Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda McCartney

Options
  • 20-04-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I've two parts to this question
    a) What do people think of Linda McCartney products and
    b) does anyone know why they are not being stocked in the supermarkets (in Galway anyway)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I find them too expensive. I think the cornish pasties are cheaper, but it's been ages since I've had them.
    Were you checking in Evergreen? I think they're pretty lackadaisical with their stocking. Often I'll start buying something in there and it'll soon disappear.
    They'd probably order some if you asked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

The Hain Celestial bought the Linda McCartney range in 2007 and has been re-launching it but got alot of negative feedback to changed recipes and increased price for a number of products.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Tootle

ztoical wrote: »
    The Hain Celestial bought the Linda McCartney range in 2007 and has been re-launching it but got alot of negative feedback to changed recipes and increased price for a number of products.

Aha! Thats why there was no reply when I inquired from the Linda McCartney website.

It was actually Dunnes and Supervalu who used to have them and cant get them in anymore. The thing I really liked were their sausages and the burgers were good for the bbq i.e. they dont fall apart

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I find them too expensive.

Sausage rolls are so cheap though, and much nicer than real ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Tootle wrote: »
    Aha! Thats why there was no reply when I inquired from the Linda McCartney website.

It was actually Dunnes and Supervalu who used to have them and cant get them in anymore. The thing I really liked were their sausages and the burgers were good for the bbq i.e. they dont fall apart

I've been finding the same thing lately, no where seems to be stocking them any more. And it's getting more and more difficult to find Pure Soya butter too. I can get the green one in Nourish, but I prefer the Blue one.
    They used to have it in nearly all SuperValu/Tesco/Dunnes all the time.

The Linda Mc stuff and Pure Butter (blue/organic one) are in SuperValu in Raheny (Dublin) but there's been no joy elsewhere. :confused:

• Advertisement

I emailed Hain Celestial yesterday re: Linda MCCartney stuff but no reply yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

It's interesting how there's no mention of Hain Celestial on the packaging for Linda McCartney products and that the Linda McCartney website is standalone rather than a part of the Hain Celestial Group.

Not quite as bad as Green and Blacks being owned by Cadburys who are now owned by Kraft. But now that I'm nearly vegan I don't have to worry about that anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I actually came to this forum 'cause I was wondering why I can't find Linda McCartney food anymore. Haven't been able to get anything in Tesco these last few weeks. :(
    I did think some of it was a little expensive though, yeah, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

You can get a selection of Linda McCartney's foods in Superquinn and in Dunnes also. I get the sausages and sausage rolls in Superquinn, they are really cheap - I think 2:50 each and sometimes they have deals on where you can mix and match them and it is...4 euro for two I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

You can get the sausages in the Super Valu's and as far as I know, Dunnes' as well, in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Eviecus wrote: »
    You can get a selection of Linda McCartney's foods in Superquinn and in Dunnes also. I get the sausages and sausage rolls in Superquinn, they are really cheap - I think 2:50 each and sometimes they have deals on where you can mix and match them and it is...4 euro for two I think.

When I lived in galway the sausage rolls were always 1.65 I think, I was in heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Problem I have with them is that some taste too much like meat, that puts me off, plus the price. Usually stick with Quorn that I make into meals myself.

Never really found them meaty myself, more 'weird really'. It's been a long time since I had them or any meat substitutes really though, so may forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I think they are all great, especially since they are the cheapest vegan alternative you can get.

They seem to be disappearing from the shops though, it's been a while since I've seen them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I've been finding the same thing lately, no where seems to be stocking them any more. And it's getting more and more difficult to find Pure Soya butter too. I can get the green one in Nourish, but I prefer the Blue one.
    They used to have it in nearly all SuperValu/Tesco/Dunnes all the time.

The Linda Mc stuff and Pure Butter (blue/organic one) are in SuperValu in Raheny (Dublin) but there's been no joy elsewhere. :confused:

All tescos stock Vitalite, which is vegan and delicious

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I find the lasagna really bland, i dislike the texture of the 'mince', but the sausage rolls are amazing! The sausages can be quite dry too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

For some reason her sausages always tasted like salmon to me! :eek: I was so put off them I haven't tried anything else. I don't really eat a lot of meat substitutes but might try those sausage rolls!

I spied the sausage rolls in Evergreen on Mainguard Street in Galway today for €2.55. They also had the veggie burgers which were €1.56 and some kind of Thai green curry which I didn't see a price for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Donnie, everything is cheaper at the Evergreen beside the Tescos on the far side of Galway town! I remember paying €1.65 for sausage rolls there. Such a steal could not be missed.

Yeah, I usually go there if I can but Mainguard St. is my nearest these days. I never actually buy the sausage rolls though, just thought I'd post here saying they were there as the OP mentioned having difficulty finding them in Galway.
    I'm curious now as to whether they'd be cheaper on the Headford Road! Will check next time. Evergreen are quite devious merchants, really.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, selling out of date products for half-price (inc. sunflower spread) just seems so wrong! No more off-topic rambling from me now... Thanks for helping the OP on your travels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Spotted them back on the shelves of my local SuperQuinn a couple of days ago - €1.89.

Thanks, I neeeds to find me some. Never see any around dublin.

Was out in town earlier saw some linda mc cartney sausage rolls in Down To Earth, George's St. €3.60. Also saw "Gits Matar Paneer" in the Asian Supermarket on Drury St (in the section with the dried kidney beans etc at the back of the store). Wondered if any of you paneer lovers had tried it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Was out in town earlier saw some linda mc cartney sausage rolls in Down To Earth, George's St. €3.60. ...

in that shop the assistants are only short of wearing a balaclava and a stripy t-shirt before robbing you.

Sure, it's a bit more expensive than your local, but they are centre of town and it is a big premises with lots of choice. Like anywhere, they may also have some high priced items - just don't buy them! I really appreciate their wide selection anyhow, some stuff you just can't find in other health food stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Sure, it's a bit more expensive than your local, but they are centre of town and it is a big premises with lots of choice. Like anywhere, they may also have some high priced items - just don't buy them! I really appreciate their wide selection anyhow, some stuff you just can't find in other health food stores.

All true but I found they are significantly more expensive on fairly widely available products. As you say, I just don't buy those products there but I feel I'm being ripped off when I do buy products I can't compare prices on.
    When that shop opened first it was twice the size it is now... they bravely tried to establish a "Health Food Supermarket" but Dublin wasn't ready. I don't think it is yet! Isn't it owned and run by Colin Farrell's Da?

Isn't it owned and run by Colin Farrell's Da?
    lol, first i've heard of that. anyone else hear this? am curious now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Yeah, I usually see Kombucha for €3 in Dunnes but wait till it's on BOGOF there or Centra. In Down To Earth last year, they had it for......€8.40!:eek:

I'm not surprised the bottles looked dusty. Yeah, I take the point about high rents and large enough range but still...

• Advertisement

taram wrote: »
    Problem I have with them is that some taste too much like meat, that puts me off, plus the price. Usually stick with Quorn that I make into meals myself.

Unfortunately I cant tolerate Quorn products. Not sure if its cause they have wheat, dunno but Lindas were the only products I liked. Also I'm a crap cook so I have to look for meat substitutes.

Advertisement