Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1x15 - "The Power of Madonna" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **] [US-20/4/10, IRL-21/4/10]

Options
  • 20-04-2010 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

On in the US tonight and TV3 tomorrow. Again can't wait.

Not a big fan of Madonna but I think it'll be worth it for 'Vogue' :P
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Already got the soundtrack for the episode on itunes - really looking forward to it but i've been looking forward to it since the last episode ended!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

What an amazing episode!
    Mercedes and Kurt defecting to the Cheerios! There's going to be such drama in this (and what a great way to include more scenes with Sue :D )! And Jesse transferring from Vocal Adrenaline... I know it's a set up, but that seems extreme. I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

Some of my favorite lines:
    Brittany: When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist.

Sue: I thought I smelled cookies wafting from the oven of the little elves that live in your hair.

Sue: Somewhere in the English countryside in a stately manor home Madonna is weeping.

Sue: You think this is hard? I'm passing a gallstone as we speak! THAT'S hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Really enjoyed this episode. Sue's rendition of Vogue wasn't the best vocally, but I still really enjoyed the video!

Brittany: "Mr Schuester, is he your Son" :P

It's hard to know what's going on with Jesse. The obvious answer (following previous episodes) is that he's infiltrating the group, but you never know how this is going to play out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Brilliant episode! Always good to see more of Sue.

Best bits:
    Vogue, obviously.
    Mercedes and Kurt doing 4 minutes with the Cheerios - really looking forward to seeing how this goes!
    Like A Virgin was really well done. Figures it'd be the bloke that goes through with it, eh :P
    Sue with the cone bra over the tracksuit

Curious to see
    what way they'll go with the whole Jesse storyline. Like metaoblivia said, it seems very extreme (not to mention obvious!) to have him in New Directions.

Best line for me goes to Sue
    What you call insanity, I call inspiration. Let me break it down for you. It's been the biggest dream of my career to pay homage to Madonna, the woman most responsible for my take no prisoners demeanor and my subconscious tendency to always desperately be looking for someone named Susan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

fantastic episode:D soooo many great hair jokes.. and fantastic to learn that
    sue sylvesters parents were nazi hunters
    :pac:

Gonna watch it later today, super excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Absolutely fantastic episode!
    Loved:
    Kurt and Mercedes in the cheerios. Didn't see that one coming and as metoblivia said, it's a great way to include more Sue.
    Like a Virgin was done perfectly. It's already up with my favourite glee songs!
    It was nice to see Artie and Tina back together :)
    The Jesse St.James joining New Directions is a bit far. Poor Rachel!

Favorite Line:
    Sue: "Here's the list of Kids I want sent to New York with only 35 dollars" Figgins: "Sue these are all Glee Kids!"

oh and can Emma get anymore adorable! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

personally i thinkthey've taken all the spark out of emma and will's budding relationship. If you talk about something too much the viewer will fall zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Holy crap :eek:- Xpose just showed Sue in a completely different light, can't wait for the episode 2nite!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Good episode - I like that Santana is getting more screentime these days...

Good episode - I like that Santana is getting more screentime these days...

Yeah, shes actually a really good singer. Hard to hear that when she's just part of the chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

actually really good episode! This is one is certainly a very Nip/Tuck-esque episode!

I'm gonna say it: I love Brittany

Brilliant finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought it was a sub-par episode.. it was an episode with no discerning storyline. They simply worked Madonna songs in for the sake of it without any attention to any ongoing storyline. For example, I'm convinced the only reason they brought up the whole mysogynist thing was to work in 'What It Feels Like For A Girl'

The good:
    - 'Just Like A Prayer' - absolutely superb... but to be honest, it's THE best Madonna song IMO.
    - Jane Lynch's grabbing of random students and pushing them across the hall into lockers
    - 'Like A Virgin' - decent montage of singing
    - Britney had a couple of killer lines

The bad:
    - Jane Lynch's 'Vogue' went on far too long.. and sounded like the singing was on 2x (sped up / "chipmunkish").
    - '4 Minutes' - absolutely woeful!
    - Most of the other performances were forgettable in fact bar 'Just Like A Prayer' and 'Like A Virgin'

Last week's didn't particular impress me either! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'd agree with basquille - no real storyline to it, disappointed with it tbh

I did like the ending song and some parts of it such as the cheerios at the basketball game with Kurt and Mercedes, but as a whole it kind of lacked something.

Did like the lines Brittney came out with especially about the mysogynist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I have to agree with Basq, that was one of my least favourite episodes so far.

The main problem for me was that there were too many songs and not enough story. It reminded me of the beginning of the series where we had a number of dodgy episodes because they hadn't found the right balance between song and story, but I felt they eventually found the perfect balance and stuck with it, until this episode.

I really hope this thing about having a whole episode dedicated to a single artist was just a once off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

That was my favourite episode of S1 so far! :D

Aldebaran wrote: »
    It reminded me of the beginning of the series where we had a number of dodgy episodes because they hadn't found the right balance between song and story, but I felt they eventually found the perfect balance and stuck with it, until this episode.
    Yep.. looking back on it, that's spot on actually!
    Aldebaran wrote: »
    I really hope this thing about having a whole episode dedicated to a single artist was just a once off.
    Unfortunately.. I think another one is planned.. not gonna mention who or when, but I'm pretty sure. It might not even be this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I thought it was good.
    Brittany had some great lines as usual, as did Sue.
    I was really impressed with the Cheerios performance, when they were practising, thought it looked great.

• Advertisement

Mercedes had a pretty good line, stating the obvious really!
    the one about bringing her out for a last note!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My least fave episode without a doubt :( and they are talking about doing another
    madonna
    episode!!!

Really though Brittney is hilarious sooo funny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I took it as it was - a stand alone episode paying homage to a modern musical great. It didn't develop the plot apart from how the Will/ Emma and Rachel/ Jesse plots were linked to Like A Virgin, but I don't think there would have been time to with all the great music.

Britney, Sue and Santana got some killer lines and who knew Santana could sing? And Britney asking Schu was Jesse his son was a very reasonable question! I am very sad and always look at the credits when a show is starting, and noticed Naya Rivera got individual billing this week rather than being lumped with Britney and/or the two dancing guys who obviously can't sing. Either it was for her solo, or they are lining her up for more involvement - I'd take her over Tina any day as a core character.

It was good to see Kurt and Mercedes turn on Schu, and I loved their 4 Minutes! Sue's Vogue was very funny and I wish I had resisted the urge to watch it online last week. I LOL'd at her story about her hairstyle.

They seem to have forgotten about Puck. Even Tina and Artie got a few lines. I didn't like the guys singing What It Feels Like For A Girl, maybe because I think the song is crap, and I didn't think the mashup was up to the previous standard. But I had a smile on my face when it was over, and telly that does that can't do you any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sue is awesome, that is all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Britney needs more screentime and can she sing?

I dont like Santana or Jesse

Why do they call all their songs 'mash-ups'...the 'What it feels like for a girl' song wasn't mash up, nor was Puck's Sweet Caroline..he even announced it as a mash up???

My understanding of a mash up is one where two or more songs are 'seamlessly' arranged over or beside each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Liked it more than last week - Sue doing Vogue and Rachel/Finn/Emma doing Like a Virgin were both brilliant. I thought it was a bit too preachy though; they went way overboard on the whole "guys, respect women!" thing.

I hate when Glee tries to teach life lessons, it's so much better when they use dark humour rather than preaching. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Have Mercedes and Kurt left Glee club now?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Have Mercedes and Kurt left Glee club now?
    No.. they said they joined Cheerios as well. They'll still be in Glee club.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I hate when Glee tries to teach life lessons, it's so much better when they use dark humour rather than preaching. :(

That's exactly what annoyed me about this weeks episode. It was too much of a lets teach some morals and not enough usual glee humour and deliberate cheesiness

Advertisement