Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2T crank rebuilds

• 21-04-2010 4:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

can they be done here in eire,and if so where,i have a rd 350 crank needs big ends done balanced and trued:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

when did you get an RD350, ya better pop up to my place if you get it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

its a banshee quad the bro got ,he managed 2 get a rd350 for spares but thats bollixed aswell so he has to go the least expenive route now and no matter wot way he goes about it ts looking expensive ,,just loking for options here before he has to spend a load of money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

its a banshee quad the bro got ,he managed 2 get a rd350 for spares but thats bollixed aswell so he has to go the least expenive route now and no matter wot way he goes about it ts looking expensive ,,just loking for options here before he has to spend a load of money :rolleyes:

I used to do them years ago (but haven't the kit now). IIRC Leo O'Reilly on Dorset St. used to do them too. You'd likely have to supply the conrod set/mains/seal though - though these could be bought spurious then (and no doubt find-able on line now)

there after getting sorted anyway wit a local lad here in waterford,,there going super cheapo and making one good crank out of the 2 dodgey ones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Who ya going with jerry? I know a chap working in waterford tool if ya want me to ask him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

there after getting sorted anyway wit a local lad here in waterford,,there going super cheapo and making one good crank out of the 2 dodgey ones :)

Tell him to set the two halves to rise and fall together - rather than at 180 degrees apart. It'd make for something unusual in any case (although it'd vibrate like hell)..

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

two strokes work with back pressure from the expansion chamber and flow in the airbox so that wouldn't work the way you think it would
    it worked on the old benleys because that was how they were designed so they acted like singles

seanybiker wrote: »
    Who ya going with jerry? I know a chap working in waterford tool if ya want me to ask him.

it some lad me brother knows seany,,he used to be an engineering instructor in fas in the estate in town here but retired now,has his own workshop out in his house,think it will be done for the weekend so the fun will begin then haha

Tell him to set the two halves to rise and fall together - rather than at 180 degrees apart. It'd make for something unusual in any case (although it'd vibrate like hell)..

:)

i say that be mad alrite,,i wonder how they would time it tho,probaly just 2 plug leadss on the one coil or some way like that

Advertisement