Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Can Chicken

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Tried it before, worked beautifully. Just used a small disposable aluminum tray on the BBQ, put the chicken with a can of Heineken on it, put the cover down and let it roast, as it effectively turns the BBQ into a oven. Think it only took 30-45mins, and the skin browned and crisped up beautifully. Tasted great, and the beer helped the flesh stay moist.

If it's sunny this weekend gonna try it again, and maybe smoke the chicken briefly and brush with a BBQ sauce glaze before roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

have being dying to try this for ages, have chicken in fridge so will have to give it a go tomorrow weather permitting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Found a pic from that time. I think that was a can of beer or beer poured into a baked beans tin, one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I haven't done it my self, but I've eaten it - and its really yummy. Well worth a shot if you have a big enough bbq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Okay did it today, it was nice but not much different to a normal cooked chicken beer bum chicken.jpg but it does look cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

foodaholic wrote: »
    Okay did it today, it was nice but not much different to a normal cooked chicken beer bum chicken.jpg but it does look cool

Nice work! I'm all motivated now. I'm sure it makes a great talking point for BBQ parties...

Advertisement