Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.8 Million drug seizure in waterford city ....

• 21-04-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0420/drugs.html

Anyone spot any activity yesterday , i heard the driver of van is saying he was only courier and did not know , and the gardai made mistake they should of waited for the van to go to the delivery address which was in tramore someplace, from good source .;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wouldn't surprise me if they managed to miss the real target!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

1.8m? Sure they were prob only stocking up for the bank holiday weekend :)

seriously, it's kinda scary to think things like this go on all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

ziedth wrote: »
    1.8m? Sure they were prob only stocking up for the bank holiday weekend :)

seriously, it's kinda scary to think things like this go on all the time.

Ye i know , apparently gardai were watching the warehouse , surely they should of had the patients to wait til the van got to its destination before jumping on what appears to be a courier , but its very easy for someone to just say they a courier when so much drugs are involved , gardai hardly taught a major drug dealer would be collecting the drugs in his van ...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 d_j

Another drugs cartel "up in smoke".

Cheech & Chong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There was a bit of commotion on the quays alright, but I don't know if it's related.

They were trying to fish something out of the river for a while after a rather dramatic arrest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sure customs likely had extra staff around the ports the last few days since the staff had nothing to do at the airports...very foolish to bring stuff in via ports because of this :)

Glad they caught the scum

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

unless he was in a fedex van hes looking at 10 years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

tc2010 wrote: »
    unless he was in a fedex van hes looking at 10 years

Spot on. Your man caught was the courier of the drugs and he knew damn well what he was carrying. The excuse of "I didnt know they were drugs boss" wont wash with any judge.

It's time the scum were taken down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Partizan wrote: »
    Spot on. Your man caught was the courier of the drugs and he knew damn well what he was carrying. The excuse of "I didnt know they were drugs boss" wont wash with any judge.

I've heard that the driver WAS from a courier firm, and didnt actually have anything to do with the drugs.

And apparently the commotion on the quay yesterday was indeed related to it. It was rather entertaining, don't know if anyone else here caught it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

commotion on the quay yesterday? tell all and don't spare on the details

the last time I heard about a commotion on the quay was when the cow jumped through the window of Shaws (almost nationwide) back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

sorry COW and window in shaws....

tell more ???

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

I think I'd love to hear more of the cow and Shaws story too please!

My Garda jumping out of a moving car will never compare with a Cow jumping through the window in Shaw's :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

+1 on cow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Cabaal wrote: »
    Glad they caught the scum

:pac:

Partizan wrote: »

To the people saying things like this:

What is your basis for calling this guy scum ? Genuinely interested.

He was transporting weed (albeit alot of weed) and he got caught. Not class A's, guns or people, but weed.

There is no conclusive evidence that he knew about it yet, and it's pretty safe to say that if he did he was just a mule.

I am no 'free the weed' type, but I just find knee-jerk comments like this a bit strange. Are you saying it because:

- You want to deflect attention from you own hippy ways :) ?
    - You think he is scum because he is breaking the law ?
    -You think that weed messes up peoples lives, so he is scum because he is involved in the chain that makes it available ?
    - You somehow think that because he is driving a van with weed in it, this makes him a violent gangster type (al la Limerick and Dublin crews of recent times) ?
    - You think he is scum because he was in the process of making relatively easy money tax free (albeit high-risk) when the rest of us are struggling ?

Maybe something else I am missing ?

OK, tangential to topic for a moment ...... pull up a chair for a moment and relax :p

many years ago, (in a distant land, where we are right now) cattle were loaded onto ships on the quay, down where the millennium plaza is now. Some folks may remember the ugly cattle sheds across from Jordan's bar. There were days when that end of the quay was full of cattle being herded around the place, like hundreds of them all over the place.
    Anyway, one day, a cow/bullock panicked or maybe decided that a trip to Libya was not part of his/her plan and escaped. It ran up the quay. I'm not sure whether it was cornered somewhere around Shaws or why but it jumped through the window, and if memory serves, into the menswear department.
    I'm sure some of the other 'mature' members may have more details and be able to fill in the gaps, including whether the cow/bullock tried on a pair of Farrah slacks while browsing in Shaws (almost nationwide).

Now, back to the van full of jazz tobacco :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I remember the cattle ships and how they were picketed and all the hoo-har in the later days of that trade but the "heffer through Shaws (almost nationwide) window" saga escapes me.

er old gregg you did this story already! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

mike65 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if they managed to miss the real target!

I've always been of the opinion that sometimes not arresting the main guy isnt such a bad thing. Someone somewhere in ireland today has just lost a lot of someone elses money and i doubt they'l be too happy about it.
    Doubt if living each day in fear of your life is much fun!

mike65 wrote: »
    er old gregg you did this story already! :eek:
    and you are referring to what?

• Advertisement
Advertisement