Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #54 - Crack The Skye - Mastodon

Options
  • 20-04-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

The voting for the latest Album of the Week went as follows (only albums with more than one vote are listed):

We had a clear winner this week but I'm delighted to see a lot more votes being cast.

Band
    |
    Album
    |
    Vote Count

Wintersun|Wintersun|2
    Type O Negative|Slow, Deep, And Hard|3
    Clutch|Robot Hive/Exodus|3
    Mastodon|Crack The Skye|5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I wasn't a fan of Mastodon until I heard this album. I listened to it with no expectations and it blew me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

A few good songs. Oblivion and Crack The Skye are great, but it pales in comparison to their past two albums IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Very strong album but I find I have to be in the mood to listen to it. Some memorable solos too, love the one from Divinations

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭new fang

I wasn't a fan of Mastodon until I heard this album. I listened to it with no expectations and it blew me away.
    word for word my opinion on this, brilliant record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

This a definite grower of an album, the 1st few listens nothing really stood out to me but now i think its exceptional.. Oblivian is one of the best songs ive ever heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Every song is brilliant. No fault to be found with it really. Was definitely the album of 2009 and it towers over Blood Mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

This a definite grower of an album, the 1st few listens nothing really stood out to me but now i think its exceptional..

This is what I thought as well the first time I heard it, but was blown away by it but, really is an album that demands attension.

Really love how they went in the opposite direction to all there other albums with a real spacey vibe to it instead of there regular focused attack, which really enhances the theme and story of it.

One of my favourite ablums and one that really got me into Mastodon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

In my humble their weakest release to date,barring one or two tracks it bores me to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Love the way they progressed with this album. Much more enjoyable than the more constant bashings of the other two albums. The Czar is an amazing tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Interesting division of opinion on this album. I found it more accessible than their previous releases and I think it's definitely a grower of an album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

While it my least favourite of their three releases, it still remains head and shoulders over most album releases.

I also love this video, which should be played before every movie in the cinema

Advertisement