Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History research review

Options
  • 20-04-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

After being hugely unorganised this entire year I finale got organised in the last two weeks,cept for the history project.Had trouble getting it in and finished ontime before and to the strain of my teacher I finaly had it done,but not one part.

Its to be handed in tomorrow and I've only realised I've still not done my research review and have no idea how to do it.

Any help thanks :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Literally just take your outline plan and go through it but, like, in retrospect if you know what I mean.

Like things like "Well I had originally intended to focus on this aspect but further research made me discover that another aspect was more interesting so I focussed more on that instead"
    or
    "I hadn't intended to write so much about this aspect but as I went along I found that it was vital to the general understanding of the topic"
    and
    "I had real trouble editing my essay down to the word count at the end, but after careful consideration I managed to downsize it and I must agree that it's now more concise and easier to read"
    and
    "I had originally planned to source my books from my local library but they were out of stock, so I ordered them in but they took months to arrive and I became disheartened, so I decided to order them off the internet instead"

etc etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Thanks your a life saver :D

how long does it have to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

300 words (Make sure you include that in the wordcount of your extended essay, I did otherwise! So like 1200 + 300 = 1500 total type of thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Mines only like 100.But My history teacher said that its not included :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seloth wrote: »
    I've only realised I've still not done my research review and have no idea how to do it.
    - how / why you chose your topic
    - how did you find your source material / what couldn't you find, what would have added to your project if it had been available, gaps which therefore still exist ... (don't be afraid to admit to these, professors with 500 page books under their belts will still acknowledge area where sufficient source material isn't available to give a complete account)
    - difficulties you encountered
    - additional skills you learned
    - did you fulfill all the aims you originally set yourself? (generally not, unless you wrote your aims when your project was done :P ... again, nothing to cover up)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

200 words is enough for the review.

Advertisement