Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic writing (Fine Art) - summer course ?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I got my place for Fine Art in DIT, its been a long time since I had to do an any essay writing, let alone academic wrinting for 3rd level college. Is there any course to do in summer time that anyone knows of ? Any other info would be great also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

Congrats on getting accepted!

You might find that DIT offer an extra curricular course in writing and research skills aimed at people in your situation. It was similar for me, I'd studied maths/physics before studying art and hadn't written an essay since school. Books like this one are also useful. I've also found getting involved in some of the more serious forums/threads on boards to be very helpful - it's good practice for getting a mish-mash of ideas whirling around into something reasonably well structured and articulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

as thebaldsoprano as said, DIT may do essay writing workshops at the start of the year. I know they did them at my college, TCD in September.

I'd contact the college, the mature students office would be the best place and ask them.

Well done in getting the place and best of luck with it!

Advertisement