Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E72 unlocked for €199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

neonitrix wrote: »
    Same query as above really, ordered yesterday morning under the impression that courier would deliver today as per Pats post answering about same, no courier has arrived.

contacted sales and they said it was sent out with courier offer 2/3 days delivery service.

Neonitrix

Same jist here, ordered yesterday and no show today. CS have no tracking number, only a referral number. Anyone have any idea what thats used for? Haven't got a clue what courier they're using either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Bozacke wrote: »
    Maybe I'm overreacting, it's only a day late, but I wanted to see if anyone else is in the same situation, but the Mods locked the thread. I know maybe I should post this somewhere else, but this is where I got the heads up about the phone and here many said they had also ordered it. So has anyone received or not received their Samsung Jet yet?

Nope. Ordered 2, E71 for myself, Jet for the mother. Neither delivered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Same here. Ordered the Sony X10 yesterday and was told it would be delivered today, hoping it arrives tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Gah, i ordered last night thinking i'd have it by friday. I'll be waiting until monday now? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Maxroam: Pat

Most of our phones have been delivered already
    http://twitter.com/murrion/status/12639295476
    I expect the remainder will be delivered on Friday morning
    Apologies on the delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

No sign of mine either. hope someone's at home to sign if it comes tomorrow,otherwise i'll have to wait till monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Why all the glum faces:(?
    I ordered the Jet first thing yesterday. Considering the price of €99 and that the delivery price was significantly reduced to €12.50, I will be more than happy to get it, even if it arrives next week.
    I would expect that they got a lot more orders than expected and combined with a new delivery method, there was bound to be some delays.

Relax .. it's not a life support machine;)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

CH3OH wrote: »
    Why all the glum faces:(?
    I ordered the Jet first thing yesterday. Considering the price of €99 and that the delivery price was significantly reduced to €12.50, I will be more than happy to get it, even if it arrives next week.
    I would expect that they got a lot more orders than expected and combined with a new delivery method, there was bound to be some delays.

Relax .. it's not a life support machine;)

Its all about advertised service.Fair enough 1 day short is no bother,it'll arrive tomorrow. Express post means jack all if you leave out express. Just for future references, status updates doesn't make us into moaners. People just love to gloat, can't relax if im already lying down>_<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Shuyin1
    Hi Guys

we have updated the postage rate to €12.50 for Ireland
    this is a signed for delivery
    we dont have a tracker ability yet as its a new courier and the integration will take a little bit but the package is fully tracked

As above, Pat never said that the package would have a tracking number.

and did I mention anything about moaners?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

LOL E72 now 259 - this is getting funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Those phones are no longer at the price they were at. :(
    E71 is up to €179
    E72 is uo to €259
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is up to €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their stock is probably nearly gone, so they have to order more and being asked for a higher price perhaps

Davy wrote: »
    Their stock is probably nearly gone, so they have to order more and being asked for a higher price perhaps

Yea - i'd imagine Samsung and Nokia have now put in orders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls.. should have ordered the E72 when I had the chance! :(

Here's hoping it'll be on special again!

Fantastic advertisement - this thread has had 18k hits, and phones are still cheaper than anywhere else even though the prices are going up

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Ordered an e72 today from them - will post back when (hopefully) I receive it etc.
    I suspect that they have been deluged with orders - and from what I can see the mobile sale side of the business is new for them. Thats just my impression from the website and automated emails etc.

Perhaps if they are checking this thread - they might consider updating the faq etc. on the site to address mobile questions such as warranty etc.

anyway this looks to be a great bargain - maybe there should be two threads one for the e72 and whether people have recieved the handsets and are happy with the bargain in question - i.e. the e72 for 199 and a separate thread for a samsung jet (for 150 :-))

Just a suggestion !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

So let me get this right....

MaxRoam had excellent prices on 3 or 4 phones, which were "specials" even though they weren't marked as such.
    Traffic to MaxRoam picked up massively from this thread, a few people got deals (I wonder what the numbers are), and prices subsequently rose.
    At this stage pretty much all the "good" deals have expired, without warning, and despite Pat saying there are always specials available, the only one now on the site is the Motorola for €20?

Now I don't know much about much, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Soarer wrote: »
    So let me get this right....

MaxRoam had excellent prices on 3 or 4 phones, which were "specials" even though they weren't marked as such.
    Traffic to MaxRoam picked up massively from this thread, a few people got deals (I wonder what the numbers are), and prices subsequently rose.
    At this stage pretty much all the "good" deals have expired, without warning, and despite Pat saying there are always specials available, the only one now on the site is the Motorola for €20?

Now I don't know much about much, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Would you not call a Samsung Jet for 150 a bargain ? show me where to get one cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

john47832 wrote: »
    Would you not call a Samsung Jet for 150 a bargain ? show me where to get one cheaper

Haven't a clue. I'm not in the market for a phone, so I don't know the going rate.
    I'm just going by what I'm reading on this thread. If it is a bargain, I don't understand why there are so many complaints. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't a clue. I'm not in the market for a phone, so I don't know the going rate.
    I'm just going by what I'm reading on this thread. If it is a bargain, I don't understand why there are so many complaints. :confused:
    Let's not get into this again please..!

• Advertisement

There are so many complaints because some people on here think this dude is supposed to be a samaratin, not realising he is trying to run a business - and they have missed out, including myself, I bought a Jet for 150 but I still see it as cheap - aslo I'm a born sceptic, however there are many Mods here who have and are still standing by this guy as a genuine bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I don't think people have been complaining about if it's a bargain or not.

There's a way to do business, there's a way to build trust and a good relationship, especially on boards.

look at blacknight for example richer sounds etc, they get the good reputation because there's no nonsense and NO BS.

That's what people want I don't think Pat did a whole lot wrong, but it certainly doesn't look very good and with friends of his including Darragh who should have made it his business to stay impartial here made a dogs of it IMO.

I like what Pat does but this was a bit of a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

cant believe the price of the xperia has gone up to 400 i rang them yesterday telling them that i was planning on buying this phone on friday when i get paid and they assured me that the price wouldnt go up..... very dissapointed to say the least:mad:

ntlbell wrote: »

look at blacknight for example richer sounds etc, they get the good reputation because there's no nonsense and NO BS.

no nonsense and no BS - also no products 75% cheaper than everywhere else - hey, bottom line the dude is in it to make a dollar, whatever way he goes about it is his own business

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

no nonsense and no BS - also no products 75% cheaper than everywhere else - hey, bottom line the dude is in it to make a dollar, whatever way he goes about it is his own business

Oh absolutely he can do it anyway he likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Just looking at the prices that are there now the samsung jet is about the only bargain there now - and maybe the X10 (but only just) - everything else there can be bought cheaper elsewhere I would think. It would be interesting to know how many were sold at the cheaper prices - I imagine no matter what the stock levels were - they would have gone pretty quickly.
    Maybe a quantity left display would be a good addition to the site :-)
    - might mean at least that people would have been less disgruntled.
    Just based on the fact that I managed to order an e72 today at lunch time - I imagine that they had a fair amount of stock at the really good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

JAMM222 wrote: »
    cant believe the price of the xperia has gone up to 400 i rang them yesterday telling them that i was planning on buying this phone on friday when i get paid and they assured me that the price wouldnt go up..... very dissapointed to say the least:mad:

HOW DARE YOU SAY YOUR DISSAPOINTED!!!!! you should be happy you got to speak to sombody on the phone and seen a picture of the xperia at the price you thought you would pay for it!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Mate I would'nt bother posting here unless your going to throw roses at the seller, otherwise the cyber watchdogs will turn what you said into a hanging offence and pick your bones clean!!! Sure by the end of the thread you'll be posting money to MaxRoam for the privelige of viewing the site!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Disclaimer: I was only messing, please dont reply, I've had enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Glad I put my order in today for E72 before the prices went up. :) Looking forward to getting it soon.

To be fair, the price for E72 was there at the bargain price for nearly 2 days.

It wasnt supposed to last forever.

PS - I am not making any comments about Samsung Jet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

ll i think i have every right to be disappointed i was told that the price would remain at 360 and they lied....... i really hope they will resolve this was really looking forward to getting the xperia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I'm very surprised at the attitude of people on this thread. It is distasteful to say the least.

Maxroam were selling phones at what what many would regard as "misprice" prices. They appear to be honouring all the sales from what I can see. This forum is called "bargain alerts", and like any scarce commodity you need to be quick to get a bargain.

Being a private company Maxroam are under no obligation to feed the poor with smart phones. Buy if you like the price, otherwise put up and shut up.

Btw I saw the Jet for €99 with 12.50 postage and passed it up. Got an e71 THERE AND THEN instead for my mother which I reckon is a superior phone and was a fantastic bargain.

Thanks Pat and Maxroam, you did a great job and f*** the begruders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement