Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moped help.

• 20-04-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hello lads,

im thinking about getting a moped over the next few months or so,just have some quick questions though :

1. Can anyone recommend a cheapish moped that you can still get parts etc for now ? Have been looking on adverts etc and seen some decent bikes for <700. (only looking for a 50cc one,I'm only 16)

2. I know you can't tell me exactly,but roughly,how much would tax/insurance be (considering I am 16 and male)

3. Is there anything that you think I should know before looking into this,have tried to get a quote online but it said I have to ring them for a quote after filling in everything :(.

And is it easy enough to get a provisional licence ? All it is is passing a theory test yeah ? Then passing a driving test for the full licence which I want to get in the future.

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Gilera Runner is a decent moped with plenty of parts.

Tax would be 70-80 max going on big bike rates.

Insurance depends on the figure the person at the insurance company makes up on on the day.

I'd stick with a provisional A1 until you turn 18, then get the A permit and then full licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Thanks for the reply chris.

Just googles gilera runner(don't know anything really about mopeds) and it looks and sounds great.

Don't suppose there's any websites to get quotes from,as I said earlier I tried but it failed after I requested a quote.

Yeah I think I might stick with the provisional for a while,I need to just pass the theory test then yes ? I'll have to look into it ,maybe pass the theory test first then look at buying te bike ,should be able to learn it all from a book or something.

The gilera runner seems more expensive than most mopeds but you get what you pay for don't you.

Thanks for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah just pass the theory test and off you go. The aerox is grand. Loads of them around so should be able to pick up a cheap one. Insurance depends on where you live also. A few years back I knew a few chaps who paid 1014 for insurance on a scootay, that was here in waterford. Dublin you could add on a few hundred to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Ouch that's high enough :P

I'll have to apply for the theory test soon then.....

Advertisement