Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordering from Schuh website?

• 20-04-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the average length of time for shoe delivery off the UK site is? I'm still waiting for a pair of shoes, I paid on Apr 4th but haevn't even heard a peep since! Emailed last Fri to enquire about the whereabouts of my shoes as I was expecting them long before this!Still haven't heard anything! Am I supposed to be waiting this long?

Half thinking I'll lodge a complaint with Paypal tomorrow if I still hear nothing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Am, heard about the giant volcano ash cloud no? :rolleyes: As you can imagine it is slowing deliveries down considerably.

I ordered shoes and had them within a week, but again, this was prior to apocalyptic ash cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

When I bought off them they used UPS and took 48 hours from my confirmation of shipping email that they sent.

Find a contact number on the website and ring them maybe? Not much paypal can do for you at the moment until you try all avenues of contacting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Spadina: Yes, aware of volcanic ash BUT I'd imagine I should still have had them despatched before all of this mayhem started.... Flights have been grounded since Thur/Fri? I ordered them 10 or 11 days previous, even accounting for the Bank Hol Monday I should still have heard something. I emailed last Friday so if they are delayed due to the volcano I at least deserve a reply?!

Creamy: There is an option on the complaints section for paypal for 'haven't received goods'. I'd rather my money back at this rate if I don't get to wear the shoes soon! Ordered them for a particular occasion!

When I bought off them they used UPS and took 48 hours from my confirmation of shipping email that they sent.

Find a contact number on the website and ring them maybe? Not much paypal can do for you at the moment until you try all avenues of contacting them.
    Also have not received any confirmation of shipping - just the email to say I've paid for the goods! That's why I'm so lost with things - otherwise I'd assume the volcano had just delayed things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Does your stuff have to be missing for 30 days before you can claim? Someone I ordered from told me that but it could've been lies. I'd say if you don't hear from shcuh go ahead with refund, they should've contacted you really, esp as shoes are often bought for particular occasions. I know that Asos offered my friend a 10% discount on her next order because of volcano delay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Schuh is generally 5-7 days until delivery .... sometimes even 3 I've ordered a mountain of shoes off them over the past year, I ordered last week on Thursday & they arrived today, even tho they weren't marked as dispatched. They don't seem to issue any confirmation of dispatch or tracking number anymore.

Now they are divils for letting you buy & pay for stuff & then telling you it's not available for dispatch & refunding you & offering you a 10% discount.

Your waiting too long & not getting a reply which is the new norm for Schuh I have noticed so open a pay-pal dispute & state that you have tried to make contact with the seller but got no response & feel you have been waiting too long, state how long you are willing to give the seller to reply before you escalate it to a claim, if they don't reply then escalate the pay-pal dispute to a claim, no doubt pay-pal will make the decision in your favour then.

I had the exact same problem with Office & I got a full refund of what I paid including postage within a week after doing that.

Ohhh and make sure you tell pay-pal that your item has not been marked as dispatched & have received no confirmation of dispatch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

With Paypal you can open a dispute and then escalate to a claim straight away , Paypal will contact Schuh to get proof of postage ( ie Tracking Number ) if the don't provide it to Paypal or answer Paypal send another note then if there is no proof they find in your favour and you get full money paid back.

Make sure to list the fact you tried to contact Schuh and there shipping time ie 5-7 days or whatever it is , then let them ( Paypal ) do the work for you.

It is more likely the ash cloud holding it up but they should still have a tracking number as the UPS van collecting the package isn't blocked by ash clouds and the tracking number exists from the minute the customer hands over the package to UPS.

Schuh is generally 5-7 days until delivery .... sometimes even 3 I've ordered a mountain of shoes off them over the past year, I ordered last week on Thursday & they arrived today, even tho they weren't marked as dispatched. They don't seem to issue any confirmation of dispatch or tracking number anymore.

Now they are divils for letting you buy & pay for stuff & then telling you it's not available for dispatch & refunding you & offering you a 10% discount.

Your waiting too long & not getting a reply which is the new norm for Schuh I have noticed so open a pay-pal dispute & state that you have tried to make contact with the seller but got no response & feel you have been waiting too long, state how long you are willing to give the seller to reply before you escalate it to a claim, if they don't reply then escalate the pay-pal dispute to a claim, no doubt pay-pal will make the decision in your favour then.

I had the exact same problem with Office & I got a full refund of what I paid including postage within a week after doing that.

Ohhh and make sure you tell pay-pal that your item has not been marked as dispatched & have received no confirmation of dispatch!
    Thanks very much. Will do it right away as was hoping I'd hear something today but didn't, and I assigned Wednesday as my complaint day if I'd heard nothing! Thanks for replies, v helpful xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have bought about four pairs of shoes of the Schuh and each time they have been delivered in less than a week. I think maybe because of the ash cloud it could be delayed delivary which is understandable. The best thing to do would be to ring them, I'm pretty sure the number is on the website.

Advertisement