Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Capri New Carb. Rolling Road?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Right lads just wondering if anyone can reccommend anywhere in Dublin to get a rolling road session for the ford capri. She hasn't been running the best lately and ive been trying a good few things. I think the constant changing of temperatures is screwing with the automatic choke which seems to be comming on whenever it feels like it but rarely before havning your foot to the floor for a few minutes. It also seems to be randomly misfiring and loosing power in the few seconds of driving after start up. So i thought its about time to change the frankly s**** carb and manifold system for somethin more like this http://cgi.ebay.ie/WEBER-32-36-DGV-CARB-KIT-FORD-1-6-2-0-OHC-PINTO-NEW_W0QQitemZ200420978909QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2eaa0570dd

Anyway i'd want to do a good job on it and get it jetted correctly. Do you reckon one session in on a rolling road with someone who knew what they were doing would sort her for good or will this be an ongoing battle everytime the weather changes regardless of the new parts. And cost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'd phone McNamara's. I think they are just off the road that goes from The Custom House heading North heading for Croke Park direction (I'm from the REAL Capital, so Dublin's Street names are not my forte)

They are Weber agents and I got a Weber 32/36DGV there and they jetted it to what I wanted. IIRC, they had a rolling road, and some rather tasty metal in for work.

If you give them a shout, they'll probably supply and set it up as well.

Oh, by the way, the 32/36 DGV is a manual choke, and the DGAV is an auto choke version. I know the DGV is in production, but IIRC the DGAV is near impossible to find. If you are changing from a Ford VV carb, budget for a new inlet manifold as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

Ye i'd definately be going for the DGV manual choke. Feel like the auto choke had given nothing but trouble.

Didnt realise McNamaras had a rolling road. Rang them up before about supply and fitting a 32/36 DGV and manifold, they quoted me 400 for supply 200 for fitting and said they wouldn't need to do a rolling road since it doesnt need rejetting.

What im really looking to do is just fit the set up myself and put it on a rolling road to get optimum performance. I dont feel the timing and fuel mixture have ever been 100% so id really like to do a proper job on the thing and get everything working right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

interesting. My Cortina running a 2.8 cologne has a manual choke weber which runs very rich. Id buy a new one for it but how would I tell them what spec jets I want?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You can buy a carb. overhaul kit from Burtons. Seals, jets, gaskets, the works. Small coin too.

Give all around the unit a really good clean too. Carb cleaner and a toothbrush will work wonders.

For a standard carb. a rolling road is serious overkill.

Advertisement