Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

SMA red lid €8 and Pampers mega box €17.40 in Dunnes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Argos have a sale on baby items at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Sale on in Mothercare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

lmullen wrote: »
    Sale on in Mothercare!

half price according to the radio! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm just back from Mothercare - I purposely went to one further away as it is bigger but I wasn't super impressed tbh, there were sale signs everywhere but no actual sale section -- everything was in its normal place and only the odd thing was on sale so you had to have a good look at everthing. I was expecting more. Maybe it was just the things I needed to get but I was wandering for ages not really seeing much that I needed/wanted that was actually on sale. Maybe the clothes for older kids might have more off? I was only looking at the new baby stuff.

I did buy a breast pump (a tommee tippee one) as it had a good discount but that was it. There might have been good prices off on buggies etc as I didn't look at that but I didn't think much was on sale. Lots of bottles and sterilisers and dummies were and some of the cot linen. I needed crib linen so it wasn't very good for me! I was hoping they'd even have their deal for 3 for 2 cellular blankets but no dice.

I went to TK Maxx nearby and there were much better bargains in the kids section. Got a set of cot bed linen (bumper, sheet and quilt) for when the baby is older reduced from 54EUR to 13EUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

Did the same myself this morning, very disappointed. Like you said lots of discounts on bottles etc but very little on the clothes. I was hoping to get a dressy dress for my two ladies but nothing, not even non-sale items. Was also looking for vest and pants so I can start training dd1 but they were not in the sale either. I bought nothing! Have never left mothercare during a sale empty handed before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Smyths have 20% off just type in code easter20

I got birthday presents today after another poster put it on bargain alert thread. But u can get car seats and buggies as well just checked. Free deliver if you spend over €50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was in Mothercare today in Waterford and I thought they had a good bit of sale. The store is tiny!! There was very little newborn hanging reduced and only about 20 packs of vest and babygros with 30 or 50% off.

There was a good bit of toddler girls, mostly reds and florals, boys was mostly tee-shirts and a few boarding pants. Lots of hats and a few shoes.

BUT, even this evening the staff seemed to be reducing the stock, so there might be more on sale later.

It seems a bit disorganised, usually shops get the new stock in the day after the sale starts so you can fill the merchandising spaces left by the sale, but in Mothercare, it looks like its all mixed up together.

I picked up a few bits and was happy with that. They new stock looked like Easter dresses and formal bits.

Eurobaby sale on their website 20% off everything over the weekend

Dunno if the Dunnes megabox @ 17.49 is back or if it never went away but they're in my Dunnes again

• Advertisement

Tesco have a deal on a box of nappies called Cheekybots seems to be 20 euro (down from 38) for 100+ nappies depending on the size
    http://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274278136

I would like to buy a small pack though to see are they good coz I've never used them before, seems like a good deal

Seams good, but the boxes were ripped to shreads the other day so customers could see the nappies, Tesco would be better off selling a pack of 3 nappies for a euro, so people could try them.

BTW, they looked very soft and comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Eurobaby sale on their website 20% off everything over the weekend

Only seems to be 10% on the site now..?

zefer wrote: »
    Only seems to be 10% on the site now..?

Yea its 20% off starting this weekend according to the newsletter I got, I dunno would it be OK for me to post a link to it here
    Edit: it starts at 12pm tomorrow

i got a box of the cheekybots nappies, they are identical to pampers simply dry. Same size, thickness and absorbancy.

Tesco now doing pampers mega box 17.49 , I am the nappy fairy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Boots are doing the cream 4 pack of huggies wipes at 2 for €9. Works out at €1.13 each, the best I've seen for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Dunnes have boxes of pampers nappies for €13.99 got 64 (or so) size 6 usually its 12.99 for 32.

Tesco have half price Johnson baby wipes at the moment. They also have 5EUR off if you spend more than 25EUR on clothes and they've nice baby/kids stuff in for the spring/summer.

Also, if you have a Dealz near you they have boxes of pampers on sale. I think it's 16EUR for 66. Not sure if that's good or not - haven't had to buy nappies yet but thought I'd put it out there in case :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Moonbeam wrote: »

I'll remember that search term for future expeditions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Superquinn have a box of 6 packets of the plain Huggies wipes for €6 at the moment which is great value. Just bought 3 boxes as my youngest literally eats through them :) They might have nappies on offer too but I'm a firm convert to the Aldi ones by now so didn't bother looking. Also for what it's worth Aldi sometimes have boxes of their nappies 'on offer' but they work out more per nappy than the regular packets :(

^^^ I saw that and I though I was missing something, my friend uses size 4 and I thought there was a missprint on the box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Zulily have a deal on with gro bags at the moment. I haven't looked through it fully yet but it's 1 and 2.5 tog ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

Tesco Out There! 3 ring paddling pool

http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-90cm-3-ring-paddling-pool/210-1075.prd

For the amazing price of 1€
    In tesco Clare hall in the gardening aisle

• Advertisement

If anyone is thinking about investing in cloth nappies, the brand I bought, baba and boo have a deal on from 15th - 21st April as it's real nappy week. You can get 15% off your order by using the code RNW13. They also have competitions via fb and twitter on the 19th april. all nappies in the collection are the same price for the week as well (usually there's ones with fancier designs that are more expensive).

There's also a chance to win a free nappy starter kit for a friend if you nominate them and you can win a £30 voucher for recommending them (it's a uk company). Not sure if you have to have bought from them to nominate someone but if someone is interested in cloth nappies and would like me to put their name forward feel free to send me a pm :) I don 't know any mums to be to nominate!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    If anyone is thinking about investing in cloth nappies, the brand I bought, baba and boo have a deal on from 15th - 21st April as it's real nappy week. You can get 15% off your order by using the code RNW13. They also have competitions via fb and twitter on the 19th april. all nappies in the collection are the same price for the week as well (usually there's ones with fancier designs that are more expensive).

There's also a chance to win a free nappy starter kit for a friend if you nominate them and you can win a £30 voucher for recommending them (it's a uk company). Not sure if you have to have bought from them to nominate someone but if someone is interested in cloth nappies and would like me to put their name forward feel free to send me a pm :) I don 't know any mums to be to nominate!

I know this might be a stupid question but how does this work? The cloth nappies I mean...how many nappies would you need and how many liners. Is 15 weeks too late to start?

Piper101 wrote: »
    I know this might be a stupid question but how does this work? The cloth nappies I mean...how many nappies would you need and how many liners. Is 15 weeks too late to start?

I don't think so, they're designed to be used up until the baby is toilet trained, the sizes are adjustable. My baby hasn't arrived yet so I haven't had to use them yet, I'm not an expert! I bought a starter kit of 20 nappies which from my research is more than enough. I'm aiming to do a nappy wash every three days which is why I went for 20. That kit was €220.

The nappies consist of an outer plastic pant with snap buttons (ie no safety pins or anything like that) and 2 cloth inserts that go in a pouch in the nappy. You get a bucket and mesh bag with the starter kit so when the nappy is dirty you rinse off anything solid (so number twos!) and put it in the bag in the bucket, then when full the bag goes straight in the washing machine at 40C.

When doing our research we looked at YouTube videos (just search for baba + boo) so I recommend you do that to get an idea of how they work. We got them for two reasons, to save money (we won't need to buy any more nappies) and to reduce our waste. People don't think we'll keep up the use of them but we think they'll work for us! We'll see anyway :)

You can order a sample from the website, so just one nappy if you want to test them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mary1978

Has anyone seen the mega boxes of pampers on sale anywhere this week? Almost out of mine... (size 4). Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭kitten_k

They are €11.99 in my local Londis, you can try there is you have one close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yeah I'm looking for 4+ pampers baby dry - tesco have 2 x 70 pks for 35euro I think - either wayit worked out at 22.5 cent a nappy which I think I've done much better than so as I have a few days left I didn't bother - they had size 4 too I think. If anyone knows anywhere better I'd be glad to hear!
    I also need to get some pampers new baby size 1&2's but no idea what a good price for those is!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tommee tippee bottles 6 for £10
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Feeding-Bottles/dp/B004GCJFA4/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1366307295&sr=1-2&keywords=tommee+tippee

That is amazing value, you would babrely get 4 teats for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dublinlady wrote: »
    Yeah I'm looking for 4+ pampers baby dry - tesco have 2 x 70 pks for 35euro I think - either wayit worked out at 22.5 cent a nappy which I think I've done much better than so as I have a few days left I didn't bother - they had size 4 too I think. If anyone knows anywhere better I'd be glad to hear!
    I also need to get some pampers new baby size 1&2's but no idea what a good price for those is!

Hi DL, can't believe you're back to the newborn nappies. The cheapest we've gotten so far is 16.5 cent and I think that was in boots. The offers don't tend to be particularly good.

http://www.buyersclub.ie/ do pampers bundles

Aldi have their big box of nappies on sale this Thursday and it's cheaper than last time for the size 4
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_26763.htm
    9.99 as opposed to 11.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Noticed that boots (dundrum) were selling the aptamil comfort for €12. Pretty sure they're €13+ elsewhere.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Is that the colic and constipation ones. Yeah it's usually €13.75 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Boots in blanch had the aptamil comfort for €12 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

mary1978 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the mega boxes of pampers on sale anywhere this week? Almost out of mine... (size 4). Thanks

Superquinn Sometimes do a 94 box for €17 though they did it recently so might not be on still. Boots should be due to do one soon as they done nothing recently, as in the last few month. They did a three for two offer before Christmas on lots of stuff that was good.

• Advertisement

The mega packs will be €17.49 on Tuesday 23rd for 2 weeks.

The ecc pack size 2 is the best value for pampers newborn, never touch a jumbo box unless its reduced and you've check the price per nappy, its usually over 20c per nappy.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262486835

Boots are the only place that seem to do '2 for' on the ecc pack which is much better than the usualy save a euro in Tesco etc.

Does anyone have a special on Aptamil 1 litre cartons at the moment? E.g. 2 for 4 or 2 for 4.50?

Thanks,

Shane

They can not do special offers on them can they?

Formula is cheaper up north again.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    They can not do special offers on them can they?

Formula is cheaper up north again.

They can't do offers on Stage 1 infant formula- once they go over the 1-2-3 infant formulas- to the over 6 month 'Growing Up Milk' its actually classified as a regular grocery item, and not infant formula (and if you have vouchers for general groceries- such as the current Dunnes and Superquinn ones, they count against them (despite saying they're not for infant formula)).

I don't have the energy to take a trip to Sprucefield for groceries again- I think I'll wait until the freezer is empty again........ I always tend to go to Sprucefield rather than Newry- the traffic and lack of parking in Newry do my head in (though the Sainsburys there is great).

Newry is getting a huge new Tesco.
    Ah , I was wondering why you were using the baby milk lol
    It is morning,well that is my excuse:)
    I saw them 2 for 4.50 in Boots last week.

Dont forget there's a customer quota on baby milk in the UK at the moment.

Seems to be only amtamil that cheaper in the UK at the moment. I thought Ireland was still cheaper but it looks like the UK never did the Christmas week increase this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Superquinn's baby event started today! Loads of things half price including pampers mega boxes (€17.39), pampers wipes all half price, they also have boxes of 6 packs for €6, all the Johnsons baby bath solutions etc seem to be half price aswell :-). I've loaded up today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

They also have a €20 off when you spend €100 online, even with paying for delivery you still save about €14 on the already reduced prices, the code is SQ73MLP1

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

From 29th April, Smyths have 20% off everything in their Baby section. (and outdoor stuff too)

• Advertisement

The mega boxes are half price in tesco according to their site

http://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/buylist/default.aspx?Name=Baby+Offers+-+Nappies%2c+Wipes%2c+Food%2c+Drink+%26+Accessories

EDIT : seems to be only on website not in store at the moment

Advertisement