Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In tesco, 2 pack avent 260ml hardwearing bottles with size 2 teats now 3.45, were 11 euro. Most big stores will have them but them may not be out on sale as they came in for a special offer a while ago. Also avent manual breast pump 10.45, was 30 euro. Pinkish box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

That's great value for the bottles, I've lost the lids for most of mine (I'd swear they grow legs!) so it looks like it'd be as cheap to replace the bottle as the lids.

Not a reduced price, but for those who tend to use Huggies wipes, I recently tried the Tesco equivalent and not only are they of very similar quality/thickness, much easier to take out of the pack without 10 wipes coming at once, but they're also a lot cheaper:

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Tesco Baby Ultrasoftfrag Free Wipes Quattro 4*64 = €3.69 for a pack of 4 x 64 pack wipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Not a reduced price, but for those who tend to use Huggies wipes, I recently tried the Tesco equivalent and not only are they of very similar quality/thickness, much easier to take out of the pack without 10 wipes coming at once, but they're also a lot cheaper:

Tesco Baby Ultrasoftfrag Free Wipes Quattro 4*64 = €3.69 for a pack of 4 x 64 pack wipes

Oh, might give them a try! I'm a big fan of the Huggies wipes, but they can be a pain in the ass to get out single-handed.

At that price though, there's not much difference between them and the Huggies on offer (4 packs for €4) I always get them in Dunnes, maybe it's just my local one, but they nearly always have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Those tesco wipes are brill Johnsons onlydo56 now where as tescos do 64 I think huggies r crap

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

I got a megabox of pampers baby dry size 5 in supervalue for €16 yesterday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok- Huggies wipes reduced from 1.70 to 1.30, and you can also use a 50c off coupon (that they conveniently have on the shelf with the huggies wipes), bringing the price down to 80c a pack. Boots. The 1.30 a pack is valid till 18th August the 50c a pack off is valid till 1st of Sept. Note- you can only use 1 50c voucher per transaction- I bought 24 packs of wipes- and had to do 24 separate purchases at the cash desk- the cashier thought it was very funny......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

smccarrick wrote: »
    Ok- Huggies wipes reduced from 1.70 to 1.30, and you can also use a 50c off coupon (that they conveniently have on the shelf with the huggies wipes), bringing the price down to 80c a pack. Boots. The 1.30 a pack is valid till 18th August the 50c a pack off is valid till 1st of Sept. Note- you can only use 1 50c voucher per transaction- I bought 24 packs of wipes- and had to do 24 separate purchases at the cash desk- the cashier thought it was very funny......

You're going to be in the Cries of Retail thread in Ranting and Raving for that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lidl are selling mickey mouse baby clothing half price at the moment

see here

supervalu have huggies wipes on special at the moment

rsz_193504_4093548348494_1159941478_o.jpg

that was taken in pettits in gorey by the way, yesterday

• Advertisement

Am..... the quad pack is €6.49 in Tesco always, sometimes its €4 in Dunnes.

But keep up the good work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

SuperValu are selling tins of Todder (3+ with the green lid) SMA for €8.50 this week.

218058.jpg

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Am..... the quad pack is €6.49 in Tesco always, sometimes its €4 in Dunnes.

But keep up the good work!

€3.20 in Boots at the moment. (this is a 4 pack of Huggies Green Natural wipes)

SuperValu are selling tins of Todder (3+ with the green lid) SMA for €8.50 this week.

218058.jpg

Tesco are matching the SuperValu price now, and Cost Cutter doing better with a price of €8.00

Thats a great price compared to €10.49 for Aptamil.

Thats a great price compared to €10.49 for Aptamil.

Use some of the Aptamil vouchers- reminds me, I have to ring them and ask for more......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

What are the Aptimal vouchers and where do I get them?
    Feels like I'm feeding a monster the amount of formula I go through!

kildareash wrote: »
    What are the Aptimal vouchers and where do I get them?
    Feels like I'm feeding a monster the amount of formula I go through!

We have 3 toddlers drinking the stuff, a can a week at times.

I rang customer services with a query (to do with the little bottles) and a load of questions- and received a sample box in the post, along with an envelope full of 1 Euro and £1 off vouchers. When they were 8.99 in Superquinn before they reduced the baby aisle- I loaded up- and still have 4 boxes left. I also loaded up on the tins when they were available (can't seem to find them anywhere anymore?- the 1.8Kg tins?) and got them at 11.99.

The Aptamil does seem to be ridiculously expensive- was just in Tesco Maynooth- 3.49 for a 1 litre carton of Aptamil Stage 2- fecking hell...... (Stage 1 is a Euro cheaper- still ripoff, but not as bad). Using the 1 Euro vouchers on cartons (it didn't specify on the voucher what it could or couldn't be used on) brought it down to 1.99 and 2.49 (or with the 2 for 4.50 offer- 2 for 2.50, which is almost akin to the price of cows milk........

They know me well (and by name) in Tesco :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Huggies Pure (cream packet) BOGOF in Tesco

Also, Argos are doing a big baby event at the moment too, some carseats are 50% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Supervalu and dunnes both have baby events
    Supervalu have Pampers for €13/€13.50 for activefit/ baby dry, johnsons gentle cleansing and extra sensitive 5 for €5.
    Zulily.co.uk have some good Amazons slings on offer.

Made my first purchase from zulily the other day. Great site.

January wrote: »
    Made my first purchase from zulily the other day. Great site.

I'm an addict... it's great for unusual baby presentsand nursing bras!

Bob the builder figurines reduced to 1 Euro for a pack of two (i.e. Bob and that character with a head that looks like a pumpkin)
    Tesco Tallaght and Tesco Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Bob the builder figurines reduced to 1 Euro for a pack of two (i.e. Bob and that character with a head that looks like a pumpkin)

Awww there was a time I'd gave shrieked at that news, but he's all Ben 10 and power rangers now :(:D

• Advertisement

Got these in Tesco:

Theses new stuff in the nursery section so loads of the older stuff is reduced.

loads of these for €1.50 each

http://www.lamazetoys.co.uk/lamaze-f...ly-toy-8-p.asp

http://www.lamazetoys.co.uk/lamaze-m...y-set-66-p.asp

http://www.lamazetoys.co.uk/lamaze-l...t-toy-65-p.asp

Brilliant guys. I hope this is nationwide, will keep my two v happy. Lamaze stuff is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

tesco doing the pampers mega boxes half price @ €17.49 offer ends 11/09/12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Dunnes have Huggies pure wipes (the cream ones) 4-pack for 4 Euro.
    And Aptamil Follow-Up stage 3 for 9 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stars123

Hi there, I am looking for an american style "anywhere chair" for kids. Does anyone know where i could locate one in Ireland as the shipping and tax costs make it very expensive.

• Advertisement

Tesco have 2 different 6 packs of pampers wipes for 4.99 each (their 12 pack which is in the 'baby event' is 12 euro, and is flying off the shelves, I despair of people's math skills........)

I shop with my calc when it comes to wipes and nappies!

They are the same value!

The 6 pack is 6 x 56 wipes = 336 ~ 4.99 / 336 = 1.5 cent per wipe
    The 12 pack is 12 x 64 = 768 ~ 12.00 / 768 = 1.56 per wipe

Its a few months since I bought the €12 box, I presume each pack still has 64 in it, they could have reduced it to 56 since then.

I shop with my calc when it comes to wipes and nappies!

They are the same value!

The 6 pack is 6 x 56 wipes = 336 ~ 4.99 / 336 = 1.5 cent per wipe
    The 12 pack is 12 x 64 = 768 ~ 12.00 / 768 = 1.56 per wipe

Its a few months since I bought the €12 box, I presume each pack still has 64 in it, they could have reduced it to 56 since then.

They've actually gone the opposite direction- the 6 packs have been upgraded to 64 packs- both the 12 pack box and the 6 pack bag are 64 pack wipes. The outside of the 6 pack expressly states 6 * 64 pack = 384 wipes :) This is approx 1.3c a wipe- versus 1.5625c if you buy the 12 pack box.:D

I'm delighted to see I'm not the only mad one who stands in the supermarket aisles with the phone out calculating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I saw a great deal in Dunnes today - Huggies Super Dry nappies, the big box super maxi I think (size 4 - 120) for €13!

They've actually gone the opposite direction- the 6 packs have been upgraded to 64 packs- both the 12 pack box and the 6 pack bag are 64 pack wipes. The outside of the 6 pack expressly states 6 * 64 pack = 384 wipes :) This is approx 1.3c a wipe- versus 1.5625c if you buy the 12 pack box.:D

My bad, the sensitive are 336 wipes and the normal are 6x64.
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

My bad, the sensitive are 336 wipes and the normal are 6x64.
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Curiously- the sensitive are 6.49 a 6 pack- so there are fewer of them, and they cost more per 6 pack too........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Got these in Tesco:

Theses new stuff in the nursery section so loads of the older stuff is reduced.

and this for €18

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/br...products/63369

Anyone know if any stores in Dublin or Kildare have any of these left?

Curiously- the sensitive are 6.49 a 6 pack- so there are fewer of them, and they cost more per 6 pack too........

No wonder all the green packs are sold out!

dunnes have the tommy tippee thermometer soother and thermometer half price at the moment. €15 from €30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Found them as good as lidl ones. Dunnes have the super maxi box for 13euro was over 100 in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Lidl are doing potty seats, toilet inserts and sink steps today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

just a comment on this. was at one of their stores this morning @ 9. when i got to the big trays where the baby stuff was being sold it was bedlam, one woman had taken up the section and the only thing she was short of doing was taking up the whole tray of baby clothes and bringing it to the check out :eek:. no one else could get near it. i managed to get a few things into shopping basket and at one stage i thought they were going to be pinched as i tried to look at other stuff. only solution was a quick exit with the stuff i managed to grab. vultures i tell ya, pure vultures :eek::eek:

If it was the Clonee one we just missed each other!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jaysus the Ashbourne one is nice and peaceful, been in it for 2 of the baby events.

January wrote: »
    If it was the Clonee one we just missed each other!
    nope, one in parnell st. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Future Baby

Came across this today, thought some of ye might be interested in it.
    Celebrate Grandparents Day this year with a gift of a Generations Portrait Session from the Photographers of the IPPA.

Click here for to download the voucher, http://www.irishphotographers.com/uploads/GrandParents%20Day%202012.pdf

check here http://www.irishphotographers.com/grandparents.php to see the list of participating members on the right for your nearest photographer.

• Advertisement

zulily.co.uk have an Extravanganza sale on today

Advertisement