Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Softball

Options
  • 21-04-2010 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone is interested in joining the Galway Softball Team.

Its a great way to get out in the summer evenings and meet new people.

Its a mixed sport, so all men and women over 18 are welcome to play. All equipment is provided and No previous experience required.

Feel free to try it out, Training is on every Wednesday from 7- 8:30 on the pitches to the entrance to Luarel Park in Newcastle.

For more information, so can look at the http://galwaysoftball.blogspot.com/ or www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5306225507

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

cool!

by all equipment do you mean the glove as well? 'Cause mine is back in Canada.

edit: and is it slow pitch or fast pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pitches on map.
    Feck, I'd love to but Weds evenings won't work for me. Hopefully you'll get more takers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭schlaps

@Xiney: Gloves, bats, balls and bases are provided. It is slowpitch softball.

@Bikey: If you are interested, you could contact the club and be included in the mailing list. There may be Saturday training sessions in the summer, and you are also more than welcome to come along to the tournaments, which happen about once a month at the weekend over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Damn. Freakin hate slow pitch. I'll give it a miss, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SeanMacR

Just wondering how much experience you need to have to play?

My only softball experience of softball was watching my work team play a few games when I was in the states.

• Advertisement
Advertisement