Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I usually get my wipes from Amazon for about a euro per pack with free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I usually get my wipes from Amazon for about a euro per pack with free delivery.

Yep we get our wipes and nappies from Amazon, works out cheaper, and there's the convenience of getting them delivered to our door (we don't have a car.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Me too! It saves the hassle of seeing where they're on special offer. They get delivered to my office once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Me too! It saves the hassle of seeing where they're on special offer. They get delivered to my office once a month.

I get the huggies wipes too on subscribe and save along with 36kg of dog food and nicorette gum so I get 15% discount!
    Dunnes selling two styles of long sleeves vests for €5, girls ones are pink and boys are blue 5 in a pack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Millem wrote: »
    I get the huggies wipes too on subscribe and save along with 36kg of dog food and nicorette gum so I get 15% discount!
    Dunnes selling two styles of long sleeves vests for €5, girls ones are pink and boys are blue 5 in a pack :)

What sizes??

amor3 wrote: »
    What sizes??

Babies newborn up to 2-3 years. Girls ones are pink with different designs boys ones are blue with designs (planes I think)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Babies newborn up to 2-3 years. Girls ones are pink with different designs boys ones are blue with designs (planes I think)!

Millem, I say this with love...but seriously, step away from the vests!!! Time for an intervention I think!

Millem, I say this with love...but seriously, step away from the vests!!! Time for an intervention I think!

Lol lol I already have all my vests from tesco €1.75 :) I just saw them while I was in dunnes and thought they might be of use to someone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

My local dunnes has boxes of Pamper new born for 12.50. I think there are 70 nappies in a box, had size 1 and 3.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Pampers active fit large packs BOGOF in dunnes €14.99 and Fairy detergent powder 65 washes €13 and fairy fabric conditioner 1.4l down to €3.
    Tesco also doing BOGOF on large packs of active fit and baby dry €14.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Just looking at Tesco uk on line and all baby clothes are 3 for 2. Does anyone know if this offer is in our Irish stores ?!

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

It was in maynooth today, I wasn't there but my mam picked up some vests & sleepsuits for me on 3 for 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

It's all tesco baby stuff in the plastic bag packs are 3 for 2. Maynooth also had a baby clearance section where things were half price or less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I got a great bath toy in the reduced basket at Smyths. It's a hippo shaped basketball hoop with three toys for tossing in the hoop or squirting water at the hippo. It was down to €1.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Pampers active fit large packs BOGOF in dunnes €14.99 and Fairy detergent powder 65 washes €13 and fairy fabric conditioner 1.4l down to €3.

great stuff, time to stock up on pampers

Monthly stock up time :D The two large packs seem to see me through the month, €14.99 for a month's worth of nappies is fantastic.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Monthly stock up time :D The two large packs seem to see me through the month, €14.99 for a month's worth of nappies is fantastic.

Yes it's even cheaper than amazon family! I am also going to get the fairy powder as amazon have stopped doing it on subscribe and save! Also for the mammies and daddies who love their tea dunnes are doing 160 lyons for €3!
    Tesco have lots of johnsons baby things half price. I got the big yellow baby wash (500ml) for €1.99

Yes it's even cheaper than amazon family! I am also going to get the fairy powder as amazon have stopped doing it on subscribe and save! Also for the mammies and daddies who love their tea dunnes are doing 160 lyons for €3!
    Tesco have lots of johnsons baby things half price. I got the big yellow baby wash (500ml) for €1.99

Pity they never seem to discount the big bags of Lavazza coffee beans!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

How much does Amazon family cost?
    I can not seem to find the cost anywhere.

update:
    I found out that it is linked to prime which is pretty useless in .ie

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    How much does Amazon family cost?
    I can not seem to find the cost anywhere.

update:
    I found out that it is linked to prime which is pretty useless in .ie

It is £49 but you can get a 3 month free trial! I think the monthly savings are capped at £100. Every couple of months they have "thank you events" where they reduce things down a lot, at the last one I got the babybjorn babysitter balance for £55 (it retails at €140 here!) in the previous one I got 6 big tommee tippee bottles for €10 and current season growbag for €17. I found it great for pampers size 1+2 (I got 74 size 2s for £5ish back in December). Prices change everyday so it is worth keeping an eye out. I don't have it anymore (free trial expired) as babs is in size 3s now and he has everything baby related that we need! I do though get the huggies pure wipes through subscribe and save abd get 15% off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Supervalu only until tomorrow.

Pampers large packs babydry €7.50
    Pampers sensitive wipes 5 pack €5.50
    Huggies wipes buy 1 get 2 free

A few other things on offer aswell but only till tomorrow.

About time further further reductions in marks and Spencer's sale! My kind of sale at least 70% off. Some great bargains like boys school trousers for 79c!
    http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Kids/9991238,en_IE,sc.html?intid=ss1_3of3
    If you use promo code MNSIE it will give you a further 10% with an email you haven't used before and they will also deliver to store for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Supervalu only until tomorrow.

Pampers large packs babydry €7.50
    Pampers sensitive wipes 5 pack €5.50
    Huggies wipes buy 1 get 2 free

A few other things on offer aswell but only till tomorrow.

Just got some of the 7.50 baby dry - great deal!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Simple wipes in Boots @ 2.99 each- buy 1, get 2 free.
    Children's character t-shirts some 2 for 10, others (aka Disney) buy one, get one half price.

Simple wipes in Boots @ 2.99 each- buy 1, get 2 free..

Ooh thank you! Simple wipes are the only ones I'll use, both for him, and as make-up wipes for myself! €1 per pack is a great deal! :)

• Advertisement

Water wipes in lloyds pharmacies down from €2.99 to €2. Not a huge saving but I barely ever see these on sale anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Water wipes in lloyds pharmacies down from €2.99 to €2. Not a huge saving but I barely ever see these on sale anywhere.

They're usually €2 in mccabes pharmacy if you have one near you.

Is there any real difference in the ingredients of water wipes and normal wipes? Is that not just a marketing thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

From water wipes packaging

Purified Water @ 99.9%
    Citrus Grandis seed extract – aka grapefruit seed extract
    ...and that's it!

From Huggies Pure packaging

Aqua, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methlisothiazolinone, Methlyparaben, Malic acid.

So there does seem to be a difference. I use Huggies Pure for nappy changes and sometimes cotton pads and water. If we are out and about and her face needs a wipe I use the water wipes. I don't find them fantastic for dirty nappies though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Don't think I've seen just normal water wipes where would you get them boots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Don't think I've seen just normal water wipes where would you get them boots?

Yeah, boots always seem to have them but they are definitely more expensive.

Roesy wrote: »
    From water wipes packaging

Purified Water @ 99.9%
    Citrus Grandis seed extract – aka grapefruit seed extract
    ...and that's it!

From Huggies Pure packaging

Aqua, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methlisothiazolinone, Methlyparaben, Malic acid.

So there does seem to be a difference. I use Huggies Pure for nappy changes and sometimes cotton pads and water. If we are out and about and her face needs a wipe I use the water wipes. I don't find them fantastic for dirty nappies though.

I saw these on amazon I think they are new and pampers version of water wipes (can't find ingredients anywhere). For some reason they are treated the same as nappies in relation to discount.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ID7CCQM/ref=mp_s_a_1_23?qid=1396435227&sr=8-23&pi=AC_SX110_SY165 better value if you buy in bulk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ID7CC8A?vs=1

The water wipes are currently 2 euro in dunnes. ( 4pack is a tenner so don't pick this up!)

Usually 2.99 in boots but when they do their 3 for 2 it ends up 2 euro each then too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There are vouchers in this weekends papers for 10 off a 50 spend in aldi and lidl and tesco are accepting them. We went in this morning and got 6 bottles of already reduced wine to have for our LO's upcoming christening using the aldi coupon in todays indo. Only paid 6euro ish per bottle so that was great. We will be getting the Lidl coupons tomorrow and buying the remainder of our beer, soft drinks and prosecco so we will be 100% sorted as we are having a party at home!

They also have the large bags of Pampers buy 1 get one free and if you use the voucher on top of this offer that gives you a pretty unbeatable price per nappy :) For example - size 3 pampers baby dry - 70 per pack. You would get 8 packs for 60 and then 10 off so 560 pampers nappies for 50 quid :) Thats only about 8c per nappy.

I asked at the customer service desk if there were any exclusions as I wasnt 100% sure they would let us use the coupons for wine but she said there were none so maybe they will let you use them for fomula too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

closifer wrote: »
    There are vouchers in this weekends papers for 10 off a 50 spend in aldi and lidl and tesco are accepting them. We went in this morning and got 6 bottles of already reduced wine to have for our LO's upcoming christening using the aldi coupon in todays indo. Only paid 6euro ish per bottle so that was great. We will be getting the Lidl coupons tomorrow and buying the remainder of our beer, soft drinks and prosecco so we will be 100% sorted as we are having a party at home!

They also have the large bags of Pampers buy 1 get one free and if you use the voucher on top of this offer that gives you a pretty unbeatable price per nappy :) For example - size 3 pampers baby dry - 70 per pack. You would get 8 packs for 60 and then 10 off so 560 pampers nappies for 50 quid :) Thats only about 8c per nappy.

I asked at the customer service desk if there were any exclusions as I wasnt 100% sure they would let us use the coupons for wine but she said there were none so maybe they will let you use them for fomula too?

Only a few Tesco stores are doing this promotion.

January wrote: »

Oh didnt reealise - happily my local store in limerick is doing it :)

Moonbeam wrote: »

:-( I paid €449 for mine only a week ago!

January wrote: »

Don't suppose you happen to know if Roselawn is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm not entirely sure, I know they accept them in the one in Finglas for definite.

• Advertisement

Don't suppose you happen to know if Roselawn is?

Lucan accept them for definite too- just used one this evening (thankyou, Irish Independent- its probably the one and only time I genuinely benefited from anything in that god-awful rag).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

All Tesco stores now take these vouchers, it was on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

ah missed Pampers offer in Tesco :// with tenner off it was nice deal :/

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    All Tesco stores now take these vouchers, it was on their Facebook page.

Wunderbar...... could someone please alert the staff in Maynooth please....... :mad:

Maynooth now have the sign that they take the vouchers outside the door! Saw it yesterday!

:)

There is an tesco advert in the Sindo saying vochures accepted in all stores except tesco express. I used my €10 off in lidl off my lidl shop and picked up a pack of their own brand nappies size 4 to try out as we have had accidents in baby dry and active fit last week! I think the €20 super value vochure (I think it was for old superquinn customers only as my friend isn't getting one) are being issued the last week in April so I might use it in tesco on nappies !

There is an tesco advert in the Sindo saying vochures accepted in all stores except tesco express. I used my €10 off in lidl off my lidl shop and picked up a pack of their own brand nappies size 4 to try out as we have had accidents in baby dry and active fit last week! I think the €20 super value vochure (I think it was for old superquinn customers only as my friend isn't getting one) are being issued the last week in April so I might use it in tesco on nappies !

Supervalu have started texting you a discount code for your vouchers- so you can use the voucher in Tesco- and still avail of the offer at the till in Supervalu. This was Supervalu McNallys, Celbridge (presumably other branches are similar).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Wouldn't work for me - invalid code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

foodaholic wrote: »
    Wouldn't work for me - invalid code

Aw no! Sorry about that! Could be a good job what I wanted wasn't in stock ;)

Can that post be removed?
    I just deleted it.

• Advertisement

This is for the mammies!
    Orla kiely changing bag (marshmallow) on amazon approx €110
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G5BLNDG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Enter code EVENTS25 (gives you 25% off) at checkout. (Don't know when code expires!)
    This is a new print for the summer and retails for around €210-€216 :) the code also works on some normal bags but I think they must be sold and fulfilled by amazon! (But supposedly meant to be for evening bags)
    E.g http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G5BLV6A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 got this in stone for around €64. It retails at €119 and again a brand new print for the summer :)
    Also house of Fraser have a good sale on enter code 5OFF30 at checkout for £5 off £30 and choose free delivery to dundrum store (this expires code on Wednesday).
    http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk

Advertisement