Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have been on the hunt for long sleeved baby vests! Penneys sold them all off last week 3 for €2 only managed to get one packet :( just back from tesco the have reduced all long sleeved vests 5 for €1.75!!! There are two styles that aren't reduced "Winnie the poo" and "pirate" designs! (They are marked €7 but scan in at €1.75). I also got dribble bibs 2 for 50c. Dunnes are discontinuing them for the summer and told me they are not reducing long sleeved vests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I like Next but I actually think H&M clothes are much funkier and better value. Just can't justify Next clothes anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Calmsurrender

Millem wrote: »
    I have been on the hunt for long sleeved baby vests! Penneys sold them all off last week 3 for €2 only managed to get one packet :( just back from tesco the have reduced all long sleeved vests 5 for €1.75!!! There are two styles that aren't reduced "Winnie the poo" and "pirate" designs! (They are marked €7 but scan in at €1.75). I also got dribble bibs 2 for 50c. Dunnes are discontinuing them for the summer and told me they are not reducing long sleeved vests.

Have you tried Heatons? I haven't bought them in a while but they seemed to have them all year round last year, I may be wrong though

Edit: sorry, I misread, you got them in tesco after!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

heatons have awesome stuff in their sales like outfits for 3.50 and fleeces for about the same,the quality and feel is not as good as Tesco or Next though.
    Dunnes stuff is a disaster except their fleeces. Holes appear in everything. Pennys appears to sell better quality kids clothes atm.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Do you mean Next will be hard to get into in the morning or the actual Dundrum complex? I'm there the whole time and Dundrum is a nightmare at the weekends... However, if you go early in the morning it's actually grand until around 12ish... Then the complex starts to get really busy.

Mum bought my little fella a load of lovely jeans and jumpers in Next only a few days ago. Was so thoughtful of her and he looks sooo cute in his new jeans... Now I just feel bad if it all gonna be half price. :(

The next sale not Dundrum lol! The queues for the next sale are insane for the st Stephens day sale. It is bedlam. Some people bring buggies to use and fill them with clothes! But next go mad as there is no space and were making people leave them outside! I never got up early for this one before though so maybe it's grand at 7am. I have been warned my next staff that the sizes I want 12-18 and 18-24 fly out so need to go at 7. I actually considered doing the Stephens day one when I was 9 months pregnant but my family wouldn't let me and told me I would end up going into labour lol lol! When I used to go for my sis it was like a military operation when we split up one in girls one in boys it was like the scene from friends when Monica was buying the wedding dress (we didn't have whistles though!) people killing each other for sizes .
    Don't feel bad about your mum because if they are big sizes you mightn't get them in the sale. I have a ton of stuff here in 3-6 and 6-9 that he just got last week a good €100-€150 worth which no doubt will be reduced.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What we do is go to the Next in Maynooth- its just a children's Next- but its a lot quieter than Dundrum or Liffey Valley (and the staff don't get half as flustered). Its actually quite pleasant in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

The next sale not Dundrum lol! The queues for the next sale are insane for the st Stephens day sale. It is bedlam. Some people bring buggies to use and fill them with clothes! But next go mad as there is no space and were making people leave them outside! I never got up early for this one before though so maybe it's grand at 7am. I have been warned my next staff that the sizes I want 12-18 and 18-24 fly out so need to go at 7. I actually considered doing the Stephens day one when I was 9 months pregnant but my family wouldn't let me and told me I would end up going into labour lol lol! When I used to go for my sis it was like a military operation when we split up one in girls one in boys it was like the scene from friends when Monica was buying the wedding dress (we didn't have whistles though!) people killing each other for sizes .
    Don't feel bad about your mum because if they are big sizes you mightn't get them in the sale. I have a ton of stuff here in 3-6 and 6-9 that he just got last week a good €100-€150 worth which no doubt will be reduced.

Lol... Ah ok. Yea I've heard of people queuing up at like 5am in different parts of the country for the next sales! Lol. Apparently the one in Sligo does be absolute bedlam!!!! I have to say I love Next. Expensive enough but the clothes are so cute and so smart. Mum got sizes 12-18months for my fella. Such a smart little man in his new jeans. looks like a real little boy now instead of a baba. lol. Just hate seeing something in sale for half price when u paid full only a week or 2 earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Right, that's me off to Tesco today so!! The way the weather is there's still plenty of time for long sleeved vests!

Lol... Ah ok. Yea I've heard of people queuing up at like 5am in different parts of the country for the next sales! Lol. Apparently the one in Sligo does be absolute bedlam!!!! I have to say I love Next. Expensive enough but the clothes are so cute and so smart. Mum got sizes 12-18months for my fella. Such a smart little man in his new jeans. looks like a real little boy now instead of a baba. lol. Just hate seeing something in sale for half price when u paid full only a week or 2 earlier.

I know I have 6 outfits I need to change for him! Honestly the sale is so worth getting up for. I love their dungarees which are €22-€29they will be €11-€14.50. Cheaper than dunnes! And I think dunnes are weird fittings. He got jeans as present I call them balloon pants! And they were €10 Whereas his next ones are fab and €12 (they will be €6 in the sale). I am going to try and get them in 12-18 and 18-24. Also he got gorgeous next beige chinos that are lined €12 they will be €6 in sale! On Monday the stores are getting the official list of what's being reduced! I wouldn't bother with their socks/vests or babygrows too dear what what you are getting!

Right, that's me off to Tesco today so!! The way the weather is there's still plenty of time for long sleeved vests!

As I say we live in Ireland where we only have one season lol! I got white ones white colourful owls and white ones with gingerbread men, they are unisex. They have girls ones too! But winnie the poo are full price and pirate ones only half price. You can never have enough vests!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

This looks like a bargain with all the extras including case, 2 necklaces, 9 apps, 8 wallpapers and £15 download card.....all for £46 and free delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-LeapPad2-Disney-Princess-Enchanted/dp/B00GHPDVJO?ie=UTF8&tag=mydesignweddi-21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

What we do is go to the Next in Maynooth- its just a children's Next- but its a lot quieter than Dundrum or Liffey Valley (and the staff don't get half as flustered). Its actually quite pleasant in there.

Would you still have to go there at the crack of dawn? I've never been to a next sale but I love the boys clothes!!

Gee_G wrote: »
    Would you still have to go there at the crack of dawn? I've never been to a next sale but I love the boys clothes!!

Gee g don't know about maynooth but I would defo recommend you go for 7. Some stores it might start at 6. Some people take full rails of things (so unfair) and then sell them on and they queue from 4am at Xmas. I find if you go at 9 you may as we'll go for 2 as same stuff is left. If anyone can't face queuing the uk site has a sale on now some of the things is Xmas stock but some things are current but you will need uk address (I don't think they ship to parcel motel but I did manage to get them to put my address as parcel motel address). I hope this sale will be even half as good as Xmas one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am never up that early but normally 2 days after the sale there is a choice as people go mad and buy everything then decide what they actually want:)
    I love Next:)

Guineys are doing 17% off everything from fri-sun for st Patricks day :) i find their cellular blankets and sheets great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I went to the Next sale in Sligo at 6am Stephens Day when I was 39 weeks pregnant, I thought fellow shoppers might go easy on me with the big fat bump, no such luck! :D It was crazy!

I thought I got great value on some babygros, at the time. But they were the ones that don't button down the front - something that wouldn't have even occurred to me to notice at the time, before the baby arrived - and I ended up barely ever using them, they were a funny fit anyways.

I did get a very decent set of bedcovers for around €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I went to the Next sale in Sligo at 6am Stephens Day when I was 39 weeks pregnant, I thought fellow shoppers might go easy on me with the big fat bump, no such luck! :D It was crazy!

I thought I got great value on some babygros, at the time. But they were the ones that don't button down the front - something that wouldn't have even occurred to me to notice at the time, before the baby arrived - and I ended up barely ever using them, they were a funny fit anyways.

Someone gave me a very pretty 0-3 month babygro that buttoned down the back! I never even put it on her. Whoever designed that was a good idea has clearly never dressed a new baby. It's like trying to put a jumper on a salmon....or maybe that was just my wriggler :) The ones that go over the head aren't ideal either, I used completely avoid them but I got a couple in twin packs recently and find them grand after the initial over the head moment. Still prefer the traditional button down style though. Must try and get into Next so. I like the length of the babygros for my leggy miss.

Omg I wanted to go to it in Dundrum but my family wouldn't let me as they said it could send me into early labour lol lol I wouldn't bother with their babygrows, mine are dunnes, penneys and tesco and we have grosuits too. He has m & s ones in 3-6 months and they look longer than dunnes ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Size wise I find penneys run smallest, followed by dunnes then tesco and next. I got a mix of penneys and tesco so she has some growing room. I like the next baby grows but can't justify the price. My sister was working there over Xmas and used her staff discount which was great. She said on Stephens day the queue went out of jervis st centre and all up Mary st! Madness I want no part in I have to say!

• Advertisement

kandr10 wrote: »
    Size wise I find penneys run smallest, followed by dunnes then tesco and next. I got a mix of penneys and tesco so she has some growing room. I like the next baby grows but can't justify the price. My sister was working there over Xmas and used her staff discount which was great. She said on Stephens day the queue went out of jervis st centre and all up Mary st! Madness I want no part in I have to say!

It's insane alright! My 8 week old is in 3-6 months he is so long there isn't any more length in them! You should keep an eye in m + s sale I got a pack of 2 babygrows for €5 at Xmas they are towelling with turn down sleeves for mittens. Looking at the clothes hanging in his wardrobe even m + s outfits are much longer :) they have a sale on at the mo (not great I like at least 50% off) but if you use the code MNSIE you will get 10% first online order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sorry, i'm a late comer, next sale is next Saturday?

I haven't been there for years, after managing the kids sales years ago, I developed a fear of crowds! But id like yup pick up a treat for my sister.

Millem you're a great one for the bargains :-) please never leave boards :-) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 44 drink_milk

Spotted on hotukdeas!

If anybody is looking for Cabriofix they are discounted on boots.com (£59)

Order to parcel motel went through.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10052&langId=-1&catalogId=10551&stReq=1&searchTerm=cabriofix&newDepSearch=&x=0&y=0#container

Blackwas out of stock an hour ago but was back a while ago, so keep trying.

hotukdeals link:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/maxi-cosi-cabriofix-car-seat-black-reflection-66-65-boots-1852265#comments

Millem you're a great one for the bargains :-) please never leave boards :-) lol

Thanks lol :) well I am just back from next trying to exchange baby clothes into bigger sizes. Went in and couldn't find any of the dungarees (even though they were there last week!) so went to the desk the girl tells me they are in the store room "because they moved around stock!" Yeah right they are going into the sale! Anyway they didn't have the size so they put the money on a gift card. I still have another three things to change. Everything they have in next now are short sleeved so defo all the long sleeved stuff will be in sale.
    Also was in m and s they still have loads and loads in sale so I defo think further reductions will be happening soon :)
    Also went for a nose in tesco and literally all the long sleeved vests are gone now only empty rails!

It's insane alright! My 8 week old is in 3-6 months he is so long there isn't any more length in them! You should keep an eye in m + s sale I got a pack of 2 babygrows for €5 at Xmas they are towelling with turn down sleeves for mittens. Looking at the clothes hanging in his wardrobe even m + s outfits are much longer :) they have a sale on at the mo (not great I like at least 50% off) but if you use the code MNSIE you will get 10% first online order.

one thing I like about the dunnes babygrows is that they have those little fold down mitten sleeves. Wish I knew about them when they were a few weeks old, much easier than mittens. My two scratch themselves but I can't put mittens on them or they can't keep hold of their doodies. Don't fancy waking every few mins to stick the mute button back in! Lol I'll just have to make sure I keep their nails short!

• Advertisement

one thing I like about the dunnes babygrows is that they have those little fold down mitten sleeves. Wish I knew about them when they were a few weeks old, much easier than mittens. My two scratch themselves but I can't put mittens on them or they can't keep hold of their doodies. Don't fancy waking every few mins to stick the mute button back in! Lol I'll just have to make sure I keep their nails short!

I like that about dunnes ones too but hate the neckline I find that it goes down sooooo low!

I find the same with the neckline on the vests and babygros from dunnes. I found the fold down mitten thing a bit small as well. They're bigger on the next ones (that's the main reason I got them there for when she was born) but never ended up using them.

I like that about dunnes ones too but hate the neckline I find that it goes down sooooo low!

Millem let us know how u got on in the sale.

Millem let us know how u got on in the sale.

No prob but it isn't till next Saturday the 22nd I am only going to queue from 6.30! I don't know whether to return the other things and ask for store credit but afraid that won't get sizes in sale and I don't want their new stuff with short sleeves. I would exchange for old stock now but I can't see what they have because it's in the store room (clearly getting marked down!). I Defo Defo have to bring back 2 pairs for jeans and dungarees as they are doubles! But don't know about other 2 outfits hmmmm! It's very annoying that Dundrum took away stuff so early :( in the sale I am on the lookout for 12-18 months and 18-24 months.

I find the same with the neckline on the vests and babygros from dunnes. I found the fold down mitten thing a bit small as well. They're bigger on the next ones (that's the main reason I got them there for when she was born) but never ended up using them.

Sizes are so weird! Today I put away any penneys babygrows and vests 0-3 as they are too small. The plain white long sleeved tesco vests are practically the same size as the 3-6 dunnes. Bizarre!

• Advertisement

Yeah it's so funny, it's the first thing I check now whenever I buy babygros, but it's something I'd never have thought to check for when buying them as presents for people in the past, before I had a kid! He rarely scratches himself, but they are so handy for when he does, I don't like to leave him down with scratch mittens on just in case.

I absolutely love the Boots babygros, they have scratch-mitts, they're not all that cheap but they're a good fit, they wash really well and don't seem to shrink at all. (And they are SO cute! :D )

Baby girls thick tights all reduced to clear in penneys 3 in a pack for €2. Also baby girls st Patricks day long sleeved t shirts reduced to €1.

No prob but it isn't till next Saturday the 22nd I am only going to queue from 6.30! I don't know whether to return the other things and ask for store credit but afraid that won't get sizes in sale and I don't want their new stuff with short sleeves. I would exchange for old stock now but I can't see what they have because it's in the store room (clearly getting marked down!). I Defo Defo have to bring back 2 pairs for jeans and dungarees as they are doubles! But don't know about other 2 outfits hmmmm! It's very annoying that Dundrum took away stuff so early :( in the sale I am on the lookout for 12-18 months and 18-24 months.

Ah ok, I thought it was this Saturday coz u were saying the last day all the stuff was in the store room! Thats madness they've it taken away already!

I would take them back and get store credit before they get reduced otherwise you only get sale price for them but if you return yhem now you get full price and can buy double as much stuff in the sale!

OT but need to moan. Got presents from two different friends of outfits for the girls. They're from mothercare. I thought the choices a bit strange as not the sort of thing either of them knows I would pick and not something they would put on her own little ones. One set of outfits is for18- 24 months old! I'm all for having stuff for later but hanging onto tshirts for 2 years seems a bit unrealistic - we're pushed for space as it is! They have all the tags etc so decided to return them for something I do like. I returned them less than 2 weeks after receiving them. They can't be returned! They are such old stock that there was only a week window to return them and they were really cheap. Now its not the cost I care about, I love a bagain and love when someone gets something at a good price. But I would never buy something I dont like and know the recipient wont like and can't return. So after trekking to mothercare with twins in tow I couldn't even return them. I suppose I will just have to keep them for when they're crawling to protect their 'nice' clothes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Baby girls thick tights all reduced to clear in penneys 3 in a pack for €2. Also baby girls st Patricks day long sleeved t shirts reduced to €1.

Which penneys? Was in jervis during the week and couldn't find any tights, looking for newborn sizes, or any paddy's day things.. I'm of to Heaton's in carrickmines now as they have nice green dresses on their website for €7.

OT but need to moan. Got presents from two different friends of outfits for the girls. They're from mothercare. I thought the choices a bit strange as not the sort of thing either of them knows I would pick and not something they would put on her own little ones. One set of outfits is for18- 24 months old! I'm all for having stuff for later but hanging onto tshirts for 2 years seems a bit unrealistic - we're pushed for space as it is! They have all the tags etc so decided to return them for something I do like. I returned them less than 2 weeks after receiving them. They can't be returned! They are such old stock that there was only a week window to return them and they were really cheap. Now its not the cost I care about, I love a bagain and love when someone gets something at a good price. But I would never buy something I dont like and know the recipient wont like and can't return. So after trekking to mothercare with twins in tow I couldn't even return them. I suppose I will just have to keep them for when they're crawling to protect their 'nice' clothes!

Haha, I used to work in this really old-fashioned shop in Sligo, ten years ago when I was in my late teens. This old lady, a friend of my mothers, used to be always in with me buying babygros for her daughter's children, these awful old-fashioned woolly padded yokes in horrible pastel colours that you'd never put on a baby.

They were phasing out the kids clothing section back at the time when I was working there.

After my baby was born, this woman's daughter gave my mum a load of those same babygros, still in the plastic boxes, to give to me! They even had my handwriting on the pricetags (she'd have had no idea that I ever worked there though, I've never even met the woman.)

The thought was lovely of course, I'm sure she knows though that if she never put them on her babies, I'm unlikely to use them on mine either! I'd say it was a case of trying to free up space in her house!

I would take them back and get store credit before they get reduced otherwise you only get sale price for them but if you return yhem now you get full price and can buy double as much stuff in the sale!

Yea id say they were gifts for her baby from others that her LO hadn't worn yet. TBH I have to say I've been guilty of giving a few things away that had been given for my LO. They were nice things tho. Basically I had my LO in babygros until he was like 6 months old! I had got so many gifts of dungarees (I think like 8 pairs!) from next etc... So I have given a couple of these to friends who have had baby boys. My fella just never wore them and they were lovely. I was just too lazy to put them on him! And we had sooo many.

Yea id say they were gifts for her baby from others that her LO hadn't worn yet. TBH I have to say I've been guilty of giving a few things away that had been given for my LO. They were nice things tho. Basically I had my LO in babygros until he was like 6 months old! I had got so many gifts of dungarees (I think like 8 pairs!) from next etc... So I have given a couple of these to friends who have had baby boys. My fella just never wore them and they were lovely. I was just too lazy to put them on him! And we had sooo many.

I washed all the stuff I received, thinking I'd use them eventually, but never did. :o So they're all washed and ready to wear, but the tags are off them, so I can't really re-gift! He has so much stuff in tiny sizes that he'll never get to wear, like yourself I put him in babygros most of the time, it's just easier!

I washed all the stuff I received, thinking I'd use them eventually, but never did. :o So they're all washed and ready to wear, but the tags are off them, so I can't really re-gift! He has so much stuff in tiny sizes that he'll never get to wear, like yourself I put him in babygros most of the time, it's just easier!

That's the thing... It's good to know Im not the only one who kept him in babygros... Thought I was being lazy. Lol. He got so many lovely jeans, dungarees etc all sizes 0-3 or 3-6mths. And I just never put them on him! Unless we were going somewhere special. I mean... He Wasnt even sitting up till after 6months so u just didnt c the point. When I see other parents who have their Babies nicely dressed I think it looks just lovely! Made me feel so lazy!

amor3 wrote: »
    Which penneys? Was in jervis during the week and couldn't find any tights, looking for newborn sizes, or any paddy's day things.. I'm of to Heaton's in carrickmines now as they have nice green dresses on their website for €7.

They are in Nutgrove. Just back from another next same story again all the stuff is in store room :( so the girl went up and brought stuff down. I ended up getting money put on his gift card. Soooo annoying! I still have another 4 outfits that I prob should bring back and they will defo be in sale as they are in store room but they didnt have size I want! They are soooooo annoying. I am just worried that some lunatics will be queuing from 3 and literally grab everything (which I have seen with my own eyes literally a whole rail of the same thing) then I will be left with nothing and will have to buy summer stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

That's the thing... It's good to know Im not the only one who kept him in babygros... Thought I was being lazy. Lol. He got so many lovely jeans, dungarees etc all sizes 0-3 or 3-6mths. And I just never put them on him! Unless we were going somewhere special. I mean... He Wasnt even sitting up till after 6months so u just didnt c the point. When I see other parents who have their Babies nicely dressed I think it looks just lovely! Made me feel so lazy!

Our little lad lives in babygros aswell. I personally don't like putting stiff 'grown up' looking clothes on him with buttons / zippers and the likes - he never looks comfortable in them. He will be wearing those kind of things soon enough. For now, he is comfy and happy in his baby gros :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Our little lad lives in babygros aswell. I personally don't like putting stiff 'grown up' looking clothes on him with buttons / zippers and the likes - he never looks comfortable in them. He will be wearing those kind of things soon enough. For now, he is comfy and happy in his baby gros :)
    I think the same about the stiff sort of clothes!! I thought I was the only one but any of the few times when he was a baby and I put him into jeans he looked so uncomfortable!! He lived in babygros and little tracksuits and even at 19months he rarely wears jeans unless its a special occasion!:)

Gee_G wrote: »
    I think the same about the stiff sort of clothes!! I thought I was the only one but any of the few times when he was a baby and I put him into jeans he looked so uncomfortable!! He lived in babygros and little tracksuits and even at 19months he rarely wears jeans unless its a special occasion!:)

It's jeans that I need to bring back! Such a pain for changing nappies! I love the soft dungarees (next have fab jersey ones) and rompers (thick tracksuit material) from tesco. When baby was first born he slept all day and stayed up at night I was convinced he had day and night mixed up so I then put proper clothes on during day and babygrows at night (amongst other changes!) and the problem sorted itself out!

No they weren't re gifted. I have twins so it was two of each so unlikely in both cases that they each got two of the same outfits. Plus their kids are 5 and 3 and they wouldn't have had them THAT long. I always go out of my way to buy nice presents for their kids that I know they will like/use and always include a gift receipt if there is any chance it won't fit or they already have it. I have bought toys on sale but usually stuff I am very confident they will like. Its not the cost more so that rather than buy something from penneys or dunnes that they know would be worn, they bought horrible stuff from mothercare sale just for the sake of buying mothercare. I would've preferred dunnes or penneys or tesco and at least had stuff I could use!

No they weren't re gifted. I have twins so it was two of each so unlikely in both cases that they each got two of the same outfits. Plus their kids are 5 and 3 and they wouldn't have had them THAT long. I always go out of my way to buy nice presents for their kids that I know they will like/use and always include a gift receipt if there is any chance it won't fit or they already have it. I have bought toys on sale but usually stuff I am very confident they will like. Its not the cost more so that rather than buy something from penneys or dunnes that they know would be worn, they bought horrible stuff from mothercare sale just for the sake of buying mothercare. I would've preferred dunnes or penneys or tesco and at least had stuff I could use!

Ah ok. yea thatd be annoying! Maybe she didnt want ur cutie pies looking better than her own kids. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Less small talk more bargain alerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

mdwexford wrote: »
    Less small talk more bargain alerts.

Mod:And less back seat modding. If you have a problem, report the posts rather than trying to control the thread, leave that to the mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I'm so delighted there are like minded people! I have a pair of newborn jeans that someone gave as a present! Really stiff material too, really??

For anyone on for the Next sale, I went on Stephens day at 8.30, it wasn't jammed and I got loads too

Mrs W wrote: »
    I'm so delighted there are like minded people! I have a pair of newborn jeans that someone gave as a present! Really stiff material too, really??

For anyone on for the Next sale, I went on Stephens day at 8.30, it wasn't jammed and I got loads too

Were there big baby sizes left? Was it in dublin? This sale never has as much as Xmas sale so the staff tell me. I went for a nose 11ish Dundrum 2012 and there was only rubbish left no nice outfits. Didn't go 2013. I have a fair idea what's in the storeroom baby boys wise but don't know what sizes they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Were there big baby sizes left? Was it in dublin? This sale never has as much as Xmas sale so the staff tell me. I went for a nose 11ish Dundrum 2012 and there was only rubbish left no nice outfits. Didn't go 2013. I have a fair idea what's in the storeroom baby boys wise but don't know what sizes they have.

No it was Monaghan town, I thought it might be easier going than Newry. There had been queues from early but still loads left

Advertisement