Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It was back to 69 this morning, was not reduced much for long !

I would pay €1000 for it! Absolutely life changing! I was out and about today and had to make a bottle the normal way boiling kettle letting it cool for 30 mins adding formula then frantically trying to cool it so baby could drink it while he screamed his head off! Trauma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Can't see the pillow on their specials page?

my friend works there and said they were due in for the love your bump promo but a lot of stores already have them and have them out on the shop floor. Not sure if all branches have them out yet but my local one had them.

Tesco have large packs of pampers baby dry BOGOF from tomorrow €15.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Millem wrote: »
    I would pay €1000 for it! Absolutely life changing! I was out and about today and had to make a bottle the normal way boiling kettle letting it cool for 30 mins adding formula then frantically trying to cool it so baby could drink it while he screamed his head off! Trauma

I didn't know this existed :eek: Bit late to buy now as bubba is already 5 months.

He doesn't like to wait for his bottles either so we have always made more than one at a time and refrigerate until needed, then (shock, horror!) heat briefly in microwave. It hasn't done him any harm though - he's growing like there's no tomorrow!

I didn't know this existed :eek: Bit late to buy now as bubba is already 5 months.

He doesn't like to wait for his bottles either so we have always made more than one at a time and refrigerate until needed, then (shock, horror!) heat briefly in microwave. It hasn't done him any harm though - he's growing like there's no tomorrow!

same here. my two wouldn't even wait the 30 secs for the microwave so this machine wouldn't have helped really! now I know them better I can usually preempt a hungry squeal! I used to make bottles the official way with cooled water but then changed formula and the instructions were to use chilled water to make it which made life so much easier! weird thing is I cant understand how on the one hand the water needs to be 70 degrees but for another formula made in the same factory chilled water is fine :confused: my GP actually recommended having a stash of cooled boiled water in the fridge at all times for emergencies so each time I made bottles I would keep one bottle of just water spare. came in great for the odd time you would run out or if you needed to give them a drink of water or clean their eyes or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Yep that's exactly what we do, it's working out fine for us. I had a look at a demo of the perfect prep thing on YouTube, I guess I can see how it would be handy if you're making up bottles one at a time, but I couldn't be arsed with that, I don't know many who do it.

We usually use readymade bottles when out of the house - so handy!

Yep that's exactly what we do, it's working out fine for us. I had a look at a demo of the perfect prep thing on YouTube, I guess I can see how it would be handy if you're making up bottles one at a time, but I couldn't be arsed with that, I don't know many who do it.

We usually use readymade bottles when out of the house - so handy!

Today my prob was we had a 1 hour drive then we went straight out for lunch which took 90mins so when I got back to my parents house I had to boil kettle etc. I was afraid to bring a premade bottle as I didn't know if the lasted 3 hours out of the fridge. Our machine takes less than 2 mins to make 9ozs (even less if you had pre measured out the formula) and he is totally grand waiting. I used to make them up one at a time before the machine and at night I used the premade cartons, which worked out expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

lidl are having a baby event on the 5th. they have the long body pillows again for €10. without a doubt this was the best thing I bought during my pregnany. it bends easily so can wrap around you or ve a v pillow. I was in hospital for a month before the birth and it was the only thing that saved me from a month of no sleep on horrible uncomfortable hospital beds.it was great after too and I used it as a nursing pillow - more thanthe expensive twin one I bought actually. if you're pregnant do yourself a favour and buy this - one of the best ways you can spend a tenner!

+ 1 on this! I got one of these too, could not recommended it enough, made sleeping so much easier, and great length too. I missed sleeping with it after I had the baby.

Definitely worth the €10, the price of the pregnancy pillows in mother care and places like that are unbelievably over priced.

Today my prob was we had a 1 hour drive then we went straight out for lunch which took 90mins so when I got back to my parents house I had to boil kettle etc. I was afraid to bring a premade bottle as I didn't know if the lasted 3 hours out of the fridge.

But you don't need to keep them in the fridge?

Edit - sorry I thought you meant readymade!

But you don't need to keep them in the fridge?

Edit - sorry I thought you meant readymade!

When I premake bottles I thought they only last for maybe 1 hour outside the fridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

When I premake bottles I thought they only last for maybe 1 hour outside the fridge?

It says discard within two hours on the packs of formula.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tesco have large packs of pampers baby dry BOGOF from tomorrow €15.50

SuperValu have them at the moment .

Yep sorry edited my post, thought you were talking about the bottles you buy made up!

Roesy wrote: »
    It says discard within two hours on the packs of formula.

again I have been told by my GP that it only applies if you have them at room temp for 2 hrs. if they are chilled from the fridge and then you keep them in a cooler bag then you have until 2 hrs after it reaches room temp. Having said that the odd time a bottle has gone over the 2 hr mark and I've used it. not hours and hours but a half an hour ir so once it was sealed and not near heat or anything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Can't see the pillow on their specials page?

Guineys has some pillows that might be suitable and free delivery till the 6th march
    http://guineys.ie/bed-bath/duvets-pillows/corovin-v-shape-pillow.html
    http://guineys.ie/bed-bath/duvets-pillows/bolster-pillow.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

^^^^

Its the bolter one I got 3 years ago, still going strong as a long pillow under both our pillows in bed. We are pillow fiends. All that laid back BFing made me discover new slouch positions.

I wonder if the tommee tippee machine works for other bottles?

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    ^^^^

Its the bolter one I got 3 years ago, still going strong as a long pillow under both our pillows in bed. We are pillow fiends. All that laid back BFing made me discover new slouch positions.

I wonder if the tommee tippee machine works for other bottles?

Yes it works with any bottles. The minimum amount it can make is 4oz and maximum is 11 ozs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Tesco have waterwipes for €2. They also have a 5 pack 'value pack' that works out at €2.50 a pack. Crazy. In getting my buy one get one free on the pampers :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Some independent pharmacies seem to have waterwipes on offer at the moment too at €2 so be sure to try them for baby stuff if not near a tesco.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

For anyone with pumped buggy tyres, put one of these in the bottom of the changing bag or the car.

It has a psi indicator so you're less lightly to burst your tyre through under / over inflation.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-4th-may/products-detail-page/ps/p/mini-bicycle-pump/

that just links to store opening hours. cheapest highchair I can see online is the antilop for €15 without the tray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Dunnes had Johnson sensitive wet wipes (the white packets) 5 for five euro packs on yesterday.they come around bout every 7 weeks or so, so stock up!.

that just links to store opening hours. cheapest highchair I can see online is the antilop for €15 without the tray

Go in to IKEA family .

Go in to IKEA family .

nope, still can't see it.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/categories/departments/ikea_family_products/

Link works. Are you on an iPhone/android? Offer ends 31st may

Link works. Are you on an iPhone/android? Offer ends 31st may

checked both mobile site and desktop and even logged in with my family member details. weird

Weirdly it wasn't working for me earlier, but it is now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Moonbeams link works for me and brings me to the highchair but Hello Ladys just brings me to the store site.

Well this is it, for anyone who can't see it! :)

I found these Baby neoprene wetsuits approx €12 inc delivery on ebay. They look great and money back if you are not happy. Definately the cheapest price I have found :)http://www.ebay.ie/itm/121104309706?redirect=mobile
    They also sell them on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00C70ELHY?vs=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I picked one up over the weekend. They had plenty of the highchairs in stock at €10 but had no trays on Sunday or Monday. Might be worth giving it a few days/week if you're planning on picking one up with the tray.

Great highchair, especially at the price.

I had the same experience! Was raging. The amount of highchairs they had don't know why they didn't match the no of trays. Had a rant at my husband and immediately started laughing at myself :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

I'm going to be driving to the UK soon so was just thinking was there anything worth while stocking up on over there. I'm gonna refill the cabinet but is there anything else anyone can think of that's much cheaper over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have to echo Captain Morgan- if you imagine you're going to fill the car with bargain finds- unfortunately you're in for an unpleasant surprise. Quite often a majority of things are cheaper here. Lots of people from Northern Ireland come down here to do their grocery shopping. And if you are driving to the UK- make sure you fill up your tank with petrol or diesel before you leave here- its about 20% cheaper here than in the UK..........

Generally I find groceries cheaper but for baby stuff it is much the same .
    I compare boots.ie and .co.uk , and Amazon deliver here .
    Sainsburys own brand nappies are brilliant and asda kids clothes are great .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Cheers folks, thought as much just making sure I wasn't missing anything. I'm going for a few weeks which is why I'm bringing the car, if it's much of a muchness then I won't bother stocking up to go over there either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

A big thing- is better ranges of clothes etc- esp. for boys (who seem to be very under catered to here). Sainsburys TU etc- are great.

• Advertisement

A big thing- is better ranges of clothes etc- esp. for boys (who seem to be very under catered to here). Sainsburys TU etc- are great.

I think the asda boys clothes are fab, they delivery to Ireland too I think it's £5.

I just got an email from tesco, large bags of active fit pampers are half price €7.45 until the 16/05/14

M and S have (yet another) sale. It's not the best sale I have ever seen but they have reduced their babygrows to dunnes/penneys prices! I find them great for my big baby!!! I also got a lovely dress for my niece. If you spend over €50 you can add two coupons for €15 off, first add SPRING14 then NEWSLETTER5. If you only want to spend €35 NEWSLETTER5 will give you €5 off! Store collection is also free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

M and S have (yet another) sale. It's not the best sale I have ever seen but they have reduced their babygrows to dunnes/penneys prices! I find them great for my big baby!!! I also got a lovely dress for my niece. If you spend over €50 you can add two coupons for €15 off, first add SPRING14 then NEWSLETTER5. If you only want to spend €35 NEWSLETTER5 will give you €5 off! Store collection is also free

On their website, it says the sale is in store only though?

yellow hen wrote: »
    On their website, it says the sale is in store only though?

No ignore that! Go into the category you want and you will see the reductions! They are marked in red. The stuff is flying out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Supervalu have a baby event on at the moment with 2 packs of milupa for €4.50 - they're €3.19 each in my local tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Picked up the Tiny Love 3in1 rocker on adverts for 50 euro in the end :D Delighted with it, it's in perfect condition, now I just have to put the baby in it after his next feed cos he's sleeping soundly in his Moses Basket at the moment.

(not a bargain alert, just a follow up to my request for one :p )

There are loads of lovely mei Tai slings on Amazon for under £30 .

Eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008OAMHCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1399576597&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ha I know the feeling !! Except never use pampers . does anyone get any better then 8c a nappy for decent nappies ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement