Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

These replicas are getting cheaper

• 20-04-2010 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1273654

View2?id=2901331

I dont know lads, it wouldnt be for me but would you not look the muts nuts turning up in this thing if you were 20 odd years old.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

one of the lads around here had one before..

got nothing but slagging for it..convinced most of the women it was a real one though..till a chap in an s15specR showed him up on the motorway!

poor guy..still gets slagged over it today and still claims it was real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

SV wrote: »
    one of the lads around here had one before..

got nothing but slagging for it..convinced most of the women it was a real one though..till a chap in an s15specR showed him up on the motorway!

poor guy..still gets slagged over it today and still claims it was real!

In fairness ,convincing the women at that age is the all important thing. Who cars what the other lads think if he's getting all the action :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Put it this way. the species you'll be trying to impress (and most likely succeeding) won't have a clue it's a Toyota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've seen this one around, well at least i think it's this one. And it's seriously rough looking close up. You wouldn't be fooling many people with it imo, you'd get the slagging of your life for driving the yoke, you'd deserve it too!

that's not the one that lives in Citywest is it?

• Advertisement

I've seen this one around, well at least i think it's this one. And it's seriously rough looking close up. You wouldn't be fooling many people with it imo, you'd get the slagging of your life for driving the yoke, you'd deserve it too!

Is it that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

The MR2 has a shorter distance between the front and rear wheels so side by side with a real 355 the MR2 is a complete give away.

Saw lots of MR2 based Ferraris in the U.K and they for the most part obvious..
    However I did see a 348 bodykitted MR2 that looked very good.

I would not be caught dead in a fake Ferrari though, imagine all the blokes pulling up beside you at the lights realising what it is an "MR2" and sniggering and making smart comments to ya? haha no way my son..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Thought about it once for a brief moment when i was 17. I copped on though thank christ!
    It would be kind've cool. But you just need somebody to make an idiot out of you someplace and you'd never live it down.

Plus what would be the point in having a ferrari without the V8 scream/rumble.

There have being some awful replicas out there with terrible panel gaps

saw a Supra (old 80s model) Ferarri replica in Romania a few years ago. guy had convinced everyone in the village it was real as old Supras are unheard of over there. still had the Toyota rear lights if I remember correctly.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Until your mates tell the women in questions thats its a fake ferrari and just watch how quickly they would walk away.

What kind of women dates you because of the car you drive??? No women worth having around in my opinion....

• Advertisement

mondeo wrote: »
    What kind of women dates you because of the car you drive??? No women worth having around in my opinion....

Don't get all moral on us! probably not looking for wifey material at that stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

the filthy ones do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I would think you would look like a complete twat, just imagine the slagging you would get for driving a MR2 and trying to pass it off as a Ferrari. I know my mates would never let me live it down

Looks better than a Punto with a load of Plastic ****e hanging off it and a no fear sticker on the back window.

Can't believe yere slagging it with the amount of skanger bangers on the roads these days !! :)

Saying that I wouldn't have it, bet it has an almighty amount of squeeks and random noises inside it, not to mention the wind noise/cack handling.

Drove a Modded MR2 before with a bodykit on it, mother of god .. no power steering, it was shocking and smelt like a Green Tree air freshener.

.....the type who dates you because of what you drive , thats who....and my God you'd only want her around for a short while to fulfill a purpose. Oh to be young again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Put it this way. the species you'll be trying to impress (and most likely succeeding) won't have a clue it's a Toyota.

Lovely and all that the seats are ...they probably don't tilt far enough back ...and that middle tunnel is a bit cumbersome too :D

friend of my ex texted to say she'd met this guy and gone back to his, he was dropping her home in a Ferarri. turns out it was a totally standard Mk2 MR2. no need for a bodykit in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

think it is the worst thing you could buy and drive....

but on that see a 360 kit based on a Pug 406 coupe.... very good make.. and expensive

still wont be seen in one...

heres the crowd that did it

http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

But the Punto is not pretending to be anything other than a bucket of crap:D

Maybe not to you but the guy driving it thinks he/shes the shiznat :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Pfft, if it helped get a few more vaginas id drive it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

bazz26 wrote: »

Yeah, note the horrible camera angles...

Id say gaps as wide as wide as the grand canyon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

bazz26 wrote: »

All the angled pictures make me suspicious that it looks terrible up close

KamiKazi wrote: »
    All the angled pictures make me suspicious that it looks terrible up close

I'd say it's as rough as a mangy cat doing the night shift in your wheely bin.

What exactly would one insure that car as? An MR2 with a bodykit? A kit car?
    These kind of things are not popular here so I bet it would be cold day in hell trying to insure it properly without bullsh!tt!ng your way to a quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FearDark wrote: »
    Yeah, note the horrible camera angles...

Id say gaps as wide as wide as the grand canyon.

A bit like the type of women it attracts I'd say..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What kind of women dates you because of the car you drive??? ..

The (Easy-Sleezy) kind every fella wants when they are at that age.:D

There was one of those 355 reps around here for a while. At the same time a friend of mine had a genuine 355 spider.. The rep looked exactly what it said on the tin.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Is it that bad?

The one i saw was THAT bad! I couldn't get over the wheels on the yoke, they weren't spaced out far enough which left a considerable gap between the arches. And there were huge gaps in some of the panels, and to top it off, the engine bay just looked daft, of all the things, i only caught a glimps of it, but it looked like they tried to put there own twist on it to try and show off a fake engine or something. Oh and then there was the sound of it...hardly ferrari V8 material!

The one i saw was THAT bad! I couldn't get over the wheels on the yoke, they weren't spaced out far enough which left a considerable gap between the arches. And there were huge gaps in some of the panels, and to top it off, the engine bay just looked daft, of all the things, i only caught a glimps of it, but it looked like they tried to put there own twist on it to try and show off a fake engine or something. Oh and then there was the sound of it...hardly ferrari V8 material!

Sounded like a glanza did it?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    that's not the one that lives in Citywest is it?

There's no replica Ferrari in Citywest ;)

At least ....I haven't seen one around at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

i have. Tis yellow though and it's a 406 rep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Was one of them in waterford up until a while back. I couldnt walk passed it without laughing at it.

Advertisement