Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In game recording

Options
  • 21-04-2010 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys iv never actually recorded myself playing before. Montages seem to be popular now (cant wait to add "let the bodies hit the floor" as my tune) just wondering whats a good in game recorder? im using wegame at the moment which is giving me less lag then fraps but im not getting any audio with is a bummer. Also all the files save as .avi dunno if i can change this. If im converting from .avi whats a good format that wont lose much quality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Ok here a test video i uploaded. Just a recording from one round. I used Wegame to record it and im very impressed. Fraps was way too laggy for me. Iv got a 8800gtx, q6600 and 4gb of ram and i was able to record high def quality without any lag at all. My sound mixer levels were set to high hence why the audio is so bad but its fixed now.

http://vimeo.com/11105475

The original video was about 1.5gb in size and then i compressed it to 120mb and this is the quality i got.

Just a quick question, iv no idea how to edit these things. I might get the trial for after effects and give it a go but i dunno how easy it is to use. Is there any free editing software anyone knows of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Whats your original resolution? Fraps tends to cack out on my system because I'm playing in "Full HD" on my telly/monitor. Nice K/D BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I cant record myself coz peeps will see my trade secrets and my HAXXXX

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I cant record myself coz peeps will see my trade secrets and my HAXXXX

.......whoring the MG36? :p

Dunno how my K/D is that good....mainly due to hiding in a ditch most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

No, killing with the XM8 actually. I dont Whore!!! Well not in BFBC2 in anyway, real life is different (have to pay for my 5970 somehow!) Yeah Steve your K:D is fookin Super!

Mine is only starting to rise now....but I run into the middle of firefights to revive and heal etc so thats why its slow to rise. If I was to change the way I play and attack from afar it would be different.

Very good K:D in anyway....did you play sniper at all for a while that helps to...loads of kills and a few deaths. I never play it.:(

• Advertisement

Usually just play sniper at the start when i buy a game to get the lay of the land. Then i went medic for a while now im playing assault which im loving. The AN94 is just a great weapon. Its one of the more skillful guns you cant spray and prey and its great from distance and close range with the MG bullets equipped. Its my weapon of choice at the moment.

Advertisement