Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST CLASS?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hey im just wondering what you think the best class is i like the medic as you get a lmg or else recon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

Recon is dull as hell unless i run and gun with it. Can't stand sitting in a bush for 3 hours. No real preference between the others, whatever my squad needs, or what I feel like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I like being a medic - especially in conquest because i can just travel in between points reviving teammates and getting loads of points

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭darraghwalsh100

FJFF wrote: »
    Recon is dull as hell unless i run and gun with it. Can't stand sitting in a bush for 3 hours. No real preference between the others, whatever my squad needs, or what I feel like.

yeah but if you can get a good sniper point where there is lots of action you would be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I agree - Recon can be great fun if your playing on a good map/mode. I prefer it on hardcore though as its almost always one shot kill

yeah me to because i hate when you have a shot and it doesnt kill them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

yeah but if you can get a good sniper point where there is lots of action you would be grand

Until you get knifed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

the best sniping places are non sniping places,
    the normal places are always checked and you'll always be sniped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

For me it depends on the map/situation. I could sometimes go through all the classes over the span of one game.

Large maps with vehicles and I'll go engineer, rush maps with strong emphasis on squad play and I'll go medic, generally when I'm bored or its a free for all I'll go recon. I don't really play Assault much unless my side is getting destroyed, then I'll start nube toobing all over the place :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Medic + M60 + 4xscope + magnum ammo = win
    loads of points from revive/heal, you can single shot snipe with the scope, and up close is just silly with the M60+magnum ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Recon bores me to death, what a waste of time sitting in a bush for 20 mins...

Medic defo if your mind is on your stats, the medic guns are animals.
    Played medic last night and got some great KD, one game was 22 kills and 2 deaths.

My favorite though is engineer - I love taking on a tank david and goliath style as an engineer with an RPG.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

lafortezza wrote: »
    loads of points from revive/heal, you can single shot snipe with the scope, and up close is just silly with the M60+magnum ammo

^ this

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rocket launcher, tracer dart, and AK47 with the 4x scope is a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

lafortezza wrote: »
    With all that cheese how are you still so useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Want screenshot of comparing my stats with yours? :D

On a map like Africe Harbour there's nothing like playing as an Engineer with tracer and extra powerful explosives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Started using the 416 recently, x4 Acog, and magnum ammo.

I don't really use any class apart from assault, because see everyone one consoles, are absolute idiots, and don't know you can give ammo to other people than themselves, so i stay assault for the ammo.

It's things like that that make me miss PC.

Gonna try and tracer dart a sniper later, just so that they see the missile angle towards them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

The recon class isn't a bad class, it's great for playing in levels with houses etc, it's great for teamwork if played right, I just load up the shotgun and use a sensor to let my team know if a house is occupied or what's in the immediate area.
    What I can't understand is why "snipers" bother joining a team, they don't follow orders, they just snipe. IMO it's a waste of a team slot. if you want to go lonewolf then ffs don't join a team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Recon with c4 all the way :P tbh for most players you dont need anything other than a pistol to deal with them and you can just laugh at tanks, so easy to flank, plant c4 and run without them noticing!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

I just run around using Medic with my trusty Defib.

Fook guns , Pads all the way man :eek:

Haven't played in 2 weeks, but love running at a tank and throwing C4 onto them. That or putting six C4 on a quad bike and hitting a tank with it. Or even my new trick: cover a chopper with C4, so when it blows, it has a larger blast radius :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

the_syco wrote: »
    That or putting six C4 on a quad bike and hitting a tank with it. Or even my new trick: cover a chopper with C4, so when it blows, it has a larger blast radius :D

Joined a server a few days ago and its popped up saying "No Jihading!"...I had to ask WTF did that mean, and pretty much exactly what you described above. Dying to try it out now!

majiktripp wrote: »
    Joined a server a few days ago and its popped up saying "No Jihading!"...I had to ask WTF did that mean, and pretty much exactly what you described above. Dying to try it out now!
    Don't forget to say "welcome to the bomb choppa" when in the air :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Gonna try and tracer dart a sniper later, just so that they see the missile angle towards them :D

I remember watching a video of that and it cracked up me. But in a game earlier i tracer darted an enemy (not a sniper unfortunately) waited for the lock on and fired, no hit, and again.... no hit :(
    Was so disappointed would have been a first for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Haven't played in 2 weeks, but love running at a tank and throwing C4 onto them. That or putting six C4 on a quad bike and hitting a tank with it. Or even my new trick: cover a chopper with C4, so when it blows, it has a larger blast radius :D

I miss that in BF2 :( Jihading isnt the same in bc2 hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

I find it a lot of fun tracer darting a helicopter and knocking it out of the sky, but there just arent enough helicopters :( and you end up running around with a crap gun and a dart gun

And because of that it has to be recon with autoshotty and C4, strap the C4 to a quad bike and kamakaze into someones base :D

I do it on battlefield so i dont have to do it in real life :pac:

m16 , 4x scope, gernade upgrade, magnum ammo, warhead,

BEAST OF A CLASS i reccomend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I like being a medic but i much prefer playing as an engineer...

Its so satisfying landing a long distance tracer plant.. especially on maps like arica from the first base to the enemy spawn.. :D

Or when you're in a tank with someone else driving and you come head to head with another tank, jumping out firing your rock and repairing your teammates tank from behind... :P

One thing i have noticed about battlefield on ps3 is that the amount of snipers have died down , Maybe thats just me but i certainly have noticed a difference since the game 1st came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Engineer is the best fun i'd say but i try to mix it up.

Recon assault is good, i.e recon with a shotgun or G3 and attacking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Recon, M24, C4.

Start of valparisso(defending) run yer balls off, go put c4 on the ground on the left side, hide in bush looking at opposite base 5 seconds later blow up tank with said c4, works everytime

Advertisement