Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of re-spray??

• 20-04-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows an approx price to get a small 4x4 re-sprayed in original colour. A small amount of bodywork to do as well but no rust/rot. Just got a quote today and it seemed OK bit I have no clue about this stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

I've a car I'm looking to get resprayed in it's original colour too. I've had prices from 2k to 3.5k plus. If there is a lot of body work needed it will cost more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm thinking around 3k. try and see previous work they've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

baldyshane wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows an approx price to get a small 4x4 re-sprayed in original colour. A small amount of bodywork to do as well but no rust/rot. Just got a quote today and it seemed OK bit I have no clue about this stuff.
    Impossible to say,you would have to see the car to give a price, ive seen some peoples 'small' amount of body work,and belive me it wasnt the same as my 'small' amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Impossible to say,you would have to see the car to give a price, ive seen some peoples 'small' amount of body work,and belive me it wasnt the same as my 'small' amount.

absolutely.... i love the discription of small body work

and how good a finish you want... best finish is achieved by a bare metal re-spray.... but it is very expensive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

I was quoted €3,000 from BMW recently enough for a coupe sized car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Have you tried prices up North as a comparison? They seem to be cheaper for pretty much everything else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Have you tried prices up North as a comparison? They seem to be cheaper for pretty much everything else...

£1500+vat from a place up north, works out at close to €2000.
    I've been told to do a good job would take about 6-8 weeks, strip, fill any problem areas, prime and leave for 3-4 weeks for filler to sink. Fill, prime and sit again for a couple of weeks then paint.

Advertisement