Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax - Student Work Placement

• 21-04-2010 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

I started my work experience 5 weeks ago and recieved my first payment today. Im supposed to be getting paid weekly but it got delay due to bad management/cba attitude from staff :rolleyes:

Anyway - My contract stated that I would be getting paid 60 euros per day, 300 euros per week, working 9-5, 5 days shifts.

For 4 weeks work my bank account has been credited the sum of 1080 - which is 120 euros short of my proposed earnings. I enquired about sorting tax credits and what not, but was told that the company sort it in HR and i dont need to do anything.

The last time i was on work experience was 4 years ago in 1st year and iv forgotten how the tax system works. Is getting taxed 30 euro a week from 300 normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

Ask for your payslips - this will show what has been deducted and what credits etc you have been given.

Advertisement