Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The two Aldi branches in Wexford town were sold out of the bouncer and high chair by 1.30pm today.

Got some of the smaller stuff and the carrycot was still in stock in both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Aldi in celbridge didn't get a delivery of the baby grows and vests, they should be in for Sunday I was told.
    We got lots of stuff today, a bouncer, it's grand we got it as a spare for my parents, a high chair, really good quality and sturdy too. They have 100 nappies in a box for €10 from size 3 up, we got little food pot containers, spoons, sip beakers, toys, cot sheets, plate and bowl sets, the 3 stack drawers and two storage boxes, all came to around €130. We were over at 9 when it opened and my dad headed over around 12 or 1 and said all the high chairs and bouncers were gone
    They seem to have these events every couple of months, great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Aldi in celbridge didn't get a delivery of the baby grows and vests, they should be in for Sunday I was told.
    We got lots of stuff today, a bouncer, it's grand we got it as a spare for my parents, a high chair, really good quality and sturdy too. They have 100 nappies in a box for €10 from size 3 up, we got little food pot containers, spoons, sip beakers, toys, cot sheets, plate and bowl sets, the 3 stack drawers and two storage boxes, all came to around €130. We were over at 9 when it opened and my dad headed over around 12 or 1 and said all the high chairs and bouncers were gone

I worked out the nappies would be more expensive than pampers when they are on BOGOF. I think the Highchair looks very similar to the mamas and papas ones which are really sturdy
    http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-bon-bon-highchair-pears/4003h3000/type-i/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Most of the items in the link are still in my local Aldi since the last time they were in, all the baby grows and tommee tippee bottles and feeding stuff is reduced to half price with the red stickers.

The Avent stuff is 25% off, €9.99 for the starter set.

Loads of sleep suits and vests and all in one pram suits left at half price too but mostly in sizes under 6 months. Aldi in Waterford by the way.

Millem wrote: »
    I worked out the nappies would be more expensive than pampers when they are on BOGOF. I think the Highchair looks very similar to the mamas and papas ones which are really sturdy
    http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-bon-bon-highchair-pears/4003h3000/type-i/

Yeah it probably is cheaper, I don't like the pampers, they always leak for me, so aldi suit my little guy best, it's just they never have boxes of nappies, only the plastic packs of 50 for €6.49 or so, so a bit of a saving if you use the aldi ones ;)
    The high chair is very similar to the mamas and papas one, im delighted with it, and sure for €24 euro you can't go wrong.

Yeah it probably is cheaper, I don't like the pampers, they always leak for me, so aldi suit my little guy best, it's just they never have boxes of nappies, only the plastic packs of 50 for €6.49 or so, so a bit of a saving if you use the aldi ones ;)
    The high chair is very similar to the mamas and papas one, im delighted with it, and sure for €24 euro you can't go wrong.

I found aldi size 2 fab! Haven't tried their size 3s yet!

I found aldi size 2 fab! Haven't tried their size 3s yet!

I started on the size 2's and found them great too, can't fault the size 3's either, we got a gift of size 3 pampers, so we are using both and I've had to change his outfit so many times with them as they are leaking so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Tesco has individual packs of waterwipes on sale for €2 at the moment and they're usually €2.99 so good bargain if you use those wipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Tescp also have 4 packs of Huggies pure wipes for 4.45 .. cheapest I've seen in a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Great value is right.
    We started potty training over Easter weekend and got this potty in Tesco costing €10 http://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=277530835

Got the Aldi potty as a spare for €3.50 it is exactly the same as the Tesco one, except Aldi potty comes with nice animal stickers on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

SuperValu Baby and Toddler event starting 1st May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Has anyone seen the big boxes of either Fairy non-bio or Persil non-bio on offer anywhere, by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Has anyone seen the big boxes of either Fairy non-bio or Persil non-bio on offer anywhere, by any chance?

I've thrown our the super valu booklet but I think I saw the big box Fairy non bio in it for €9. I need to get some myself so it's annoying me now as to whether that's where I saw it. Think it's in the baby event so May 1st would be the date.

Roesy wrote: »
    I've thrown our the super valu booklet but I think I saw the big box Fairy non bio in it for €9. I need to get some myself so it's annoying me now as to whether that's where I saw it. Think it's in the baby event so May 1st would be the date.

Was just about to say supervalu! I saw big boxes of persil non bio half price 50 washes for €10.07 (ends today as new deals are in tomorrow!) and big liquid bottles of fairy I think 45 washes €9. I prefer powder detergent. I am trialling aldi non bio almat and I have to say it's excellent. There is a garage on the southside (spa well) that have massive boxes of fairy I think it's either 90 washes for €14 or 60 washes for €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Roesy wrote: »

Its the bottle of fairy non bio liquid thats 9euro in supervalu - 45 washes.
    I usually go to the local co-op and buy the massive boxes that last about a year!!! they are only about 20 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Boots Baby Event, most nappies are 3 for 2 :) Also reductions on Aptamil and some other things too :)

silly wrote: »
    Its the bottle of fairy non bio liquid thats 9euro in supervalu - 45 washes.
    I usually go to the local co-op and buy the massive boxes that last about a year!!! they are only about 20 euro.

I don't know what a co-op is. :o Do they exist in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

Has pampers baby dry regular price gone up? Used to be 14.99, seen it above 15€ in a couple of places already(?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I could be COMPLETELY wrong but I'd consider a co-op to be like a hardware shop but has a bit of everything like dog/animal foods etc.?!

I think those co-ops are agriculture/farmers shops. I know they sell lots of things for animals much cheaper eg wormers etc. You always see them in country towns! Never seen one in dublin though.

Boots Baby Event, most nappies are 3 for 2 :) Also reductions on Aptamil and some other things too :)

I know number 1 milk is never on offer but I just saw boots have aptamil comfort for €12 in tesco it's €15!

uli84 wrote: »
    Has pampers baby dry regular price gone up? Used to be 14.99, seen it above 15€ in a couple of places already(?)

Yes I saw them in tesco for €15.50! Hopefully on Sunday they will be BOGOF, as I got sent a €12 off €60 code and a free delivery code for online shopping!

Supervalu have the large bags of pampers baby dry BOGOF from today €15.50

Was just up in Supervalu, they have the 5.95kg family boxes of Persil Non-Bio for a tenner, I bought four boxes! I'm usually pretty crap at keeping track of prices of these things, but that seems like a great price to me!

Didn't buy a whole lot of baby stuff, just a couple of Ella's Pouches at 20% off. They had all the Tommee Tippee feeding stuff discounted, but not by a whole lot, and tbh a plactic bowl is a plastic bowl, I reckon I'll just get a few bits in the pound shop when the time comes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I know number 1 milk is never on offer but I just saw boots have aptamil comfort for €12 in tesco it's €15!

Thats because they can't 'promote' formula feeding. They can only di special offers on special formulas like comfort or stay down or toddler milk. Its also why on the tv ads its always toddler milk not infant milk - its not allowed.

Thats because they can't 'promote' formula feeding. They can only di special offers on special formulas like comfort or stay down or toddler milk. Its also why on the tv ads its always toddler milk not infant milk - its not allowed.

Yes I know that. Comfort formula is not "on offer" €12 is the normal price in boots. They are also cheaper for the little ready made bottles of first milk

I actually hate that. Myself, and the majority of formula-feeding mothers I know, are only doing it because breastfeeding didn't work for us. Yes we KNOW the benefits etc, we already feel bad about it not working out, we don't need to be constantly reminded about how breast-is-best etc!

Like on the SMA website, to even look at their products, you have to click on a disclaimer about how you should be breastfeeding. And even the fact that the formula is called "breast-milk substitute" ... it annoys me. My boy is perfectly happy and healthy on formula, we are so lucky that the science is there to provide us with this perfectly sufficient alternative. We shouldn't be made feel bad about it!

My mum had seven kids, five of whom she breastfeed. The last two just refused to! So she certainly wasn't lacking in knowledge, but it just didn't work out, and they turned out no better or worse than the rest of us.

/rant over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hotpants10

Completely agree chattastrophe. This annoys me so much. Formula is bloody expensive, so unfair that it's never on offer. As if a breastfeeding mother is going to say "oh look formula is on offer, sure I won't bother breastfeeding so". I think it's actually getting to the point where formula feeding mothers are treated very unfairly :(

back on topic, maternity clothes in lidl from 5th.

Hotpants10 wrote: »
    Completely agree chattastrophe. This annoys me so much. Formula is bloody expensive, so unfair that it's never on offer. As if a breastfeeding mother is going to say "oh look formula is on offer, sure I won't bother breastfeeding so". I think it's actually getting to the point where formula feeding mothers are treated very unfairly :(

back on topic, maternity clothes in lidl from 5th.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-F7DE56AF-B599B28A/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=138
    I wonder if it's the top and bottoms for the "babies trousers" €3.99 as it says 2pack or just 2 pairs of bottoms? Great value if so and very handy. They are 0-24 months. Actually I think it's 2 pairs of bottoms as the top looks like the long sleeved bodysuit

• Advertisement

There is a chemist near me in celbridge called chemco that sells aptimal number 1 milk (not sure about other numbers) for €10.59 and it's not on offer, its that price all the time,thought that price was amazing since its €12.69 in every super market. I think it's a chain of chemists so ye should check it out if there is one near you, they have pampers nappies for lower prices too for anyone who uses them.

Gee_G wrote: »
    I could be COMPLETELY wrong but I'd consider a co-op to be like a hardware shop but has a bit of everything like dog/animal foods etc.?!

Yes, a co -op is generally a farmers shop - Dairy Gold have 2 co-ops near me where you can buy, milk, cheese and butter cheaper than shops. And they also sell large muilti packs of kitchen roll etc and cleaning supplies etc - i bought a large tub of the fairy non bio in there before my baby was born and it lasted a year. it was about 25euro. I am nearly finished a box of Surf now that was about 17 euro.
    There is another co-op called Bandon Co-op near me too, which has loads of lovely stuff for the home, and all that cleaning stuff too - cheaper than in shops.

Hmmm I'll be driving Dublin-Sligo and back again next weekend, does anyone know of any co-ops along the route at all?

There is a chemist near me in celbridge called chemco that sells aptimal number 1 milk (not sure about other numbers) for €10.59 and it's not on offer, its that price all the time,thought that price was amazing since its €12.69 in every super market. I think it's a chain of chemists so ye should check it out if there is one near you, they have pampers nappies for lower prices too for anyone who uses them.

There is one near me in bandon alright. got pampers in there alright - wasnt sure if i was getting a bargain or not - as i dont normally buy pampers.

Here is a list of co op in ireland - from the IFA (irish Farmers association)
    I would ring them before you go to them just incase - i am not familiar with other types of co ops - only the ones here in munster

http://apps.ifa.ie/ifa/media/agrilinks/Agricultural%20Co-operatives1.pdf

There is one near me in bandon alright. got pampers in there alright - wasnt sure if i was getting a bargain or not - as i dont normally buy pampers.

not sure to be honest, I use aldi nappies. I know they are cheaper per pack than the super markets, but then I'm not sure if they do buy one get one free or 2 for a certain amount which would work out cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

Pampers nappies large packs only €7 in Dunnes, they're flying out the door. I got size 4 baby dry, 62 in the pack.

not sure to be honest, I use aldi nappies. I know they are cheaper per pack than the super markets, but then I'm not sure if they do buy one get one free or 2 for a certain amount which would work out cheaper in the long run.

Pampers baby dry large packs BOGOF are cheaper than aldi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Not exactly an infant/toddler bargain, but I picked up these in Aldi today:
    W1814_PD_Thursday_UK16.jpg

Dead handy for laundry, toy and clothes storage.

Here is a list of co op in ireland - from the IFA (irish Farmers association)
    I would ring them before you go to them just incase - i am not familiar with other types of co ops - only the ones here in munster

http://apps.ifa.ie/ifa/media/agrilinks/Agricultural%20Co-operatives1.pdf

If there is no 'co-op' in your area check out facebook. There are loads of mobile shops selling stuff like catering size boxes of tea bags and coffee, large tubs of washing powder, large bags of toilet rolls, bags broken biscuits, catering rolls tin foil etc. Generally its not 'hot' its just that they are bought in bulk with jyst a small margin added on and because no overheads can sell cheaper. Now what they pay the tax man I don't kniw ;) I have a chap comes to me regularly. This month I got 195 wash liquid fairy non-bio for €20, the fabric softener thats €9 in supervalu I got for €8 and a huge box of fairy dishwasher tabs for €10.

• Advertisement

Guineys online are doing free delivery on all orders till may 6th

Guineys online are doing free delivery on all orders till may 6th

just had a look, they have some nice stuff, they have sun canopys that fit all prams, buggies and car seats if anyone is looking for them, I just ordered one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

This thread is all sorts of helpfulness. Cheers guys

just had a look, they have some nice stuff, they have sun canopys that fit all prams, buggies and car seats if anyone is looking for them, I just ordered one.

I got a few bits....the sun blind is grand for €16.99 and you can leave it on and just roll it up. Also got babybanz swimming knicks for €7.50 or something. Slightly big for my two at the moment but will be grand in a month or so. For anyone with older kids they have babybanz sunglasses for 2+ years cheapest i have seen them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Nature-Perfect/dp/B00BG6304A/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1399064020&sr=8-10&keywords=tommee+tippee

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep
    by Tommee Tippee
    4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (214 customer reviews)
    RRP: £99.99
    Price: £49.48 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
    You Save: £50.51 (51

Moonbeam wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Nature-Perfect/dp/B00BG6304A/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1399064020&sr=8-10&keywords=tommee+tippee

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep
    by Tommee Tippee
    4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (214 customer reviews)
    RRP: £99.99
    Price: £49.48 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
    You Save: £50.51 (51

Omg everyone who formula feeds should have one of these. Without a doubt our best baby buy :)

Omg everyone who formula feeds should have one of these. Without a doubt our best baby buy :)

its gone back up to £85

its gone back up to £85

It was back to 69 this morning, was not reduced much for long !

lidl are having a baby event on the 5th. they have the long body pillows again for €10. without a doubt this was the best thing I bought during my pregnany. it bends easily so can wrap around you or ve a v pillow. I was in hospital for a month before the birth and it was the only thing that saved me from a month of no sleep on horrible uncomfortable hospital beds.it was great after too and I used it as a nursing pillow - more thanthe expensive twin one I bought actually. if you're pregnant do yourself a favour and buy this - one of the best ways you can spend a tenner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Can't see the pillow on their specials page?

Advertisement