Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony vaio vs samsung

Options
  • 20-04-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

im going to buy a laptop but i cant choose which to pick or is there a better one out there

i will be using it mostly for youtube, video editing, cd and usb file transfers, and other media entertainment

the main thing i want in my laptop is a good proseser, good grafics card, 3 usb ports minimum

the two laptops ive picked out are the sony vaio cw series with blu-ray and the samsung r780 but is there somthing more i need

features:

sony vaio
    sony_vaio_cw_core_i3_i5.jpg

intel dual core i3-330m (2.13ghz)
    4gb (ram) ddr3
    500gb hardrive
    nvidia geforce gt (512mb grapics card)
    dvd & cd read/write with blu-ray playback
    802.11 b/g/n (wi-fi)
    0.3mp (camera and mic)
    windows 7 priemuim
    multi card reader
    3 usb port
    fire ware
    hdmi
    bluetooth
    €900

samsung r780
    Samsung_R-series_notebooks.jpg

intel dual core i3-330m (2.13ghz)
    4gb (ram) ddr3
    500gb hardrive
    nvidia geforce gt (1gb grapics card)
    multi format dual layer (cd/dvd drive)
    802.11 b/g/n (wi-fi)
    0.3mp (camera and mic)
    windows 7 priemuim
    4 usb port
    hdmi
    bluetooth
    3d surround sound
    €630

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stephen_mch

Both of those laptops seem perfect for what you'd be using it for from what i can see. Upgrading to a core i5 might be helpful but i'm not sure if it would be necessary. Out of those two i'd pick the samsung unless blu rays important to you. Out of interest where did you come across that samsung because that seems like a great price?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That sony seems over priced to me, i'd be expecting an i5 for that money. Do you know what the specs of those graphics cards are?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

i found the samsung oin the argos catologe and i dont have a clue bout the graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Button_y

I had considered a samsung or sony vaio but a lot of the reviews say both screens are very disappointing. What size screens are these? I have seen the sony vaio i5 for cheaper than the i3 you have there with everything else the same. I will try and find the link for you.

Advertisement