Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭minibear

This post has been deleted.

Same here, they have a horrible rough ridge on the inside of the back and front of the nappy and we've had a lot of leaks with them, very disappointed. I wondered was it just the big box that were dodgy and was going to buy the carry pack last night in Tesco but to be honest i was afraid they'd be the same. I can't bring myself to throw them out and in fairness the ridge hasn't ever left a mark on her but i'm just using them up during the day now when i know they won't be on her for long. After that i won't be chancing Huggies again.

So i bought the Tesco own brand ones which i've used a few weeks ago and had no problems with. They work out at 12.3c per nappy so the same as the Lidl price. (these are for the midi size)

Haven't tried the Aldi nappies yet so i can't comment on those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

January wrote: »
    If it was the Clonee one we just missed each other!

Well I just missed you there! Went up after the school run, got the muslins I wanted but didn't see much in the way of sleep suits and vests at all - though I have all I need currently so I wasn't really looking for any.

I've a big stock of Pampers newborns from the recent Boots sale, but have been hearing great things about the Aldi nappies so going to give them a go after the Pampers. We swapped to their pull-ups for our older ones (they were already potty trained but we needed them for bedtimes until they became dry at night) and found them brilliant and better value than the huggies or pampers pullups. No problems with them wearing them for a full 12hrs of sleeping either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

argos have 3 for 2 on kids toys.

boots nappies or huggies in the brown bag are the only ones that we have found consistantly brilliant:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I find the Huggies fine for daytime use but I never put them on him at night... tbh I find the Aldi nappies great for nighttime.. they rarely leak..

Those or Pampers Baby Dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

minibear wrote: »
    Same here, they have a horrible rough ridge on the inside of the back and front of the nappy and we've had a lot of leaks with them, very disappointed. I wondered was it just the big box that were dodgy and was going to buy the carry pack last night in Tesco but to be honest i was afraid they'd be the same. I can't bring myself to throw them out and in fairness the ridge hasn't ever left a mark on her but i'm just using them up during the day now when i know they won't be on her for long. After that i won't be chancing Huggies again.

So i bought the Tesco own brand ones which i've used a few weeks ago and had no problems with. They work out at 12.3c per nappy so the same as the Lidl price. (these are for the midi size)

Haven't tried the Aldi nappies yet so i can't comment on those.

i use aldi nappies was kinda worried buying them as all i use is pamepers but they are just the same as them brilliant and 6.99 for double pack i would recommened them!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Oh lovely looking little lined cardigans in Lidl there, thanks for the link Cpt. No comment on the baby velour trackies though >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Tescos are doing special offers on boxes of pampers,1/3rd of or t least were yesterday when i was in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That's just the Mega packs for half price as usual around Children's allowance day.

Time to stock up on the €12 box of Pampers wipes even though, I dont really like them. Offers on baby stuff disappear for November and Dec and return in Jan.

Its like the supermarkets run out of money to reduce anything.
    Then Christmas week, they put up the normal price of everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That's an interesting theory wmpdd3. I'll stock up on more huggies wipes just in case

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Superquinn price matching Tesco on Pampers nappies and wipes. Mega boxes of Nappies in little stacks between the aisles (not sure that they formally stock the mega boxes at all any more). Same types as Tesco- aka Size 3 and 4, Baby Dry not Active. Same 12 for 12 on Pampers wipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Centra are doing a box of pampers baby dry with a free pack of Sensitive wipes for 13 euro. Worked out at 26 euro for 2 packs of wipes , 132 nappies( size 5) good deal considering tesco have a box at "half price" 17.49

tweety76 wrote: »
    Centra are doing a box of pampers baby dry with a free pack of Sensitive wipes for 13 euro. Worked out at 26 euro for 2 packs of wipes , 132 nappies( size 5) good deal considering tesco have a box at "half price" 17.49

The Tesco Pampers box @ half price- is the 'Mega' box with 112 nappies in it (in the size 4 box anyhow)- not the smaller 68 nappy 'Jumbo' box on special in Centra. You're not comparing like with like.

Superquinn now pricematching the Centra offer on Jumbo boxes, and the Tesco offer on Mega boxes.

Note- Tesco Maynooth out of Pampers Mega boxes, but Lucan, Celbridge and Naas still have them (as do Superquinn).

What other stores do a jumbo box of Simply Dry? Tesco is sold out of them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

smccarrick wrote: »
    The Tesco Pampers box @ half price- is the 'Mega' box with 112 nappies in it (in the size 4 box anyhow)- not the smaller 68 nappy 'Jumbo' box on special in Centra. You're not comparing like with like.

Superquinn now pricematching the Centra offer on Jumbo boxes, and the Tesco offer on Mega boxes.

Note- Tesco Maynooth out of Pampers Mega boxes, but Lucan, Celbridge and Naas still have them (as do Superquinn).
    there were plenty of the mega boxes in tesco's roselawn the other day. got us 2 of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Never thought I'd say this but here goes:
    That's the coolest draft excluder ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

It is the same box for the size 5 nappies 66 nappies per box. The smaller size nappies contain more per box....so maybe only good value if you are buying size 5, 5+ or 6

The Pampers Jumbo box size 5 is 66 nappies.

The Pampers Mega box size 5 is 96 nappies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You really have to get out the calculator/phone when buying nappies. The different types and sizes would wreck your head. The only way to know that you're getting good value is to work out the price per nappy.

In Tesco at the moment- the difference in price between Jumbo and Mega boxes- is only 99c...........

• Advertisement

And still people look at me as if I'm trying to sell Airtricity, when I tell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Don't know if I'm the last person to find this out but does everyone know that there is a Tesco baby club? After numerous trips to numerous different Tesco stores I was finally told about this today :) anyway you can register online for it and the lady said every few months they send out a magazine with vouchers/coupons :)

Yeah, its used to be great, loads of money off, but the last few mailings I kept getting 'free mobile sim card' and €10 off your first order online. I already shop online.

The other day I used about 8 vouchers in one go and got about 800 extra points.

From Tuesday in Tesco, Huggies 9 pk natuals wipes box will be €10.00.

ln2989_1?&$dw_large_mc$

Not as good as Dunnes, 4 pks for €4, but my local Dunnes doesnt have that offer.

Also the Huggies Big Pack will be €10 also, but I think I say that size in Dunnes, Friday for €8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

http://www.dealrush.ie/deal.php?vxaf...02&src=vendexo

I got these today for anyone who is interested.

Only under 1's are free.

IN Tesco:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medela-Single-Mini-Electric-Breastpump/dp/B000LP1G98/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1350511599&sr=1-1

Medela Mini Half price at €39.98

11 of them in Waterford

Also

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Duplo-Play-with-Numbers-5497-!104976-prd.aspx

This is €14.99, only €5 less but with Duplo thats doing well, my 2 year old loves her Lego!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Great price for the Medela! Think I'll be investing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

This is the best toddler/baby toy ever
    vtech walker
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002MG6ZE/ref=pe_248031_32648641_pe_epc_dt2
    and for 15 pounds great value

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Any Pampers offers at the moment? Running dangerously low. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Moonbeam wrote: »
    This is the best toddler/baby toy ever
    vtech walker
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002MG6ZE/ref=pe_248031_32648641_pe_epc_dt2
    and for 15 pounds great value

Delighted u said its good - I got it today - it's on offer in smyths for 19.99!

dahamsta wrote: »
    Any Pampers offers at the moment? Running dangerously low. :)

The usual Mega box is €17.49 in Tesco for the next 2 weeks, the Babydry ecconomy pack is €10.

Huggies big box (jumbo box) is €10

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AnnieBur

Hi all,
    The website achica.com is selling StorkSac changing bags for up to 47% off if anyone's interested
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Heard rumblings that the Argos 3 for 2 on all toys is starting back on Friday but don't know for how long.

Perfect for Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

January wrote: »
    Heard rumblings that the Argos 3 for 2 on all toys is starting back on Friday but don't know for how long.

Perfect for Christmas!

I got stuff in tesco at weekend 3 for 2, even sale stuff. Got Peppa pig tea set only 7.50 and the doctor set for 7.50 then got something else free :-D so only really 5 each

Any offers for SMA Red tin or Simply dry around?

Getting low on my stash.

Also Lidl are doing a bag with 4 pack of their wipes and a dispencer tub for €4.80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

3 for 2 on all toys in argos until 13/11/12.
    Ill be gettin alot of my pressies this weekend.

On a similar vein, a tenner off when you spend E50 in Smyths this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

On a similar vein, a tenner off when you spend E50 in Smyths this weekend.
    Do you need a voucher ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The usual Mega box is €17.49 in Tesco for the next 2 weeks, the Babydry ecconomy pack is €10.

Huggies big box (jumbo box) is €10

I went to my local tesco in Drogheda and the Mega box wasn't on sale. Just the jumbo boxes.....

There should have been a pallet of them at the front door? did you ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Any offers for SMA Red tin or Simply dry around?

Getting low on my stash.

Also Lidl are doing a bag with 4 pack of their wipes and a dispencer tub for €4.80

I think Dunnes are doing it for €8.00, certainly the Green tin in €8 for the next week or so, got a few today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Suucee wrote: »
    3 for 2 on all toys in argos until 13/11/12.
    Ill be gettin alot of my pressies this weekend.

Also when you spend 50€ you get €5 off and when you spend €100 you get €10 off.

Edit: Not anymore :(

There should have been a pallet of them at the front door? did you ask?

I think it was limited stock in all branches this time. Maynooth, Celbridge and Lucan are out- I got a few boxes to tide us over to the new year and was looking for some of the Active Fit- but the shelves are all bare. No pallets at the doors by the way in any branches I've been in- toilet paper, sweets and King Crisps- by the pallet- but not nappies.......

Looking for reasonably priced Aptamil btw- anyone know where it might be on special. I'd even settle for the 1litre cartons @ 2 for 4.50 if I could find them somewhere- but 12.50 for the box of powder is taking the p1ss

I think it was limited stock in all branches this time. Maynooth, Celbridge and Lucan are out- I got a few boxes to tide us over to the new year and was looking for some of the Active Fit- but the shelves are all bare. No pallets at the doors by the way in any branches I've been in- toilet paper, sweets and King Crisps- by the pallet- but not nappies.......

Looking for reasonably priced Aptamil btw- anyone know where it might be on special. I'd even settle for the 1litre cartons @ 2 for 4.50 if I could find them somewhere- but 12.50 for the box of powder is taking the p1ss
    Is it the number 1 Aptamil? If so you will NEVER get it on offer or any of the other newborn formula's! Its so annoying! Every other stage formulas are always on special offer. I thought It was just my bad timing until I read somewhere(not sure if it was on here or somewhere else)about some EU Regulation that they can't promote the newborn formulas as they have to promote breast feeding! You're probably not even looking for the number one and I've just had a big rant :D ha ha, if so, sorry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Gee_G wrote: »
    I thought It was just my bad timing until I read somewhere(not sure if it was on here or somewhere else)about some EU Regulation that they can't promote the newborn formulas as they have to promote breast feeding!

It's the World Health Organisation Code of Ethical marketing of breast milk substitutes.
    First artificial milk legally isn't allowed to be promoted/ advertised. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

And rightly so.

liliq wrote: »

It's the World Health Organisation Code of Ethical marketing of breast milk substitutes.
    First artificial milk legally isn't allowed to be promoted/ advertised. :)[/Quote

I think it's a bit ridiculous personally. I really did think that it was just bad timing when I went to all the baby and toddler eVents :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Superquinn are matching Tesco on the Pampers Mega boxes @ 17.50.

Code SQSWLP1 gives €20 off online shop of > €80 unitl tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement