Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh millem, i wish I didn't see this thread :o

Do you or anyone have the orla kiely changing bag? I got a pacapod bag and I hate it. I stopped using it after about 4 months. It's just too rigid and the pods take up all the space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

yellow hen wrote: »

Do you or anyone have the orla kiely changing bag? I got a pacapod bag and I hate it. I stopped using it after about 4 months. It's just too rigid and the pods take up all the space!

No I don't have orla kiely changing bag but would love one! I had serious dramas getting my changing bag as I wanted the old bugaboo one as I hate the new one! I managed to get it from a shop in the uk. http://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/Bugaboo_Cameleon_Diaper_Bag_-_Pink_212-372/version.asp Never ever use it! I have planned feeds and nappy changes so I won't have to do them when I go out! I always have a nappy and wipes in a plastic nappy bag in my handbag! I am sure this will change when I go back to work! I think the orla kiely changing bag is basically a midi sling with a bottom part with a changing mat? You could get something like this bargain, love this print it is last season £3 delivery to Ireland! http://www.parkinsonslifestyle.com/accessories-c6/bags-and-purses-c45/orla-kiely-sweetpea-print-midi-sling-bag-in-multi-p448

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yellow hen wrote: »

Which one and umm are you selling it ?:) I love them but they are so expensive !!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Supervalu have started texting you a discount code for your vouchers- so you can use the voucher in Tesco- and still avail of the offer at the till in Supervalu. This was Supervalu McNallys, Celbridge (presumably other branches are similar).

Thank for the reminder had a note with my last shop to text them and forgot and was wondering why I had not got vouchers in a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Which one and umm are you selling it ?:) I love them but they are so expensive !!

Yes I'm selling it :pac:. I have the pacapod napier. PM me if you're interested.

• Advertisement

Just back from carrickmines!
    Mothercare have reduced their own brand sleeping bags from €30 to €15.
    Tk maxx have dreamgenii girl sleeping bags 2.5 tog 6-18 months on clearance €14. They have a nuby starter set for either €14/€16 (can remember but it is this one!) http://kidsmug.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=58&products_id=2583&osCsid=05b29c095cc53fa1743b550479f32e0a
    And the pink and blue mam starter kits for €27
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MAM-Sterilising-Feeding-Including-Dispenser/dp/B00ERV7D58
    Woodies still have some nursery stuff. I got these munchkin sterilising bags 3 pack for €1!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Munchkin-051246-Microwave-Steriliser-Bags/dp/B006MB1SA2
    And baby elegance soothers 2 pack for €1
    http://www.babyelegance.org/collections/feeding-time-nursing-essentials/soothers-and-teethers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Guineys have an online sale today with loads of stuff either €5 or 2 for €5. 3 pk vests , beach towels etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

kandr10 wrote: »
    Guineys have an online sale today with loads of stuff either €5 or 2 for €5. 3 pk vests , beach towels etc

Oh jesus don't mention vests....Millem won't be able to help herself!

Lol lol lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Picked up one of these in pink in TK MAXX in Cork today for €26. Got it as a present for a friend but may end up getting one for myself.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hippychick-HIP001-Hipseat-Black/dp/B000NI2YEE

They also had Gro company grobags for €22.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ooh, my sister had one of those, she said it was da bomb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

A sling/ carrier would be smaller and youd have 2 hands free!

Interesting gadget though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

A sling/ carrier would be smaller and youd have 2 hands free!

Interesting gadget though!

Have a carrier which I find very handy but want to change it for a better one. Bought a bjorn without doing any research and didn't realise the bad rap they get about hip/leg positioning so thinking this night tide me over in the meantime. Still haven't decided whether to keep it or give it to my friend who spends her life with her baby on her hip and is finding her back is suffering because of it. It's actually not that big. Seat part is like the pouch of a bumbag only solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Lol :-)

That hip carrier looks interesting. I've never seen anything like it.

kandr10 wrote: »
    Lol :-)

That hip carrier looks interesting. I've never seen anything like it.

They have them in tk maxx carrickmines if you are in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

Anybody seen any good value car seats recently? Thx

I had the QUinny hip carrier for my 1st,it was fine but the baba sling did the same job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Simple baby wipes are €1.12 in Tesco at the moment ... cheapest I've ever seen them!

(I bought sixteen packets. :o Would have gotten more but that's all I could fit in the basket! :D )

I have moved all the car seat chat to the Car Seat Mega Thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Half price pregnancy massage here on groupon in Dublin. Not sure what the place is like tho as never been but thought someone may be interested :).

http://m.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/holistic-cocoon-1/37390030

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Simple baby wipes are €1.12 in Tesco at the moment ... cheapest I've ever seen them!

(I bought sixteen packets. :o Would have gotten more but that's all I could fit in the basket! :D )

Great- Tesco it is then. Boots had them on special a few weeks ago- but their stock was very low so I only got a few packs- and have had to go back to Pampers since. At least our two are long past needing ultra sensitive ones- but its nice to have a case of them ready to use........ I tried to order the Tesco ones online and the Manager in Maynooth cancelled the order, if you go over a certain number of any item I think it gets flagged as a possible resale?

http://www.mothercare.ie/graco-contour-electra-travel-cot-benny-bell.html 70 euro for the Graco Contour Electra travel cot.
    I think that is a pretty good deal.

Lidl in greenhills have a few tommee tippee microwave sterilisers for €5 and baby boy puffy hooded jackets 12-18 months for €2.50. They are in clearance section with €10 and €5 stickers but everything in bin is half the marked price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Millem wrote: »
    Lidl in greenhills have a few tommee tippee microwave sterilisers for €5 and baby boy puffy hooded jackets 12-18 months for €2.50. They are in clearance section with €10 and €5 stickers but everything in bin is half the marked price!

My partners sister bought one of those jackets for my boy for next winter, they're lovely!

nikpmup wrote: »
    My partners sister bought one of those jackets for my boy for next winter, they're lovely!

Looked very cosy! They also had the kids raingear waterproof dungaree type things and jackets. Didn't see the price though!

Came across this baby elegance travel system for €269 with free delivery http://www.everythingbaby.ie/index.php/out-about/travel-systems/baby-elegance-pebble-travel-system.html

Anyone know when the pampers are going to be BOGoF again?

Tommee tippee steriliser http://www.toys.ie/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-to-Nature-Steam-Steriliser-!115126-prd.aspx
    I have this one and it's great but you need to buy a bottle brush. I got one in dealz which is brilliant for €1.49

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I am going to guess Saturday 3rd May or Sunday 4th may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Usually around child benefit time. Probably the weekend after next :)

Tommee tippee steriliser http://www.toys.ie/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-to-Nature-Steam-Steriliser-!115126-prd.aspx
    I have this one and it's great but you need to buy a bottle brush. I got one in dealz which is brilliant for €1.49

But sure wouldn't you need a bottle brush anyway???
    It's not a bad steriliser though. Mine packed in after only 8 weeks and brought it back to mothercare who replaced it no problem even though I had bought it over 6 months previously. The second one is fine so far...hopefully it was a one off. At the time it packed in my girls were really bad with reflux so feeding small amounts regularly - I was making 16-20 bottles per day so the last thing I needed was for the steriliser to die! At least with a microwave one that won't happen but my microwave isn't big enough :(

A word of advice if you get an electric steriliser...have a bottle of Milton and a cold water steriliser or a basin as back up in case of a fault or power cut! I would have been snookered if I hadn't had a cold water steriliser when mine broke.

oh and it needs very regular descaling - as in once a week for me maybe fortnightly if you have only one baby!

But sure wouldn't you need a bottle brush anyway???
    It's not a bad steriliser though. Mine packed in after only 8 weeks and brought it back to mothercare who replaced it no problem even though I had bought it over 6 months previously. The second one is fine so far...hopefully it was a one off. At the time it packed in my girls were really bad with reflux so feeding small amounts regularly - I was making 16-20 bottles per day so the last thing I needed was for the steriliser to die! At least with a microwave one that won't happen but my microwave isn't big enough :(

A word of advice if you get an electric steriliser...have a bottle of Milton and a cold water steriliser or a basin as back up in case of a fault or power cut! I would have been snookered if I hadn't had a cold water steriliser when mine broke.

oh and it needs very regular descaling - as in once a week for me maybe fortnightly if you have only one baby!
    Of course you need a bottle brush but most sterilisers come with them. I got this exact one in argos and they advertised it came with a brush but it doesn't
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3768765/Trail/searchtext%3ESTERILISER.htm
    In fact the other tommee tippe steriliser packages come with them e.g. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3764996/Trail/searchtext%3ESTERILISER.htm Mine is going great and in the first 4 weeks it was getting put on 3 times a day as was combo feeding. You need to make sure you put in enough water in it

Of course you need a bottle brush but most sterilisers come with them. In fact some of the other tommee tippe steriliser packages come with them. Mine is going great and in the first 4 weeks it was getting put on 3 times a day as was combo feeding. You need to make sure you put in enough water in it too

Usually you only get a brush if you buy a kit, don't you? Mine was part of a kit and had a brush but it was crap the handle kept falling off! So bought a €1.50 one from supervalu. Mine was on around 6-8 times a day. Its hardly rocket science to put in enough water...its marked on their bottles how much to put in. I am using less bottles now and am hoping ilthe replacement one continues to work. The steam sterilisers can stain the bottles though - I have a few a scorched colour as a result. Needless to say they are the 'at home' bottles! I only bring the least scorched ones out in public. Looks gross.

Usually you only get a brush if you buy a kit, don't you? Mine was part of a kit and had a brush but it was crap the handle kept falling off! So bought a €1.50 one from supervalu. Mine was on around 6-8 times a day. Its hardly rocket science to put in enough water...its marked on their bottles how much to put in. I am using less bottles now and am hoping ilthe replacement one continues to work. The steam sterilisers can stain the bottles though - I have a few a scorched colour as a result. Needless to say they are the 'at home' bottles! I only bring the least scorched ones out in public. Looks gross.

I got this exact one in argos and it was advertised that it came with a bottle brush and it doesn't that's why I said it. I thought you mentioned before about someone not putting enough water in yours but I must been mistaken. Anyway the price in smyths is a good deal :)

I got this exact one in argos and it was advertised that it came with a bottle brush and it doesn't that's why I said it. I thought you mentioned before about someone not putting enough water in yours but I must been mistaken. Anyway the price in smyths is a good deal :)

Nah first time it acted up I wondered if Daddy had put too much water in because it took longer than it should to do a cycle the same problem happened on and off when I used it. Would take almost 15 mins to run a cycle. Of course my first thought was to blame daddy but for once he wasn't to blame ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone know the difference between pampers newborn and pampers babydry? The newborn never seem to be on a decent sale but our LO is only still in size 1 so we have to get them. They're nice tho. Was wondering to start using baby dry size 2 or newborn 2 when she puts on another pound or 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I only really needed the baby dry when for when they slept more than 6 hours.

I used the size 3 newborn until they were over 6 month as they were so soft and thin

there's more elastic in the sides of the baby dry

once the tabs are within an inch of each other when closed. you're awhile off the next size

cal the pampers helpline they are briliant

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I only really needed the baby dry when for when they slept more than 6 hours.

I used the size 3 newborn until they were over 6 month as they were so soft and thin

there's more elastic in the sides of the baby dry

Thanks. O yea sorry I know the baby dry have more absorbency. Perhaps I should've said simply dry. Just really wondering what's different about the newborn ones? Is it that they are softer? They are never BOGOF..... :(..., so end up being pretty expensive compared to the others.

Thanks. O yea sorry I know the baby dry have more absorbency. Perhaps I should've said simply dry. Just really wondering what's different about the newborn ones? Is it that they are softer? They are never BOGOF..... :(..., so end up being pretty expensive compared to the others.

I find the baby dry better than newborn. I don't think pampers newborn size 1 and 2 are worth the money. I got them from amazon and then used aldi and boots which were both brill. Now I use baby dry and active fit as we are in size 3.

Thanks. I have some packs of babydry size 2 so maybe I will just use them when she fits and not bother buying the newborn 2.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I have some packs of babydry size 2 so maybe I will just use them when she fits and not bother buying the newborn 2.

I only used 2 packs of size 1 pampers also had a size 1 tesco but found they just leaked :( then moved to size 2. I tried one pack of the pampers newbaby sensitive ones and they were my favourite! I used aldi at night because they have so much padding and he was a great sleeper :) did you sign up to tesco baby club as they will send you out money off coupons for the pampers sensitive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

On the tesco website there are offers on Pampers at the minute. Newbaby size 2 as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Anyone know the best price for the Tiny Love 3in1 rocker atm?

January wrote: »
    Anyone know the best price for the Tiny Love 3in1 rocker atm?

They go up and down on amazon. A friend of mine got two inc delivery for £100. I paid €99 each for mine in smyths cos needed them urgently and couldn't hold out for an offer on amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah baby is due on Sunday and my sister and sister in law are buying it as a present for us but I don't want them spending over the odd's either... They will prob just go to Smyths. It was only 89 last week but back up to 99 this week.

January wrote: »
    Yeah baby is due on Sunday and my sister and sister in law are buying it as a present for us but I don't want them spending over the odd's either... They will prob just go to Smyths. It was only 89 last week but back up to 99 this week.

It was 79 on Amazon yesterday .
    Amazon.com had it cheaper incl taxes and charges a few weeks ago though so 89 euro sounds good .

There are a few second hand ones available on adverts.ie

Dunnes stores are doing 20% off everything online, ends midnight on Easter Sunday http://www.dunnesstores.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

You can get an extra 10% off Mothercare online with the code XSUN when you spend over €100. offer ends sunday midnight. also has free shipping

Just got a cosatto stroller for €180 when everywhere else its minimum 230.

:)

You can get an extra 10% off Mothercare online with the code XSUN when you spend over €100. offer ends sunday midnight. also has free shipping

Just got a cosatto stroller for €180 when everywhere else its minimum 230.

:)

Was just about to post this! Making the Maclaren quest €180 and the britax dual fix car seat €392 Also the quinny buzz bundle €540 inc car seat and isofix (just saw isofix is out of stock)

• Advertisement
Advertisement