Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Mrs W wrote: »
    No it was Monaghan town, I thought it might be easier going than Newry. There had been queues from early but still loads left

Never knew Monaghan had a next! I haven't decided what next I am going to go to. I reckon Dundrum will be crazy so may go further afield. I went to one in drogheda before and it was brill but was sooo jammers but got loads of suits for me and childrens clothes for niece and nephew. I remember seeing people literally strip off and trying things on in the middle of the shop lol as they closed changing rooms!

Argos baby sale will finish 18th march some great deals. Some car seats half price. I got this today etc http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1478253/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C14417537/c_2/3%7C18793869%7CFeeding+and+bathing%7C14417596/c_3/4%7Ccat_14417596%7CBathing+and+potty+training%7C14417599.htm
    Just put new size babygrows in baby's wardrobe ladybird (littlewoods), m and a and dunnes. Ladybirds are huge way way way longer than dunnes they look like a 6-9 not a 3-6 months. Maybe ladybird would be a cheaper alternative to next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Millem wrote: »
    Never knew Monaghan had a next! I haven't decided what next I am going to go to. I reckon Dundrum will be crazy so may go further afield. I went to one in drogheda before and it was brill but was sooo jammers but got loads of suits for me and childrens clothes for niece and nephew. I remember seeing people literally strip off and trying things on in the middle of the shop lol as they closed changing rooms!

It's a good big one too, very similar size to the one beside B&Q in Newry?
    Much more civilised people in Monaghan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Argos baby sale will finish 18th march some great deals. Some car seats half price. I got this today etc http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1478253/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C14417537/c_2/3%7C18793869%7CFeeding+and+bathing%7C14417596/c_3/4%7Ccat_14417596%7CBathing+and+potty+training%7C14417599.htm
    Just put new size babygrows in baby's wardrobe ladybird (littlewoods), m and a and dunnes. Ladybirds are huge way way way longer than dunnes they look like a 6-9 not a 3-6 months. Maybe ladybird would be a cheaper alternative to next?

ladybird stuff is good quality but sizes are a bit strange IMO. A bit like boots, very long. My girls are a bit on.the small side, but even still they are about 14 lbs now I would think (maybe more) and still fit comfortably in their boots newborn dresses. Ladybird as I say is alsoa bit big but decent quality and good washability.

• Advertisement

ladybird stuff is good quality but sizes are a bit strange IMO. A bit like boots, very long. My girls are a bit on.the small side, but even still they are about 14 lbs now I would think (maybe more) and still fit comfortably in their boots newborn dresses. Ladybird as I say is alsoa bit big but decent quality and good washability.

I have 5 ladybird babygrows they were 2 sets and both the same size.
    So so so much longer than dunnes! Great for us as baby is very long. I got them in the sale maybe €5 for 2 and €7ish for 3. I wouldn't pay €20 for a pack though!

So so so much longer than dunnes! Great for us as baby is very long. I got them in the sale maybe €5 for 2 and €7ish for 3. I wouldn't pay €20 for a pack though!
    I agree. Anything I have I bought in the sale. Bought stuff at the end of last summer for this year. Was worried because my girls are 6 months at the end of May and didn't know if I should go for the 3-6 months or 6-9 months. Went 3-6 in leggings and tshirts and 6-9 in sweatshirts. Glad I did as they are 3 months now and I think size wise they will be a year old before they would be long enough for the leggings! Dont mind sweatshirts being a bit big.

I agree. Anything I have I bought in the sale. Bought stuff at the end of last summer for this year. Was worried because my girls are 6 months at the end of May and didn't know if I should go for the 3-6 months or 6-9 months. Went 3-6 in leggings and tshirts and 6-9 in sweatshirts. Glad I did as they are 3 months now and I think size wise they will be a year old before they would be long enough for the leggings! Dont mind sweatshirts being a bit big.

In fairness to littlewoods they do have good sales and there are always promo codes floating around :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love ladybird stuff :)
    Boots stuff for boyscnormally seems fine but for girls I find the size can vary .
    My youngest was 61cm by 11 weeks and babygros never fitted him .

• Advertisement

Not a great bargain but might be useful to someone. Lidl have boxes of their size 4 nappies (the new dry lock ones) 70 nappies and 2 packets of baby wipes for €10. (Nappies are €5 each so you are getting the wipes for free!). I was in lidl in greenhills. Tesco have pampers active fit jumbo boxes for sale for €10 size 3 has 84 nappies so 11.9c per nappy which is cheaper when they are BOGOF €14.99 for 120 nappies 12.5c per nappy. They also have size 4, 4+, 5 and 5+. (I don't know if they are good value as haven't researched those sizes yet!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Next have lovely girls dresses- white with ladybirds crawling up the shoulder. Not available in store- but available to order. 9Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Was in Dunnes in liffey valley on Saturday and they have pampers extra sensitive baby wipes on offer,3 for €4,not bad considering they are nearly €3 per pack in tesco and supervalue.
    Couldn't tell you if that is in every Dunnes but i don't see why not.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes in liffey valley on Saturday and they have pampers extra sensitive baby wipes on offer,3 for €4,not bad considering they are nearly €3 per pack in tesco and supervalue.
    Couldn't tell you if that is in every Dunnes but i don't see why not.

Are these the white ones? If so are they as good for newborns as huggies pure?

Are these the white ones? If so are they as good for newborns as huggies pure?

No the white ones are sensitive,these ones are pink,and are extra sensitive,no scent on them either,so id say they are just as good,Ive never had any problems,in fact my little lad is 8 weeks old and hasn't had even one sore bum or nappy rash thank god.

No the white ones are sensitive,these ones are pink,and are extra sensitive,no scent on them either,so id say they are just as good,Ive never had any problems,in fact my little lad is 8 weeks old and hasn't had even one sore bum or nappy rash thank god.

Are they johnsons?

Are they johnsons?

Ha yes,i just seen i wrote pampers lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Next have lovely girls dresses- white with ladybirds crawling up the shoulder. Not available in store- but available to order. 9Euro.

Ahh, they are lovely:

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/x534776s3#871620

For a minute you were referring to a sale item on the UK website, €9 is good for a dress from next!

EDIT, says sold out, but might just be preloaded on the site pending release from the DC, so might be available in the next week or 2.

Ha yes,i just seen i wrote pampers lol.

They are nice! I got them free in the eu mom bag.

Are they johnsons?

My girls came out in a rash from the Jonson's ones, and they were extra sensitive. They are quite strongly perfumed.

• Advertisement

My girls came out in a rash from the Jonson's ones, and they were extra sensitive. They are quite strongly perfumed.

I just used them to take off my make up and they left my skin feeling lovely and soft! Any pampers whites sting my face so would be afraid to use them on babs. I only use wipes for a number 2 or middle of night nappy changes and have so far have just used water wipes, huggies pure, the white aldi ones or my homemade ones and all were perfect but I spouse everyone's skin is different :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Next had those dresses last year in other patterns and they were great for just everyday running around dresses for kids. Had two and got great use from them, they're longer at the back than the front, kind of a dipped hem at the back.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Ahh, they are lovely:

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/x534776s3#871620

For a minute you were referring to a sale item on the UK website, €9 is good for a dress from next!

EDIT, says sold out, but might just be preloaded on the site pending release from the DC, so might be available in the next week or 2.

They are sooo cute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Out of stock everywhere :( I was going to get a cosatto car seat (for second car) €49 reduced from €130 but again no stock :(
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9103805/Trail/searchtext%3ECOSATTO+CAR+SEAT.htm
    Wmpdd3 Any sign of further further reductions on clothes in tesco?

I just used them to take off my make up and they left my skin feeling lovely and soft! Any pampers whites sting my face so would be afraid to use them on babs. I only use wipes for a number 2 or middle of night nappy changes and have so far have just used water wipes, huggies pure, the white aldi ones or my homemade ones and all were perfect but I spouse everyone's skin is different :)

I found them very sting-y on my own skin too but LOVE the huggies pure or aloe ones. Very mild and really good 'wipeability'!! Pampers are ok, but a bit flimsy, my fingers would go through right in the middle of a code brown!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The huggies wipes were buy 1 get 2 free in Boots again during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I always buy sensitive wipes of some description, but I always wring them out in water before I use them. I've started weaning, and I've cleaned food off his face a few times with wipes straight out of the pack and he has developed a spotty rash on his cheeks. I'll be sticking to water wipes for his face and rinsed-out wipes for his bum from now on!

I only use them on bums and occasionally on hands and to clean stains on their clothes. I keep a moist facecloth to hand to clean faces and keep one in a sandwich bag to keep it damp when we're out and about.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The huggies wipes were buy 1 get 2 free in Boots again during the week.

Saw that ! I got them 3 for 2 the previous week! 3 for €2! Should of bought more! I just added them to my amazon subscription order 10 for €8.90 not great but at least they will be delivered to the door! Havent tried any other huggies ones only the biege pack with the nudey baby with hat "pure"

Some Further reductions in marks and Spencer's sale. Enter code MNSIE and get another 10% off if it's your first online order (or just use another email address). if your order is over €60 enter code FCMARCH18 and receive 15% off (not valid on sale items). Fat cheese are giving 3% cash back on all sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I got this last time it was reduced, I've only started using in now. Do you know a way to keep the sound on all the time or is it just programmed to turn on when baby makes a loud noise??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

amor3 wrote: »
    I got this last time it was reduced, I've only started using in now. Do you know a way to keep the sound on all the time or is it just programmed to turn on when baby makes a loud noise??

I think that was some new EU directive that all new monitors can't emit constantly. I had the same issue when I got a replacement Angelcare for a faulty one and new one only clicks in when there's noise. When I looked into it it was something about a directive/ruling to stop too much interference with other wireless devices I think.
    I didn't like it at the start but used to it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

The Avent Starter kit is reduced in Dunnes to €15 ( same as was in Aldi a while back)

And the Avent electric steriliser is down to €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

sillysocks wrote: »
    I think that was some new EU directive that all new monitors can't emit constantly. I had the same issue when I got a replacement Angelcare for a faulty one and new one only clicks in when there's noise. When I looked into it it was something about a directive/ruling to stop too much interference with other wireless devices I think.
    I didn't like it at the start but used to it now.

My angelcare monitor does the same. Gives me a heart attach every time it clicks in!

• Advertisement

Further reductions on clothes in tesco, disnèy Mickey Mouse pjs 2pk €10 reduced to €5, Mickey Mouse 5 pk long sleeve vests €10 reduced to €5. I got summer pjs (short sleeves and short bottoms) €6 down to 90c and swimming togs (full uv protection top and shorts) €11.25 down to €3.60! One of
    The workers told me some stores are short staffed so they don't get to put new price sticker on but they scan in at lower price.

Next sale tomorrow, just rang around my 2 local ones, one nice girl went into store room and checked she told me there is not many childrens clothes (mostly small baby 0-3, 3-6) :( so won't go to that next in the morning! Dundrum said it is not going to be that big, but a friend of a friend (who works there said defo go to dundrum as they will have the most!

Next sale tomorrow, just rang around my 2 local ones, one nice girl went into store room and checked she told me there is not many childrens clothes (mostly small baby 0-3, 3-6) :( so won't go to that next in the morning! Dundrum said it is not going to be that big, but a friend of a friend (who works there said defo go to dundrum as they will have the most!

I'm heading for Newry but don't know if I should go to the quays or the one over at B&Q :confused: I might ring them and see what they advise

I'm heading for Newry but don't know if I should go to the quays or the one over at B&Q :confused: I might ring them and see what they advise

I am the same, if I do go to dundrum I get it will be jammers! But the friend of a friend said they have much more stock. I really don't want baby jeans as I find them annoying for nappy changes! I am on the look out for dungarees :)

I am the same, if I do go to dundrum I get it will be jammers! But the friend of a friend said they have much more stock. I really don't want baby jeans as I find them annoying for nappy changes! I am on the look out for dungarees :)

Is it boys or girls you're looking for and what age?
    They only had 2 pairs of dungarees for girls anyway, I already bought one for the next size up again because I love them :o

• Advertisement

Is it boys or girls you're looking for and what age?
    They only had 2 pairs of dungarees for girls anyway, I already bought one for the next size up again because I love them :o

I am looking for boys! I said from 6 months up and she said they on,y had 2 in store room. I find this hard to believe as I was there last Saturday and they brought 2 different pairs out to me in 9-12 months. So I reckon she just had a quick luck heard me say 6 months and looked for 6-9 months!
    I asked was it all the spring stock dundrum said no. I find this hard to believe that they took stuff (90% of spring stock) off the shop floor and put in store room for no reason! I know literally every outfit in baby boy spring catalog, I am in dundrum at least once a week and knew where everything was in the baby boy section as he literally got sooooooo many presents from next

Ha I'm the same, I'm in Newry nearly every week. I think this is only going to be the transition stuff that's on sale, the late spring/summer stuff won't be.
    It will be all the neutral colours, the blacks, navy's etc that was put out straight after the Christmas sale finished

Ha I'm the same, I'm in Newry nearly every week. I think this is only going to be the transition stuff that's on sale, the late spring/summer stuff won't be.
    It will be all the neutral colours, the blacks, navy's etc that was put out straight after the Christmas sale finished

Yes I agree! I know 2 boys dungarees that are defo going on sale one dark denim one neutral. As I always say we live in Ireland we only have one season lol! My plan is on a warm day to put tshirt under dungarees! But really want 12-18 months

I'd nearly prefer it, the summer stuff is cute and all but just not practical. LO is in long sleeve vests this 7 months or so and I don't see her coming out of them any time soon!

I'd nearly prefer it, the summer stuff is cute and all but just not practical. LO is in long sleeve vests this 7 months or so and I don't see her coming out of them any time soon!

I am the same! I wanted to change clothes and didn't want summer stock but it was in the store room. The summer stuff is so cute but seriously I don't know how many times he will wear them especially at the rate he is growing! Penneys has real real cute summer dresses for baby girls I would be more inclined to get summer stuff in penneys !

I got loads of summer dresses as presents last year and most were only worn once, it's just pointless. I got some lovely little rompers in dunnes and they were really comfy for her

I got loads of summer dresses as presents last year and most were only worn once, it's just pointless. I got some lovely little rompers in dunnes and they were really comfy for her

Absolutely agree! I love rompers :) on a separate note I am just back from tesco clarehall they have big jumbo boxes of size 3 pampers active fit for €8.40 84 in a box so 10c per nappy. Other sizes available but boxes are way more expensive €19.99:eek: they also have a big bin/basket filled with vests and babygrows and it says 3 for 2. I got a pack of 3 babygrows (gingerbread man design) €2.40, 5 vests (robot design) €3.50 and 5 vests (pirate design €4.57) and got babygrows for free. I had to tell lady at the till about deal she went over to check it out and then deducted it for me! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Spoke to a girl in Dundrum- she says Liffey Valley will have far more stock than Dundrum. Wonder what time I'll have to get there at........

Spoke to a girl in Dundrum- she says Liffey Valley will have far more stock than Dundrum. Wonder what time I'll have to get there at........

I reckon crack of dawn!! Is there another next in a retail park in Liffey valley ? I was in the one in the centre in January and I thought it was small?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Are all the shops opening at 7am? Cant find anything on the irish website. English one says 8am.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement