Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hey lads,
    I'm looking for a bit of help finding a hotel in kilkenny city this weekend, it needs to be pretty central if possible? A lot of hotels seem to be booked up at the moment! Anyone reccommend a nice cheap central hotel?

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Stayed in days hotel last weekend..10 min walk from the town which helped sober us up. Think it was €90 for twin room which included a pretty much all you can eat breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

hitman79 wrote: »
    Stayed in days hotel last weekend..10 min walk from the town which helped sober us up. Think it was €90 for twin room which included a pretty much all you can eat breakfast.

No way is days hotel a 10 min walk from town! It is at least 25!... At the very least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

To do that journey in 10 minutes you would have to be doing 9 miles per hour, which is a moderate running pace.

Maybe Hitman had been jogging for 15 minutes before he became sober enough to start keeping track of time...

Kavsmdf, try the kilkenny inn at one end of town, or the pembroke or the clubhouse at the other, langtons as well. All within 1-2 minutes jog of the town centre and reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Berkley house on Patrick seems to be one of the cheaper options, I don't know if there are any rooms available this weekend but their rate is €60 - €65.
    http://www.berkeleyhousekilkenny.com/rates.asp
    I tried the other Hotels on www.hotelium.com and they all seem to over a €100 a night.
    I've never stayed in the Berkley house but I'd imagine Tripadvisor.com would have a few reviews, it's seems to be a popular budget option.
    Also give the Club House Hotel a call, it's long past its best but good for that reason too, they might be able to give you a good rate as they are not a chain hotel.
    both of these are city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

No way is days hotel a 10 min walk from town! It is at least 25!... At the very least!!

I wasnt sober lads but it didnt seem that far...a mile maybe?? Grand breakfast tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

hitman79 wrote: »
    I wasnt sober lads but it didnt seem that far...a mile maybe?? Grand breakfast tho.

It is at least 25 - 30 min walk and on the ring road. Either wrong hotel or still having effect of the night before.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

campsite bennetsbridge road 12 euro :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The Ormonde or the Hibernian is closest to town in KK.

ohhh, and the Pembroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

MidlandsM wrote: »
    The Ormonde or the Hibernian is closest to town in KK.

ohhh, and the Pembroke.

ohhh and the Kilkenny Inn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Metropole is the most central hotel! Ranked 21st out of 22 on trip advisor. Hands up how many even rememberred it exsisted and another show of hands for anyone who's even been in it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Totally forgot about the Metropole, didn't even realise it still operated as a hotel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

catbear wrote: »
    Totally forgot about the Metropole, didn't even realise it still operated as a hotel.

Yeah, I'd love to take over as General Manager there, it'd be the sort of challenge I'd love. Place has a totally naff reputation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Metropole is the most central hotel! Ranked 21st out of 22 on trip advisor. Hands up how many even rememberred it exsisted and another show of hands for anyone who's even been in it.

my hand is up......:p

totally forgot!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pat k

sorry lads but the metropole is closed and has been for a long time hasent it am i wrong !!

pat k wrote: »
    sorry lads but the metropole is closed and has been for a long time hasent it am i wrong !!

Last review on tripadvisor was Nov 9, 2009, so not that long. TBH I think it's off everyones radar including my own.

Advertisement