Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tesco have the Pampers Mega packs for 15 of your finest Euros at the moment. That's the biggest pack and also the best price per nappy I've encountered since James was born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

gonna pick both sizes of those up tomorrow :| how bad is it that I have to buy a size 3 and a size 5 in nappies :( haha

Get in there early!

I got 3 boxes today, two in the current size and one in the next.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Penny Henry St have some lovely bargains.
    Gorgeous little duffle coats and nice coats reduced to 6 and 8 euro.
    Got a lovely dress for 18-24 months 13 down to 5.
    Wellies inf sizes for 2 euro

Got lovely purple dresses and tights for the girls in penneys in Blanchardstown (well my mum did!) down to €4...

Also two pairs of fleece pj's for Saoirse (9-12 months) not sure if any other sizes for €3!

Moonbeam, do you find that D is a little petite for her age? Addie sometimes still fits into 12-18 month stuff depending on the shop I buy... Saoirse is nearly as tall as her but skinnier! So finding I have to buy nearly same sizes for them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yup she is Petite.
    She wears 18-24 month clothes now but only for that last month or 2.
    I do find Pennys clothes smaller then Dunnes and Next.

If anyone is going to the North and will be near a Sainsbury's, I have a voucher for a Bounty New Family pack. PM me your email address and I'll send it on. (Like our EUMOM packs)

EDIT- it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭seabre

Hi All

I bought a stunning set of bunks from www.libscribs.ie and they gave me 3 vouchers for 25% off their range. Don't really have any friends or family with younger kids so if you pm me I'd be glad to pass them on - Unbelievable furniture , the nicest and most unique I've ever seen.www.libscribs.ie

Das Kitty wrote: »
    If anyone is going to the North and will be near a Sainsbury's, I have a voucher for a Bounty New Family pack. PM me your email address and I'll send it on. (Like our EUMOM packs)

pm on the way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Dunnes are doing all 3 types of Johnson & Johnson wipes for €1.00 each at present.

• Advertisement

6 packs of Pampers Sensitive wipes (63 wipes in each pack) for €4.99 in Tesco at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Nea wrote: »
    3 Pack x 260ml Avent Bottles in Tesco reduced to Half Price of €9.56, I think the smaller bottles were reduced also

I bought some of these this evening but when I opened the box the plastic looks quite cloudy?? Is this normal??

Are they BPA free?

Yes they are BPA free.

My Boots BPA free bottles are a lot less transparent than the ones with BPA I had with my first daughter. It's a softer plastic too. Think it's just the way they are?

Yes I did think the plastic seemed softer too.
    This is my first pregnancy but I used to mind kids a couple of years ago and their bottles had seemed a lot clearer. I thought the bottles I bought looked like they had gone through the dishwasher a few times!!
    Many thanks for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056144461

Kids bedside locker reduced to €18

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes I did think the plastic seemed softer too.
    This is my first pregnancy but I used to mind kids a couple of years ago and their bottles had seemed a lot clearer. I thought the bottles I bought looked like they had gone through the dishwasher a few times!!
    Many thanks for your replies

Yep the new ones do look odd, clear but cloudy.
    Also the newer ones are yellow, they are extra durable and bpa free, but the really look odd. Makes all formula look like breast milk.

http://shop.philips.co.uk/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&Locale=en_GB&SiteID=rpeeub2c&productID=173404500

http://shop.philips.co.uk/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&Locale=en_GB&SiteID=rpeeub2c&productID=124434900

This could be a miss-price,so may change at any time but, Pampers New baby no.2 62pack are 2 for €11.50. Seems very low as 1 pack is €11.49!

http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/412/4015400364412/IDShot_225x225.jpg

Also 12 pack box of Pampers sensitive wipes is €9.24, half price.

http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/332/4015400299332/IDShot_225x225.jpg

valid till the 13/01/11

Peppa Pig pjs 7 euro down to 3 )prob only age 2 up)
    2 sets of warm cotton pjs 12/13 euro down to 5

Pennys Henry St

Freckles (Liffey st? the street where Hector Greys was,side entraine to Arnotts and m&s on the same road)also has gorgeous dresses with matching coats reduced to 25 euro,all sizes.Loads of different designs.

• Advertisement

Britax b Dual buggy in mother care for 399 (though thought it was 299 in the shop)
    It is nicer then the phil and teds with more options.

Mothercare extreme travel system (249) -
    http://mothercare.ie/ContentBuilder/DisplayPage.aspx?DataId=DA000057&view=detail&ProductID=PR000002&UniqueID=529

I thought that looked like really good value too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Peppa Pig pjs 7 euro down to 3 )prob only age 2 up)
    I paid 10 Euro for them!
    (Still the favourites after 6 months :p)

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110127.index
    Lidl have a few useful baby things coming up.

Might pick up the baby gate... we had a Lindam one but found it didn't fit the stairs properly... Saoirse is crawling now and while Addie knows how to use the stairs (we had a mishap last week where she fell over one of the dogs :| ), little miss is starting to try climb them too!

Those sleeping bags are brilliant. Highly recommended!

Yeah might get a gate too, we have one at the bottom be good to be able to let him down upstairs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Oh thank God! Aidan is getting too big for his other ones and I like having his back nice and warm!

Also I hate how he is able to get into the kitchen and I could never get a gate long enough! And the ones with extensions are fairly costly. So this could be as cheap as 25 with an extension!

dunnes are doing a home safety pack for 6euro in the baby clothes section near the packs of vests etc. Contains press locks, toilet lock, corner things and a few other things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I bought the LIDL safety Gate last time it was out and it's brilliant! Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Supervalu baby and toddler event on now. Jumbo boxes pampers €10, cow & gate formula €7, 4 packs Johnsons wipes €5, bouncers €20 / walkers €30, think theres more but i threw out the flyer

http://www.supervalu.ie/special_offers/babyoffers.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

supervalu are great for baby deals and then if you collect enough reward points - they do brilliant weekends away in hotels for about 220 euro.

Advertisement