Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor to get rid of free texts?? Any truth to this?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I just saw the following on a Facebook group.. normally I don't pay any attention to these (and the comments on the Wall seem equally cynical), but given the other recent changes with packages/pricing from Meteor,
    I just thought I'd see if anyone here had heard anything similar?
    Meteor have decided to get rid of free texts due to the economic downturn in Ireland. they have put in a request to the communications regulator of Ireland to put this into affect.

Link here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bull sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Ha ha the things people believe :D
    4,757 Members

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Figured as much.. I couldn't see them dropping what is probably their biggest draw, but then in this country anything can happen lately! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

well if they do it everyone will just skip to O2 Experience More or Three's Best of Both or 3Pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Meteor to get rid of free texts?? Any truth to this?

No.

The rubbish spelling and syntax on the Facebook page and the complete lack of source or corroborating evidence should give you all the information you need regarding its credibility.

(Actually, the very fact that its a "We wont take it anymore!!!" Facebook page should be all the reason you need to consider it complete bollocks.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

You got the information from a facebook group? Its certainly wouldnt think its true? Is there a credible source of information..a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

thank this post for a free ipad!!!!!1111!!!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Meteor: Glynn

Hi everyone
    We’re happy to confirm that there is no truth in this.

You can find our real Facebook page at www.facebook.com/meteor for all the latest offers, competitions and fun stuff.

Thanks all
    Meteor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I can't believe that group had nearly 6000 members! One phonecall to Meteor would have sorted that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement