Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Ha I know the feeling !! Except never use pampers . does anyone get any better then 8c a nappy for decent nappies ?

Boots own brand when they do 3 for 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There are loads of lovely mei Tai slings on Amazon for under £30 .

Eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008OAMHCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1399576597&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

I bought my one on ebay for €27 incl delivery. Same make as this one. Hoping it arrives tomorrow or Monday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Millem wrote: »
    Boots own brand when they do 3 for 2?

That is where I get them for 8c :)

That is where I get them for 8c :)

Hmmm, I think that's the cheapest tbh unless you have amazon family, some days pampers are crazy crazy cheap. I got the size 2 newborns for probably less than 8c a nappy. We are on size 4s now and I am tempted to buy boots nappies again (we had size 2s) but they never have large bags in store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

cheapest nappies I got were Tesco cheeky bots when they were on offer for €10 per box. got a few boxes of each size. there are 196 nappies in.the size 2 box... €10...5c per nappy!!! amazing bargain and great nappies. they haven't had them at that price in about 9 months....I am keenly looking out in case they do. I have enough 3's to keep me going for a while yet but only got 2 boxes each of the larger sizes and they won't last me long once the time comes.

cheapest nappies I got were Tesco cheeky bots when they were on offer for €10 per box. got a few boxes of each size. there are 196 nappies in.the size 2 box... €10...5c per nappy!!! amazing bargain and great nappies. they haven't had them at that price in about 9 months....I am keenly looking out in case they do. I have enough 3's to keep me going for a while yet but only got 2 boxes each of the larger sizes and they won't last me long once the time comes.

I see them in Tescos sometimes but they are €28.50 I think :( we are on size 4s now so less nappies in each pack. Have tried lidl and no complaints but haven't tried them overnight yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am using size 3 as the example .

I am using size 3 as the example .

even on the size three those cheeky bots were just over 5c per nappy. €38 per box is the normal price but usually will get them on offer for €28 which is about 15c per nappy which isn't brilliant but quite reasonable. if it were a choice between them and pampers at the same price I'd go for the cheeky bots every time.

I was never much of a pampers fan but I miss the cream packets of Huggies.
    The Boots ones are great and never leak and no allergic reactions to them . I have never had 2 in nappies for any length of time before so just preparing myself :)

• Advertisement

I was never much of a pampers fan but I miss the cream packets of Huggies.
    The Boots ones are great and never leak and no allergic reactions to them . I have never had 2 in nappies for any length of time before so just preparing myself :)

Aldis are great value for size 1s and 2s and they are great nappies :) I think they are around 9 cent a nappy. I used to aim for 10c a nappy!

Dundrum shopping centre are doing a charity promotion "shop for good" where you buy a coupon for €1 and then get discounts in all the stores. Bella baby are doing 10%, mamas and papas 10%, h and m kids 20%, name it 25%, hamleys 10% etc http://www.dundrum.ie/images/discounts1.png

http://www.dundrum.ie/images/discounts2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Lidls are fine overnight for our little madam. I prefer to use the naty ones but can't really refuse the value of bogof pampers. Had to get lidls in a pinch last week and they're grand but size 3s are a bit bigger than pampers. How long can you expect to get out if size 3s (on average)?

kandr10 wrote: »
    Lidls are fine overnight for our little madam. I prefer to use the naty ones but can't really refuse the value of bogof pampers. Had to get lidls in a pinch last week and they're grand but size 3s are a bit bigger than pampers. How long can you expect to get out if size 3s (on average)?

We didn't get much time in size 3s! I used 2 big packs of baby dry 140 plus 2 packs of active fit 112 so 252 in total , maybe 30ish days and he is only 16 weeks! I had to exchange 4 big packs for size 4! But my friend's 6 month old is still in size 3s so I think it depends on baby! Size 4s are prefect on him now!

Good to know that they'll exchange them at least. Thanks for that!

Good to know that they'll exchange them at least. Thanks for that!

I swapped them in my superquinn/supervalue no probs :)

• Advertisement

Large bags of pampers active fit €7 in dunnes just for today only ! It's their Friday madness

Aldis are great value for size 1s and 2s and they are great nappies :) I think they are around 9 cent a nappy. I used to aim for 10c a nappy!

We found them a bit of a disaster , one of the kids was allergic to them but I used the pull ups for night time when they were older .

It depends but normally up to 20lb so the 1st year or so .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

January wrote: »
    Picked up the Tiny Love 3in1 rocker on adverts for 50 euro in the end :D Delighted with it, it's in perfect condition, now I just have to put the baby in it after his next feed cos he's sleeping soundly in his Moses Basket at the moment.

(not a bargain alert, just a follow up to my request for one :p )
    I will have one for sale soon if anyone is interested

On the pack it says 20lbs but for some reason they are too small for my babs who is just over 15lbs. Maybe he just has a big bum lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

We are in 3+ at 5 month's. He is 18lbs. Probably be moving to 4 shortly!

Large bags of pampers active fit €7 in dunnes just for today only ! It's their Friday madness

This is a great deal. Think it's been on all week tho - got it on Monday

closifer wrote: »
    This is a great deal. Think it's been on all week tho - got it on Monday

Last weeks Friday madness lasted till Bank holiday Monday and was baby dry only for €7?

Last weeks Friday madness lasted till Bank holiday Monday and was baby dry only for €7?

Oh sorry active fit - didn't realise.

Oh sorry active fit - didn't realise.

I prefer baby dry because you get more nappies :) still better than half price so you can't argue with that

I prefer baby dry because you get more nappies :) still better than half price so you can't argue with that

Do active fit do 3+ or is it just 3 and 4?

Do active fit do 3+ or is it just 3 and 4?

Yes they defo do 3+ I saw them in supervalue (there is 58 in a pack) when I was swapping nappies! But my dunnes isn't great they always sell out of 3 and 3+ in baby dry and active fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My 'little' baby is 20lbs at 6 months!!

Roesy wrote: »

My 3 year old is only about 30 ;) and my 16 month old about 28:)so she barely made it to size 4 nappies !

Was in store in m and s today, pretty much the same stuff online but Dundrum have nearly all sizes in all stock. They also have boys dungarees (which are reduced on uk site) reduced from €27 and €24 to €19 (which is not a bargain IMHO) I will be stalking the website in about a week at 7 am when I bet they will be up online!
    Moonbeam I got the navy denim dungarees you bought in last sale 12-18m €8ish and a 18-24m €7ish the grey denim were down to €3.60 but I couldnt work out if they were for girls/boys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »

My boy's 21/22lbs! I have to buy a lot of his stuff in size 9-12mths; he's in size 4+ Nappies! They only go up to 6!

Not technically a bargain but you can now convert your tesco vouchers from the clubcard to be used in various departments at a higher value. I had €10 which i converted to give me €20 off clothing. Got a pack of 5vests and two 2packs of babygros with them. Pretty good since €10 off groceries wouldnt amount to much!

Not technically a bargain but you can now convert your tesco vouchers from the clubcard to be used in various departments at a higher value. I had €10 which i converted to give me €20 off clothing. Got a pack of 5vests and two 2packs of babygros with them. Pretty good since €10 off groceries wouldnt amount to much!

I saw that! Does it have to be a minimum of €5? I only got €4.50 :( they have reduced the Winnie the Pooh and tatty teddy babygrows. I wanted to buy the Winnie the Pooh ones just to have as an emergency present!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Was in store in m and s today, pretty much the same stuff online but Dundrum have nearly all sizes in all stock. They also have boys dungarees (which are reduced on uk site) reduced from €27 and €24 to €19 (which is not a bargain IMHO) I will be stalking the website in about a week at 7 am when I bet they will be up online!
    Moonbeam I got the navy denim dungarees you bought in last sale 12-18m €8ish and a 18-24m €7ish the grey denim were down to €3.60 but I couldnt work out if they were for girls/boys!

If they are grey with purple starry top they are for boys I think but great value! I thought would do for boy or girl?

If they are grey with purple starry top they are for boys I think but great value! I thought would do for boy or girl?

They were the ones! One morning they had 9-12 and the next morning 12-18. I would of gotten 12-18 but couldn't figure it out! I love when they have crazy reductions. I get fab stuff for €1.25 eg fleeces and hoodies! Also one direction pjs (for older girls) for €2.40! Another tip is to look not just in baby wear but also young boys/girls as they start from 12 or 18 months. Sometimes you find jeans for €2.50! I go on when I am doing morning feed! There is actually a person on adverts who gets all the bargains and then sells they for much higher prices.

I saw that! Does it have to be a minimum of €5? I only got €4.50 :( they have reduced the Winnie the Pooh and tatty teddy babygrows. I wanted to buy the Winnie the Pooh ones just to have as an emergency present!

Minimum fiver alright. You're so close! Still you'd be as well waiting til next quarter and you could nearly have a tenners worth to spend €20 on clothes. It's so hard to do a full shop in tesco though when it's so dear ! I really don't build up many points at all.

Minimum fiver alright. You're so close! Still you'd be as well waiting til next quarter and you could nearly have a tenners worth to spend €20 on clothes. It's so hard to do a full shop in tesco though when it's so dear ! I really don't build up many points at all.

I think I say in their little booklet that offer is only on for a few weeks? We don't do our main shopping in tesco either so I don't get many points. I know someone who has a tesco visa and they get sooooo many points and they have their gas and electricity with bord gais too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

How does that conversion thing work? I have €15 cash vouchers and then
    More vouchers for specific foods? Is there a way to work it out how
    Much it would be worth?

Sligo1 wrote: »
    How does that conversion thing work? I have €15 cash vouchers and then
    More vouchers for specific foods? Is there a way to work it out how
    Much it would be worth?

Each €5 voucher is worth €10, €10 is worth €20 etc if spent on tesco clothing. If you spend it on food they are just worth the normal value

• Advertisement

Each €5 voucher is worth €10, €10 is worth €20 etc if spent on tesco clothing. If you spend it on food they are just worth the normal value

Brilliant! So €15 is €30? Is that just the cash vouchers? You know the ones
    That might say €1 off tea bags... Can we use these aswell?

no only cash vouchers. plus you have to nominate where you will spend the 'boosted' vouchers. you can choose from clothing, frozen food, electricals I think and one or two others (but not general groceries). so you take your €5/10/15 of normal vouchers, go to customer service, tell them which participating department you want to use them and they will double the value and give you a new voucher which looks like a receipt. you then use that voucher when paying.

No €1 off tea bags is only €1 off those tea bags!

I know someone who has a tesco visa and they get sooooo many points and they have their gas and electricity with bord gais too!

I have a tescp credit card - I use it to pay for my shopping and then I get tesco bank points and normal tesco points. literally as soon as I pay at the till I then internet bank the exact shopping amount from my current account to the visa so as not to incur interest on my grocery shopping!I also pretty much do the same for anything I buy but if I have a big ticket item to buy like flights or something I use the cc even if I have the cash in my visa debit account and immediately pay it off. this month alone I got €25 of vouchers and I only did two smsll grocery shops in tesco - the rest was all tesco bank!

That's good going hello lady! Shame the offers only on a few weeks I was hoping it'd be permanent. I used to use my points on bord gais but I figured the few bits of clothes were needed and €20 off the gas isn't as big a deal as it once was! You get 4times the value of the vouchers in tesco for some restaurants. I can recommend Mao to anyone in Dublin!
    Just on a side note, the babygros I got have the non slip things on the feet. Made me sad to think she's grown up enough to need that! (Though I don't know many 6-9 month olds that's be walking)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Wow! Looks like a bargain! I've just sent this on to my two pregnant best friends, and my sis-in-law for my nephew. Thinking of buying one myself too, to have in my mams house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Agh, wish I knew this existed before we bought our Tripp Trapp. I LOVE the Tripp Trapp because she is right up to the table with us and there isn't loads of nooks and crannies and crevices to clean but this looks like it would do a similar job for so much cheaper.

Boots have 3 for 2 on nappies and bottles etc... While its not as good as the BOGOF on pampers nappies its gret if you get the pampers newborn as these only ever seem to have a couple euro off in the supermarkets...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

surely 3 for 1 is better than BOGOF ? or am i missing something , is it buy 3 get the cheapest free ?

BOGOF = 2 for 1

• Advertisement
Advertisement