Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E72 unlocked for €199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

I know it's not a life support machine and I'm in no hurry, if I don't get it until Friday or even Monday it's not the end of the world, but I was told I'd get it today. I also paid 12.50 for shipping via a supposed one day courier, OK a lot less than the original 35E shipping, but at 12.50E for shipping it should be pretty fast. If they had a less expensive option for shipping I probably would have selected it. It's all based on expectations, I was told 1-day and I didn't get it, just like others assumed the sale prices wouldn't go up since the website didn't say limited quantity or have an expiration date. If you hesitated to buy and later found it said out of stock, I think most people would have understood it was a good deal and they weren't quick enough, but the fact Maxroam was still selling them at a higher price and initially it didn't say "Limited time only" or "limited quantity at these prices" or just had an expiration date, is what people have found frustrating.

I've purchased many things on-line and it's rare to get something the next day, but in the past I've purchased phones from Vodafone, O2 & Meteor and they have all arrived via courier within one day, if ordered before noon the day before, so the expectation for 1-day delivery is there with mobiles and they don't charge for delivery, although the prices of their phones are a lot higher then what I paid to Maxroam, even when including the delivery charge.

As far as attracting the attention of potential customers, Maxroam has done that, but they haven't set adequate expectations and because of this, the customer experience isn't too good.

I guess my biggest concern is, is this a scam and will I get my phone and if I do, will it be a cheap knock-off? The original prices were far cheaper than anywhere else and my usual experience is, if something is too good to be true, it usually isn't true. Time will tell, I'll keep you all posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

maidhc wrote: »
    I'm very surprised at the attitude of people on this thread. It is distasteful to say the least.

Maxroam were selling phones at what what many would regard as "misprice" prices. They appear to be honouring all the sales from what I can see. This forum is called "bargain alerts", and like any scarce commodity you need to be quick to get a bargain.

Being a private company Maxroam are under no obligation to feed the poor with smart phones. Buy if you like the price, otherwise put up and shut up.

Btw I saw the Jet for €99 with 12.50 postage and passed it up. Got an e71 THERE AND THEN instead for my mother which I reckon is a superior phone and was a fantastic bargain.

Thanks Pat and Maxroam, you did a great job and f*** the begruders.

i have to disagree as they have lied to me simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

JAMM222 wrote: »
    i have to disagree as they have lied to me simple as that

awww.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

basquille wrote: »
    Balls.. should have ordered the E72 when I had the chance! :(

Here's hoping it'll be on special again!

Same here! :( Was thinking about it all day, had the credit card out and all but was in no rush. Gutted. Only myself to blame though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I wanted the e71 at 120, but now its gone up. HANG THE SELLER!

Oh no wait, thats perfectly normal. I should have been quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Glad I put my order in today for E72 before the prices went up. :) Looking forward to getting it soon.

To be fair, the price for E72 was there at the bargain price for nearly 2 days.

It wasnt supposed to last forever.

PS - I am not making any comments about Samsung Jet ;)

Great phone, I got one a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Bozacke wrote: »
    I know it's not a life support machine and I'm in no hurry, if I don't get it until Friday or even Monday it's not the end of the world, but I was told I'd get it today. I also paid 12.50 for shipping via a supposed one day courier, OK a lot less than the original 35E shipping, but at 12.50E for shipping it should be pretty fast. If they had a less expensive option for shipping I probably would have selected it. It's all based on expectations, I was told 1-day and I didn't get it, just like others assumed the sale prices wouldn't go up since the website didn't say limited quantity or have an expiration date.

As far as attracting the attention of potential customers, Maxroam has done that, but they haven't set adequate expectations and because of this, the customer experience isn't too good.

I guess my biggest concern is, is this a scam and will I get my phone and if I do, will it be a cheap knock-off? The original prices were far cheaper than anywhere else and my usual experience is, if something is too good to be true, it usually isn't true. Time will tell, I'll keep you all posted.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'm very surprised at the attitude of people on this thread. It is distasteful to say the least.

Maxroam were selling phones at what what many would regard as "misprice" prices. They appear to be honouring all the sales from what I can see. This forum is called "bargain alerts", and like any scarce commodity you need to be quick to get a bargain.

Being a private company Maxroam are under no obligation to feed the poor with smart phones. Buy if you like the price, otherwise put up and shut up.

Btw I saw the Jet for €99 with 12.50 postage and passed it up. Got an e71 THERE AND THEN instead for my mother which I reckon is a superior phone and was a fantastic bargain.

Thanks Pat and Maxroam, you did a great job and f*** the begruders.

A lot of people out of the wood from cork supporting Pat, he wouldnt be from Cork would he ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I know it's not a life support machine and I'm in no hurry, if I don't get it until Friday or even Monday it's not the end of the world, but I was told I'd get it today. I also paid 12.50 for shipping via a supposed one day courier, OK a lot less than the original 35E shipping, but at 12.50E for shipping it should be pretty fast. If they had a less expensive option for shipping I probably would have selected it. It's all based on expectations, I was told 1-day and I didn't get it, just like others assumed the sale prices wouldn't go up since the website didn't say limited quantity or have an expiration date.

To be honest, if I thought something was a scam, I would run a mile from it & would not have placed an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

awww.

What's your problem?

This thread is quickly going back to the antagonistic one of yore. Shouldn't it be for the people who actually put in a delivery and want to comment on that?

• Advertisement

To be honest, if I thought something was a scam, I would run a mile from it & would not have placed an order.

I didn't think it was a scam when I ordered it, but that was because the "initial" very positive reaction by the people on this board. Now looking back on it, the very low price, all of the controversy and the fact I haven't yet received it, I am concerned. I hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I didn't think it was a scam when I ordered it, but that was because the "initial" very positive reaction by the people on this board. Now looking back on it, the very low price, all of the controversy and the fact I haven't yet received it, I am concerned. I hope I'm wrong!

There's no "scam" you will definitely get a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

First off, JAMM222 i agree what happened to you was bad form. Maybe a PM to pat would solve that for you. I'm still of the opinion he's a decent guy.

But i still think people shouldn't be so hard on these guys. Thier not in business to give people unreal bargains. What more can you expect from a company only too be competive which they still are. Supply and demand is fairly simple too understand.
    Also, i imagine thier business has increased ten fold overnight so i wouldn't be too upset if i dont get my phone within two days. I cant imagine any business managing that seamlessly. It could well be the courier's fault anyway.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    What's your problem?

This thread is quickly going back to the antagonistic one of yore. Shouldn't it be for the people who actually put in a delivery and want to comment on that?

I put in a delivery if you will note my previous comment. I just find the attitude of some annoying, even to the point of being childish and immature.

And that samsung jet still seems great value, although not my cup of tea.

(oh and if this is a scam and I don't get my phone it is hell of a lot easier to cause hassle in webworks down the road than in nigeria! :) )

(oh and if this is a scam and I don't get my phone it is hell of a lot easier to cause hassle in webworks down the road than in nigeria! :) )

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

awww.
    I put in a delivery if you will note my previous comment. I just find the attitude of some annoying, even to the point of being childish and immature.

:confused: Hypocrite..?

IrishIrish wrote: »
    :confused: Hypocrite..?

sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I ordered the Jet before lunch on Wed and when it hadn't arrived by 5pm today I rang the sales dept number on the website got through to a sound chap who advised that the phone will def be delivered on Fri.
    Will update when I get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

i just placed the order around 2pm, when Nokia e72 is still 199 euro, hopefully i can get it by Monday. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

So .. I think MaxRoam have probably learnt a few things from this thread.

1: They probably need to specify on the site "Prices are on a first come first served basis and subject to change" As far as I know their store hasn't been opened that long ( I could be wrong on that )

2: They may want to include "Limited stock" on their website as well or maybe they've had loads of stock and have just been completely overwhelmed by the demand on here. When you have to reorder you have to reorder at the price you can get.

3: Boards is a kind and cruel mistress :D .. I've seen happy / thrilled / pissed off people on here. The annoyed people seem to be those who didn't order the phone in time and who feel that a company changing their price is a rip off (points 1 and 2 would probably get rid of most complaints from people on here)

4: MaxRoam responded to the postage issue dropped it from 35 to 12ish ... I think (they mentioned its a new courier so I assume they've not really used them before so there may be teething issues) The Jet was available for 4ish hours at €99 and it seems like a good few people picked them up?

5: Seems like a good few people picked up the E72 at €199 .. it was at that price for a day or two with the new and reduced shipping price of €12 (I've already heard from people who have theirs and love it)

6: I have seen only one potentially genuine complaint on this thread and that was from someone who rang maxroam and was told the price would be still at was it €360 on friday when they got paid ?

PS: I didn't get the E72 at €199 ... and it was originally at €242 the same day as I started this thread

To those people who seem to have been soured by this experience with maxroam ... sorry to hear that I like the company and what they do .. hopefully this thread will have given them a few ideas for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

forbairt wrote: »
    So .. I think MaxRoam have probably learnt a few things from this thread.

1: They probably need to specify on the site "Prices are on a first come first served basis and subject to change" As far as I know their store hasn't been opened that long ( I could be wrong on that )

2: They may want to include "Limited stock" on their website as well or maybe they've had loads of stock and have just been completely overwhelmed by the demand on here. When you have to reorder you have to reorder at the price you can get.
    Yep.. two crucial points there definitely alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

My god, this thread is still going on!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

Has anyone received a phone yet today?
    Anybody who has received one today or yesterday, do they come by courier or by post?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

anyone any luck getting order yet

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

can ya use paypal to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

mono_mac wrote: »
    can ya use paypal to pay
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

update: got my jet this morning, its gold.Wtf T_T Sent by courier from D12 to here. Pretty much ordered by cubictel then forwarded here. Hope pat resolves this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

shuyin1 wrote: »
    update: got my jet this morning, its gold.Wtf T_T Sent by courier from D12 to here. Pretty much ordered by cubictel then forwarded here. Hope pat resolves this soon.

got mine as well this morning. havent checked the contents yet though.
    did you say it was gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

shuyin1 wrote: »

like this?

samsung-s8000-jet-black-gold-1.jpgsamsung-s8000-jet-black-gold-2.jpg

Update: just got a text to say the phones have been delivered \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

like this?

samsung-s8000-jet-black-gold-1.jpgsamsung-s8000-jet-black-gold-2.jpg

Update: just got a text to say the phones have been delivered \o/

Yup gold edition plastered all over it.Box was inside a brown envelope but its seals had been opened.No way of knowing till you open the envelope. Kinda dodgy already there but then I saw it was gold...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement