Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Barcelona and Guardiola done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lads i havent seen much of pique , only in the champions league and from wat i have seen his decent enough , why did ferguson sell him though is what i cant get my head around and how much did he go for?

5 million.

Pique wanted to live in Spain and play for his boyhood club. No point standing in the lad's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

what is the story with these threads. It seems you cannot lose a game anymore. Utd get knocked out are utd done, liverpoo have a bad season, are they done.

Tonight inter out smarted barca which i am not at all suprised with mourinho there and i still will not be suprised if barca bounce back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

what is the story with these threads. It seems you cannot lose a game anymore. Utd get knocked out are utd done, liverpoo have a bad season, are they done.

Tonight inter out smarted barca which i am not at all suprised with mourinho there and i still will not be suprised if barca bounce back.

Agree totally,

The title race in england was over too until Saturday evening. Its funny how people get carried away with one result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Agree totally,

The title race in england was over too until Saturday evening. Its funny how people get carried away with one result.

4thFishing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Talk about knee jerk reactions Jesus Christ some of the posts on here in this thread are over the top. Even the thread title, the away goal is the big difference in this tie and at the Nou Camp Barca will be a totally different beast altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Irish people say Americans don't get sarcasm....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

In fairness, they did lose one match and are only barely top of their league.

That's the boards textbook definition of 'done'.

The dream is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ush1 wrote: »
    Irish people say Americans don't get sarcasm....:rolleyes:

well, it is looking very likely that they are a team on the decline, wouldn't you say.

well, it is looking very likely that they are a team on the decline, wouldn't you say.

I already said this season is a decline from last quite a while ago. Not only in terms of trophies but it's already generally acknowledged that they aren't playing as well as last season.

Nice try though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Dunphy was right, it's a poor Champions League this season.

That's because the English teams are out and that's all Dunphy follows or watches. As Capello said, the three new sides in the semis (Inter, Lyon, Bayern) all heavily strengthened their sides in the summer, largely at the expense of Real :D

EDIT - wait were you being sarcastic in the first place? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

poor Champions' League my hole.

it's the strongest in years.

the fact Inter and Bayern have stuck it to England's best, with strengthened teams, Inter have again put it up to Barca; the fact Lyon and Fiorentina beat Liverpool at Anfield...

it all means a fiercely competitive Champions League.

i'm delighted i was wrong and it's not turned into a Barca procession, and that Inter last night showed that there is more to football than Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I hope this is Barcelona crumbling! No wins in their last 2 games; uh-oh! Ronaldo and Co. will be lifting the league trophy despite El Clasicos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

You do realize this is a tongue in cheek thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

You do realize this is a tongue in cheek thread?
    I was being sarcastic!

(sidesteps towards the backdoor, emergency alarm goes off. AH DAMMIT)

I was being sarcastic!

(sidesteps towards the backdoor, emergency alarm goes off. AH DAMMIT)
    Ill take your word on it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Guardiola? Nothin but a bengal lancer Bill!!!!

Didnt Canning come up with some strange comparison with Puyol last year. Was in reference to his hair anyway

Ush1 wrote: »
    Fairly certain it hasn't.
    Doesn't matter the result of this game, Ribery and Govou will still be having a good night out!
    He definitely did. Something about his bohemian looks. Nothing as bad as the time when in reference to Offaly hurler Ger Oakley he said "I wonder does he have a sister called Annie". Still gives me the cold sweats when i recall it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

He definitely did. Something about his bohemian looks. Nothing as bad as the time when in reference to Offaly hurler Ger Oakley he said "I wonder does he have a sister called Annie". Still gives me the cold sweats when i recall it ;)

Annie Oakley??? I dont get it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

sarcasm-detector-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Neil3030 wrote: »
    A draw at the weekend and now tonight's result against Inter?

I think it's safe to say the golden era for Barca is well and truly over.

FFS cop on will you!! Look at the strenght of the team and the youth players making waves coming through.

Mourinho is a tactical genius and yet again proved how shrews and hard-working his teams are.

The 2nd leg is going to be a huge test to the character. Wait until the end of the season before you start writing an epitaph.

Sorry mate, I completely posted in the wrong thread, that was meant for the Bayern v Lyon thread when you said bout CL not being won by manager with 2 seperate clubs!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

FFS cop on will you!! Look at the strenght of the team and the youth players making waves coming through.

Mourinho is a tactical genius and yet again proved how shrews and hard-working his teams are.

The 2nd leg is going to be a huge test to the character. Wait until the end of the season before you start writing an epitaph.

Barca are shíte tbh, can you not see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

:D

How many more times in one thread..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

gimmick wrote: »
    :D

How many more times in one thread..........

Its amusing how many people will read the OP and just hit reply :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Liam O wrote: »
    Barca are shíte tbh, can you not see it?

Yea just a big mess of a team... Messi is a creep and an idiot, xavi just a small headbanger, puyol and pique if that is their real names would look better in a sunday league team.

Mrwillbeback has an awful lot to answer for

Yea just a big mess of a team... Messi is a creep and an idiot, xavi just a small headbanger, puyol and pique if that is their real names would look better in a sunday league team.

Aaaahahahahahahahahahaha. You are killing me.

Would you have a proper read off the thread?

Pep OUT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Nonsense mate, they're finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yea just a big mess of a team

you're a mess.

mwa ha ha.

;)

SlickRic wrote: »
    you're a mess.

mwa ha ha.

;)
    Heres a point. Xavi pulled the strings last night but Messi kept quiet.. Alarm bells Xavi6 I know but who makes the bigger difference to the team? Xavi or Messi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

http://www.tribalfootball.com/barcelona-ace-xavi-furious-mourinho-clash-785871
    Xavi losing the plot. Barcelona just about done. 1 more bad result in the league and ka-boom they go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Best team in the world????? Not even the best team in Barcelona.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

whats a headbanger? is it the new starfish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

massi ferguson (thinks thats the barca players name im thinking of)
    wouldnt even make galway united subs bench never mind the champions league final.
    hes absolutely useless, bless his little hearteen, he'l never make it in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Messi is the PINK PANTHER he's no footballer it's all a ruse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Kirnsy wrote: »
    Best team in the world????? Not even the best team in Barcelona.

You had better believe it..........

Iván de la Peña is Messi's idol!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I think it's also worth noting that:

At age 11, Messi was diagnosed with Growth-Hormone-Deficiency <source>

and

A common symptom of this disorder is the sadistically titled "micropenis". <source>

Infer from this what you wish...

**WARNING - MICROPENIS LINKS TO IMAGES NSFW**

Is that not a normal size one? :confused:

In all seriousness, I dont think tie is beyond Barca. An early goal and they will be right back in it.
    Obviously Pep will need to counteract Inters tactics on Messi. Lad I think is good enough to get a goal at some stage in second leg.

It is far from beyond Barca. The only thing that struck me earlier is that i think this is the first time a Barca side have lost by more than one goal under Guardiola, and have never come back froma 2 goal deficit, so this is most certainly new territory for Pep as a manager and for many of these players who have forgot what it is like to lose a game by a decent margin.

For the players that might actually be a good thing. Remember, winning is as much a habit as losing. Plus, Barcas home record in the CL knock outs is fairly impressive. If I am not mistaken, they have scored 18 (maybe it was 17) goals in their last 5 home knockout games in the competition. In fact, the only time they have scored less than 4 in a home KO match was against Chelsea in the Semi last season. That bodes well for me.

If it is scoreless at 60 mins, whoever scores first after that wins. I really think Barca will score early though, in the opening 15 minutes.

It is far from beyond Barca. The only thing that struck me earlier is that i think this is the first time a Barca side have lost by more than one goal under Guardiola, and have never come back froma 2 goal deficit, so this is most certainly new territory for Pep as a manager and for many of these players who have forgot what it is like to lose a game by a decent margin.

For the players that might actually be a good thing. Remember, winning is as much a habit as losing. Plus, Barcas home record in the CL knock outs is fairly impressive. If I am not mistaken, they have scored 18 (maybe it was 17) goals in their last knockout games in the competition. In fact, the only time they have scored less than 4 in a home KO match was against Chelsea in the Semi last season. That bodes well for me.

If it is scoreless at 60 mins, whoever scores first after that wins. I really think Barca will score early though, in the opening 15 minutes.
    So they seem to be decent enough defensively. Panel I thought seemed to be writing them off a bit last night.
    Time to break up that Gilesie/Dunphy partnership once an for all ;)

I think in those same amount of games in the CL KOs, they have conceded 4.

I would say that the Barca defense is not tested enough for a proper value judgement to be made on it. However, to dismiss it is short sighted, ignorant and belligerent. Barca are very rarely under the cosh, are they? Because they hold so much possesion. They are proof of the best form of defense is offense.

• Advertisement

I think in those same amount of games in the CL KOs, they have conceded 4.

I would say that the Barca defense is not tested enough for a proper value judgement to be made on it. However, to dismiss it is short sighted, ignorant and belligerent. Barca are very rarely under the cosh, are they? Because they hold so much possesion. They are proof of the best form of defense is offense.
    Yes Bryan Hamilton commented on Radio awhile back that the team really works hard as a unit. You look at Inter game and it probably hinged on that challenge on Messi which ultimately led to Inters goal.
    Xavi was not happy about refereering overall and I though there was a case for giving Messi a free there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Rubbish thread, people didn't jump on Arsenals back after Barca humiliated them so why are they doing this to Barca? :pac:

Stop believing so much of what you read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This is the thread that just keeps on giving....

Frisbee wrote: »
    This is the thread that just keeps on giving....

They say it takes a country 1,000 years to develop a sense of irony...

Maybe it takes Boardsies 1,000 posts?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

They say it takes a country 1,000 years to develop a sense of irony...

Maybe it takes Boardsies 1,000 posts?

:)

moar like 10000 tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement