Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kentstown road works

Options
  • 21-04-2010 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hi, in kentstown on the Navan road down near the water fountain just before the petrol station and balrath woods there are 3 cut outs into the woods area. They have been flattened as if they are going to have tarmac applied.
    Anyone know what they are for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Certainly do, friend. I live on the Danestown road where the ring fort is.

Coillte have decided to cut out all the conifers from the wood and replant it with native irish species.

Not a word to the people living next to it (i.e us).

They applied to MCC for planning permission to break in those lay-bys - NO notices put up for us to object and the council gave to go-ahead. They plan on blocking our road fro several days to acomodate another lay-by.

Nobody knew any of this until I called them a couple of weeks ago. I told them in one fell swoop they were going to destroy our Eastern wind shelter, privacy and landscape and I may as well have been talking to the wall.

Told them we already have a litter and fly-tipping problem on the road and this will make it worse - lo and behold some scum sucker dumps a couple of bags over in the Stoney Wood lay-by on Sunday. I shudder to think what's been dumped in the one behind the Blacklion (that's what the spout is called).

Sorry to turn this answer into a rant McW :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

washiskin wrote: »

Coillte have decided to cut out all the conifers from the wood and replant it with native irish species.

They applied to MCC for planning permission to break in those lay-bys - NO notices put up for us to object and the council gave to go-ahead. They plan on blocking our road fro several days to acomodate another lay-by.

Nobody knew any of this until I called them a couple of weeks ago. I told them in one fell swoop they were going to destroy our Eastern wind shelter, privacy and landscape and I may as well have been talking to the wall.

Told them we already have a litter and fly-tipping problem on the road and this will make it worse - lo and behold some scum sucker dumps a couple of bags over in the Stoney Wood lay-by on Sunday. I shudder to think what's been dumped in the one behind the Blacklion (that's what the spout is called).

Thanks, I thought they were going to do something useful. Typical county meath antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭fairycakes

washiskin wrote: »

What the funk :mad: I love that area I live up the road I didnt hear anything about this I thought it was just a lay by!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

See, no-one knew that's what was happening.

I asked for it to be put in the Parish Bulletin to alert more people but I don't think anyone did.

Tried to contact John Gormley but was fobbed off. I think Brendan Smyth is the right minister to contact but he's tied up in all the mess at Quinn (Cavan TD).

I'm really at a loss as to know what to do.:(

Advertisement