Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fizik spine concept

• 20-04-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Oh my just looked at the fizik site and saw this.If I only knew this about 2 years ago.I have a arione and a aliante,according to the site I should have antares.:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

That's pretty cool. I am a Bull alright - I have been comfortably riding an aliante and a new arione is resulting in some "numbness" so I bought a second aliante.

Pretty cool info, shame they dress it up in some bizzare marketing ("find the animal in you"?) and annoying animations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What a terrible website.

BostonB wrote: »
    What a terrible website.

Yup all style, no substance. I mean could they not have explained their whole concept without resorting to bull? (and chameleon and snake).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

horizon26 wrote: »
    Oh my just looked at the fizik site and saw this.If I only knew this about 2 years ago.I have a arione and a aliante,according to the site I should have antares.:mad::mad::mad:

My current saddle a selle italia has a small tear that has got worse and worse and is fit for the bin.

Rather than buying a new saddle I decided to try the arione again.I have just got back from a 24 mile spin and was very pleasantly surprised.

The arione felt brilliant really comfortable,its a much longer saddle than the selle italia.I am a very happy man tonight,and I might save myself some money.

According to the fizik site I should be using the antares.I'll not complain though, its still a bit early to really know if this is the saddle for me.But its promising,very promising.

The last time I used the arione I had a bad experience.The little fella was so numb after I swore I would never use it again.That was about 2 years ago and tonight was the first time since then that I used it.

I am still a bit weary of the arione,before my other saddle got damaged I would never ever have used this saddle again.Sometimes is so nice to be surprised,I am really quite contented tonight.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

That site is actually good when you get to the meat of it, like I said. My spine isn't the most flexible, when I try and touch my toes I look like the chap in the "Bull" image. They say that this results in your weight being forward of the sitbones, crushing your nads. So far, all true in my Arione experience and I have just replaced it with another aliante which, as the site recomments, props up my sit bones and relieves pressure on the more delicate area.

I may hang onto the Arione though, it's fine for anything up to 100km and I'm thinking of using it for racing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

That site is actually good when you get to the meat of it, like I said. My spine isn't the most flexible, when I try and touch my toes I look like the chap in the "Bull" image. They say that this results in your weight being forward of the sit bones, crushing your dads. So far, all true in my Arione experience and I have just replaced it with another aliante which, as the site recomments, props up my sit bones and relieves pressure on the more delicate area.

I may hang onto the Arione though, it's fine for anything up to 100km and I'm thinking of using it for racing.

I can touch my toes by bending at the waist no problem,but my legs will have to bend a little.My spine is flexible,at least I think it is?My spine is under no pressure at all.

Does this make me a snake or am I a chameleon?I'm not sure spine flexibillity is no problem.If I keep my legs straight I can still touch my toes my spine is still not under any pressure,but my legs are under a little.

I am not a very fit man,when I am fit I would have no problem with touching my toes.I am answering my own question,I am a snake I thought I was a chameleon.The arione is the right saddle for me I just didn't know it until now.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    That site is actually good when you get to the meat of it, like I said.

Agreed, but there's far too much fancy animation and other fluff to get through first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

Chamelion, snake, It all sounds like total bull sh*t, to me.:D
    I agree, the aliante is a super comfortable saddle. The only problem is, you always end up sitting in the same spot, ie no sliding to the rear on a climb, or sliding forward while spinning.

I can touch the floor with my palms of my hands easily, so I guess Im a snake.

I also have a specalized toupe, the bare seat pin is more comfortable than that, I would like to swap the toupe size 143 black in colour, for an arione:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Chamelion, snake, It all sounds like total bull sh*t, to me.:D
    I agree, the aliante is a super comfortable saddle. The only problem is, you always end up sitting in the same spot, ie no sliding to the rear on a climb, or sliding forward while spinning.

I can touch the floor with my palms of my hands easily, so I guess Im a snake.

I also have a specalized toupe, the bare seat pin is more comfortable than that, I would like to swap the toupe size 143 black in colour, for an arione:P

You know, that might be something I'm interested in... I have an Arione, which is possibly a little narrow for me and hear that the toupe is a mighty comfy saddle (your experience aside)... swapsies may well work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

You know, that might be something I'm interested in... I have an Arione, which is possibly a little narrow for me and hear that the toupe is a mighty comfy saddle (your experience aside)... swapsies may well work?

Yeah,
    That sounds good. Im keen to try an Airone. Have you used the Airone much? I only used The Toupe once. It caused me so much pain, I felt like setting fire to it in the back yard:D Im Glad I didn't now:P

PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement