Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to you start a general Cultural Context question??

Options
  • 20-04-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

What do you put in the first and last paragraph??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

Hi there. From what I remember from last year I firstly defined what was meant by the cultural context and highlighting the aspects of it which I was going to explore throughout the essay. I also recall naming the 3 texts/film I studied in full giving the author. For the final paragraph I simply tied together all the points I made throughout the essay (never make a new point in your conclusion!). Hope that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

What I found helped hugely with the comparative as it's so vague and nobody seems to have any idea of what the comparative actually IS, is to get the code from a comparative essay in your edco exam papers and use that e-xamit website. That gives you a sample essay, which makes the essay so much easier to write, seeing as you actually know how it's supposed to be written... (if you don't have edco exam papers you can alternatively go into easons and just write down the code...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'd echo Nihilist21's suggestions.

You need to give a general statement/definition of what CC is
    Name your texts
    Outline your approach i.e. what are your headings/aspects of cc?
    Refer to the title/question asked.

e.g.

The three texts I chose for my comparative are set in different places, times and societies; X is a play by A, set in _______, while Y, directed by B, is set in___________ and my third text, Z, a novel by C has its setting in________. Despite their differences, I also encountered many similarities in the worlds of the texts when I examined them closely. All of the characters in these stories had to deal with aspects of society such as conflict, gender issues, religion and family.

Hope this helps:)

Advertisement