture... plus "gold edition" might make the phone seem more exclusive ;)

edit: and for what it's worth - I don't think the gold one looks that bad :P but it's still not what was advertised though...

Raiser wrote: »
    Looks like a Pimps dream phone though
    Hehe gold for cash here i come ;) Besides the colour, the phone is fine. Resistive screen works good, very responsive. Bit picky with video resolutions.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Might want to make a screen grab of that cache in case there are problems with them giving a refund for phones.

I think by now it can be seen that the phone selling side of things is probably new to them and they're improving/improvising on the fly. They probably genuinely didn't want to mislead anyone, might have just copy and pasted the specifications from a website without checking the facts first. Or easier still - they could have just used the gold edition picture... plus "gold edition" might make the phone seem more exclusive ;)

edit: and for what it's worth - I don't think the gold one looks that bad :P but it's still not what was advertised though...

I would imagine thats why they were so cheap in the first place, probably bought as a job lot as the could'nt be shifted in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

71671529.jpg

Unless you bought the phone at EUR129, that isn't going to do you much good.

s_carnage wrote: »
    I think gold actually looks quite good. Can anyone who received a phone port what they think of them. Still thinking of getting one.

I paid 150 and very happy with it, comes with all the bits n pieces, case, ear phones etc - in unopened box - a proper bargain

samsung jet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I got the 'PIMP' Jet delivered as promised today in an unopened box.
    Its my 1st touchscreen phone so its takin me a little time to get used of it but so far so good sometimes I open menus instead of scrollin etc but after a while I think I will get the hang of it.
    The gold I don't like but at 100 euro cant really complain overall a damn good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone got the E72? Interested to know what colour it is.

Yet to get mine. Probably it will be Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hi all,

Time to close this thread. This forum is for Bargain Alerts, not product comparison or indeed Customer Service, except where necessary to dispel accusations or to resolve issues.

This thread has been a big learning curve for us about how certain members interact on the site. While most were happy to carry what I think is the spirit and ethos of Bargain Alerts, and indeed Boards.ie, in being willing to share advice, to give direct honest and reasonable feedback and to understand that this is a new area to everyone, others were not.

It is my understanding from Maxroam that certain Boards.ie members, when contacting the company, were unnecessarily rude or aggressive when calling. This, from my perspective is such a shame. It reflects badly on the site and it's not something that I'd be happy to stand over in my position.

What happened in this thread from certain members ruined an opportunity for everyone else. Rather than approach with politeness, members chose to call foul cry "scam" and worse when, by their own admission, through their own fault they didn't get their way. Instead of approaching Pat with reasonable questions, manners and perhaps a good offer, it was bully tactics and it has resulted not only in a bad experience in Maxroam's eyes, but also a warning against any other company interacting on Boards.ie.

There's a very valid opportunity for Boards.ie members to get good bargains and offers because they're Boards.ie members. This will not happen if companies are unwilling to engage on Boards.ie in forums because they think the members will just go for them, rather than be willing to discuss and come to a reasonable, sensible agreement about a great value offer.

Lest I be accused of bias here because I know Pat Phelan, let me tell you - I deal all day long in Customer Service - it's an essential part of my job and why I was hired. Not only do I handle the emails - questions, legal complaints and account queries - that come into hello@boards.ie, but I help many of the companies in our Talk to forums - Vodafone, Magnet, Komplett, the EU Commission - with how they should interact and engage as well as training in companies like Eircom, Meteor and other very big, well known brands on how to communicate online.

If there's a way companies "should" interact, there is definitely a way for members to show their appreciation for the companies willing to engage with them.

This definitely wasn't shown in this thread from some members.

We're working on a service and site here that people can enjoy and get genuine value from. While I'm the first person to believe that a negative experience with a company should be shared, I also believe the company should have a right to reply to issues and to do so in a constructive, helpful way that assists anyone reading the thread. The reaction to this thread from outside parties has been justifiably critical because of the sense of entitlement that some members seem to have - a sense that seems to override their manners and understanding that when a company is willing to engage with them, they should be allowed a reasonable time to do so.

You wouldn't behave like this in a shop. Why should I (for one) be happy for you to behave like it on Boards.ie?

I'll open a thread (once I've talked to the moderators and got their permission) on Monday to discuss this and what we *could* be doing in Bargain Alerts, how we could be interacting with - and getting bargain-alert-worthy offers from - companies and why "BE CIVIL" is important. In the meantime though, enjoy the other threads on site.

Thanks

Darragh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement