Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Millem wrote: »
    Tomorrow in dunnes buy one get one free on active fit large bags

Oh brilliant thank you!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Gee_G wrote: »
    Oh brilliant thank you!:)

From what I see that is the only place that are doing buy one get one free so I am going to try and go early enough otherwise tesco are doing 2 bags of baby dry for €25 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

The cheapest shop I've seen for pampers is Supervalue. Picked up a pack of newborn for 3.50 something and I think they are 4.57 ish in tesco's..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Tesco may still do the BOGOF for €14.99 on the baby dry large packs, as their current offer on those ends on 1/3 and childrens allowance day is Tuesday 4th, so wait and see what happens after Saturday.

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Tesco may still do the BOGOF for €14.99 on the baby dry large packs, as their current offer on those ends on 1/3 and childrens allowance day is Tuesday 4th, so wait and see what happens after Saturday.

Big packs of baby dry two for €25 are till 17/03 although I see they have changed the date on active fit offer from today till tomorrow so I reckon they will match dunnes on active fit from Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Whats the difference between actifit and baby dry. I need to stock up but have never used actifit .

Suucee wrote: »
    Whats the difference between actifit and baby dry. I need to stock up but have never used actifit .

As far as I know they are supposed to be better when baby is moving around, the sides are more flexible or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

Box of pampers babydry in supervalu today for 16 euro :)

melmoth77 wrote: »
    Box of pampers babydry in supervalu today for 16 euro :)

How many nappies are in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

Think it may depend on the nappy size but is a Mega pack - didn't get a chance to have a closer look yet, heading back there tomorrow!

• Advertisement

melmoth77 wrote: »
    Think it may depend on the nappy size but is a Mega pack - didn't get a chance to have a closer look yet, heading back there tomorrow!

Just saw there 104 for size 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just back from my tesco and nothing was further reduced :( but did get a lovely duffle cardigan for him in penneys €3 and a long sleeved cotton top €1 in their reductions

Ah man, that's crap, they must be slow marking down, theres a store near me like that, I go there when everywhere else is sold out!!

This might help:

http://www.clothingattesco.com/sale/all-sale-kids/icat/kids-sale#esp_cf=pdxtproducttype&esp_filter_pdxtproducttype=Nightwear&esp_sort=sys_price&esp_order=asc

http://www.clothingattesco.com/new-lines-added-for-kids/icat/new-in-sale-kids?sort=manual&parentCategoryRef=new-in-sale-kids&order=ascend&q=*&atrattrvalue2=One%20Size&atrattrvalue2=0%20%20Newborn

Multiply the price by 1.15 to find out the euro selling price.

I couldn't see Tesco matching Dunnes offer of 2 large packs for €14.99.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Ah man, that's crap, they must be slow marking down, theres a store near me like that, I go there when everywhere else is sold out!!

This might help:

http://www.clothingattesco.com/sale/all-sale-kids/icat/kids-sale#esp_cf=pdxtproducttype&esp_filter_pdxtproducttype=Nightwear&esp_sort=sys_price&esp_order=asc

http://www.clothingattesco.com/new-lines-added-for-kids/icat/new-in-sale-kids?sort=manual&parentCategoryRef=new-in-sale-kids&order=ascend&q=*&atrattrvalue2=One%20Size&atrattrvalue2=0%20%20Newborn

Multiply the price by 1.15 to find out the euro selling price.

I couldn't see Tesco matching Dunnes offer of 2 large packs for €14.99.

They are so annoying! I got lovely things in a different tesco yesterday that had been marked down to €4 and I saw them in my local one for €8. I might have a nose tomorrow. Are there any babygrows reduced?

Not really, just the cartoon ones by they at still realy dear.

The single Valentine baby gros are reduced but still not very cheap and over head type.

Big packs of baby dry two for €25 are till 17/03 although I see they have changed the date on active fit offer from today till tomorrow so I reckon they will match dunnes on active fit from Sunday.

If you look online you will see the date the offer ends is different depending on the size of pack, with the LARGE bag offer ending on 1/3, and large bag is always the pack that goes BOGOF for 14.99 in BabyDry.
    The other packs are Essential pack offer until 17/3

Actually forget all that, I've just checked and LARGE packs are on offer from 2/3 BOGOF 14.99!
    As I predicted. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

If you look online you will see the date the offer ends is different depending on the size of pack, with the LARGE bag offer ending on 1/3, and large bag is always the pack that goes BOGOF for 14.99 in BabyDry.

Actually forget all that, I've just checked and LARGE packs are on offer from 2/3 BOGOF 14.99!
    As I predicted. ;)

Cool. That's in tesco right?

Yeah, Tesco.

Yeah, Tesco.

Brill was in tesco today and they are now accepting any money off vouchers from other supermarkets! I got an €8 off €50 for superquinn/supervalu. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

No bargains on jammies in my local Tesco. Only stuff for ages 3 and up. Even I'm not organised enough to buy stuff 3 years in advance!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Brill was in tesco today and they are now accepting any money off vouchers from other supermarkets! I got an €8 off €50 for superquinn/supervalu. :)

Not accepting them in Maynooth :mad:
    Apparently they are only accepting them in '40 satellite stores' nationwide. Doesn't include Maynooth/Naas etc (but does include Lucan/Celbridge and those stores that operate as satellites of the superstores).

Note- they are also insisting on the exact dates on the coupons- they refused to accept a 02/03/14 coupon from me.

Also- none of the Metros are doing this.

• Advertisement

As I predicted. ;)

Typical i bought 2 large bags for 18 in dunnes stores today. Didnt have the actifit in our size. Think i might top up more from tesco tomorro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Was in smyths in blanch today, and they had one floor model pink quinny buzz pushchair for €179, with a further 10% off because it's a floor model. (They had two, but I snapped one up ;)) They're normally €399. Comes with basket, maxi cosi adaptor a and rain cover.

Suucee wrote: »
    Typical i bought 2 large bags for 18 in dunnes stores today. Didnt have the actifit in our size. Think i might top up more from tesco tomorro.

Suucee are you loading up for you upcoming addition aswell? I'm guessing ur pampers but what type and size you going to get initially?

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Suucee are you loading up for you upcoming addition aswell? I'm guessing ur pampers but what type and size you going to get initially?

Ha never even thought of baba much. I have some newborn size 1 and size 2 aldi brand. I never really see newborn on offer so haven't stocked up much . Im kind of waiting to see what nappy suits him. Might grab a pack or 2 of newborn pampers if I can find them on offer anywhere.
    I found with LO when she was tiny I could get away with any nappy with no leaks (Tesco, aldi, pampers, lidl) but once she started walking the only ones that don't leak are pampers or lidl toujours drylock. I'm fed up of trying different brands and having them leak on me so I try stock up on what I know works.

On that note has anyone seen good offers on newborn nappies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Argos has a sale on baby stuff.. Some useful bits too

Not accepting them in Maynooth :mad:
    Apparently they are only accepting them in '40 satellite stores' nationwide. Doesn't include Maynooth/Naas etc (but does include Lucan/Celbridge and those stores that operate as satellites of the superstores).

Note- they are also insisting on the exact dates on the coupons- they refused to accept a 02/03/14 coupon from me.

Also- none of the Metros are doing this.

I just checked online and it says "any dublin store". Is tomorrow not the 2/3? If so your coupon couldn't be used till then?

On a side note I regard to nappies I presume a baby stays ages in size 3? Just trying to figure out when to add size 3+ to nappy mountain lol lol. I got 4 weeks of €8 off €50 and if I use 3 of them in supervalu they give me a voucher for €20 :) I think I will use one in tesco tomorrow on nappies :)

Went to my stupid tesco and try still haven't further reduced the clothes :( even doubled checked at till to check price :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mine spent a bit of time in 3's and then more than a year in 4's... we're finally in size 5's with the 2 year old (and 4 year old still wears a size 5 to bed at night).

January wrote: »
    Mine spent a bit of time in 3's and then more than a year in 4's... we're finally in size 5's with the 2 year old (and 4 year old still wears a size 5 to bed at night).

I think 280 size 3s may be enough so I reckon I will buy 3+ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I think 280 size 3s may be enough so I reckon I will buy 3+ :)

My first spent very little time in size 3 and then went straight into size 4. Dd2 is spending longer in size 3. Depends on the size and shape of baby. Dd1 was short and chunky, dd2 is long and lean!!!!

• Advertisement

lmullen wrote: »
    My first spent very little time in size 3 and then went straight into size 4. Dd2 is spending longer in size 3. Depends on the size and shape of baby. Dd1 was short and chunky, dd2 is long and lean!!!!

Did you not bother with 3+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I'd recommend going for size 4 if you want to stock up. You will definitely use them. You may or may not use 3+. Closer to the time when you know the size and shape of your little one you can then add some 3+ to your stash if you need them. They are always on offer.

I just checked my size 3s and they go up to 20lbs but I thought I saw somewhere online that they only went to 15 lbs? Very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

No I went straight to 4's there's not much difference in 3 and 3+ and all the size 3 and 4 overlap in weight anyway!!

No I went straight to 4's there's not much difference in 3 and 3+ and all the size 3 and 4 overlap in weight anyway!!

Just back from tesco no size 3s so get 3+ they got up to 22lbs. Just got 2 bags next month I will start to stock pile size 4! I also got a pack of 56 size 2s pampers sensitive that were reduced to clear €6.25 but had a €2 off coupon from signing up to tesco baby so got them for €4.25 :) also used my supervalu coupon €8 off €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks for keeping us up to date millem. I got my 2 packs in tesco for 14.99 thanks to you :-) I'm afraid to stockpile too much cos I did that for size 2 and we barely used them up before she got too big! They didn't have much reduced in her size but I found a jumper that's identical to one I own! Had to get it :-)

• Advertisement

kandr10 wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping us up to date millem. I got my 2 packs in tesco for 14.99 thanks to you :-) I'm afraid to stockpile too much cos I did that for size 2 and we barely used them up before she got too big! They didn't have much reduced in her size but I found a jumper that's identical to one I own! Had to get it :-)

Sooooo cute! Zara do that too :) I have gotten so stingey I want more than 50% off on clothes lol lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I didn't even know 3+ existed!!
    generally I found all we ever used was size 3 and 4.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I didn't even know 3+ existed!!
    generally I found all we ever used was size 3 and 4.

I got them today just because there was no size 3s. I saw so many people this morning buying the big boxes of pampers I would of told them that the bags were BOGOF but OH would of been mortified! Lol yesterday in dunnes I got a woman to switch to active fit and she was thrilled! I just realised new baby size 3 go up to 15lbs buy baby dry 20lb 3+ go to 22lbs :) got 3+ instead of 4 as you get more nappies plus they will be ever so slightly bigger? Next month I will start size 4.

Jut picked up 4 big bags of 4+ for my LO and 4 big bags of 3 all babydrys for my upcoming addition. Also bought a small pack of newborn size 2 for the hospital. Got €60 off! Yay!

Jut picked up 4 big bags of 4+ for my LO and 4 big bags of 3 all babydrys for my upcoming addition. Also bought a small pack of newborn size 2 for the hospital. Got €60 off! Yay!

Brill! I have to say I find aldi the best size 2s out of all the brands I've tried sooo much padding like way more than any of the brands. Never ever had any leaks

• Advertisement

Brill! I have to say I find aldi the best size 2s out of all the brands I've tried sooo much padding like way more than any of the brands. Never ever had any leaks

Might try them. I have 2 bug bags of pampers baby dry size 2 for the new born so will try them first. And if we get leaks will try aldi. Thanks :). Just bought a little pack of size 2 newborn for the hospital as they fit nicely into baby's bag :)

Might try them. I have 2 bug bags of pampers baby dry size 2 for the new born so will try them first. And if we get leaks will try aldi. Thanks :). Just bought a little pack of size 2 newborn for the hospital as they fit nicely into baby's bag :)

Never tried baby dry just newborn and sensitive. My neighbour recommended them to me! She started off on some expensive organic nappies (never heard of them before) and 3 kids later swears by aldi ones! They are real cheap and have a small size 1 pack 25ish for €2.29 (never tried them) and big size 2 pack 44 for around €4.49. They are so good that I only use aldi at night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Never tried baby dry just newborn and sensitive. My neighbour recommended them to me! She started off on some expensive organic nappies (never heard of them before) and 3 kids later swears by aldi ones! They are real cheap and have a small size 1 pack 25ish for €2.29 (never tried them) and big size 2 pack 44 for around €4.49. They are so good that I only use aldi at night :)

I wonder could the organic ones be naty? I've been using those anyway as they're more environmentally friendly as opposed to organic . They don't use as many chemicals in producing them and are significantly more biodegradable. Price wise they work out similar to pampers at full price but with deals like bogof they're way dearer and obv not as cheap as Aldi or lidl. I'm getting them when they're on special and combining with cheaper ones. They're just as good no leaks etc and the sizing is good.

kandr10 wrote: »
    I wonder could the organic ones be naty? I've been using those anyway as they're more environmentally friendly as opposed to organic . They don't use as many chemicals in producing them and are significantly more biodegradable. Price wise they work out similar to pampers at full price but with deals like bogof they're way dearer and obv not as cheap as Aldi or lidl. I'm getting them when they're on special and combining with cheaper ones. They're just as good no leaks etc and the sizing is good.

I couldn't tell you the name! I completely forgotten! Pampers are cheaper than aldi/lidl when on BOGOF I rarely see aldi/lidl on special :(

Ive 2 packs of the size 1 and 1 pack of size 2 for new arrival (when he finally gets here) . At 10c a nappy hoping they work for us.

I found the aldi new born lovely to use, very padded but bulky compared to pampers.

Once wet they would expand a lot.

You'd struggle to get the pants down over them after a little wee!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I found the aldi new born lovely to use, very padded but bulky compared to pampers.

Once wet they would expand a lot.

You'd struggle to get the pants down over them after a little wee!

At the start is saw padding as a minus but one day He had something crazy like 4 leaks (pees and a poo) I literally had to give him 3 baths in one day using other brands (tesco, boots, magic and pampers) they are now the only ones I use at night as he has started to sleep all if not most of the night without waking! The other brands are grand during the day but don't want to risk leaky nappy at night :) I hope baby dry are as good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Looking for people's opinions on baby monitors....would it be worth getting one second hand or risky? Also any good models?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

niallo24 wrote: »
    Looking for people's opinions on baby monitors....would it be worth getting one second hand or risky? Also any good models?

Its a transmitter/receiver- there isn't really any risk with a secondhand one (just check batteries haven't leaked- the usual sorts of things).

We spent a lot of money on some super-duper system- which we never ever used. Its sitting on a shelf in a box somewhere. Of all the things you're buying- you may not even need it- but if you do- there really isn't any point to spend more than you need to.

The monitor we bought (on the recommendation of the good folks here) was the Safety First High Clarity Digital Video Monitor. We got it from Kiddisave online- and it was £149 at the time......... Don't waste money doing likewise........

niallo24 wrote: »

If you're buying one second hand plug it in and make sure it doesn't buzz...we were given a second hand one and had to buy a new one as we couldn't even hear baby through all the buzzing!!:( we bought a BT one from Argos, not a video one, just a normal one and find it great! Great sound, battery etc. And it only coat about €60!

• Advertisement
Advertisement