Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campagnolo Advice

• 21-04-2010 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Morning All
    So I've been riding fixed for years therefore don't know a hell of a lot about road bikes as such. I've acquired a Colnago Master from the late 90s that I'm building up. I've already got a load of old good Chorus parts, all I need is a chainset, Italian bottom bracket, pedals and headset (I've a Centaur front deraileur and Mirage Ergo shifters I'll change at some stage during the summer). Anyone here have any of said bits or know a good used site to sift through? I was told I need a 36 x 24 107mm bottom bracket and there's a guy selling a chainset and a 102mm BB for €70-90 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Campagnolo-Chorus-Crankset-172-5-Standard-/270564111979?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3efee0b66b#ht_500wt_990

Any opinions would be great.
    Thanks
    Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

US buyers only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 matt 81

abcdggs wrote: »
    US buyers only...

I know but I've mates there so that's no hassle

Looks pretty good then

abcdggs wrote: »
    Looks pretty good then

Yeah that's what I thought but not too sure about those 5mm, wondering if it'll affect it rubbing off the frame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The 107mm BB is not for the linked set. The linked set uses 102, thus you will have absolutely no problem with chainline or rubbing. BB length is a function of the chainset, not the frame

• Advertisement

The 107mm BB is not for the linked set. The linked set uses 102, thus you will have absolutely no problem with chainline or rubbing. BB length is a function of the chainset, not the frame

Nice one Single Malt, thanks for that

thanks for that as well, i've been wondering how to figure out what size bb to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

I'll have a campagnolo record 11/8" headset for sale soon if you want to keep that beauty all italian?

chakattack wrote: »
    I'll have a campagnolo record 11/8" headset for sale soon if you want to keep that beauty all italian?
    ooh, i might be interested in it if mat doesn't want it

Which won't fit the 1" Colnago Master

• Advertisement

I have a campy recprd 1inch threadless headset, if you were that way inclined

I'm not entirely sure on size, I'll have to check when I get home. How much and when would you be getting rid?

@ abcdgss How much you looking for if it fits?

@ singlemalt why do you reckon it won't fit? Not that I'm doubting, hell the more info the better

I'd be asking for 70 for it.
    It's an internal headset, which may not be of any use to you

The Master uses 1" threaded. Record threadless headsets sell at the 55 to 60E mark. Threaded may be even cheaper

The Master uses 1" threaded. Record threadless headsets sell at the 55 to 60E mark. Threaded may be even cheaper

My steerer's threadless. So.....retarded question maybe, can I thread the top of the steerer so that it excepts a quill stem? I've a lovely 3t I wanted to use, I much prefer the older look. Or will I just have to get a chrome threaded fork I have in the shed instead if I want to go the quill route?

matt 81 wrote: »
    My steerer's threadless. So.....retarded question maybe, can I thread the top of the steerer so that it excepts a quill stem? I've a lovely 3t I wanted to use, I much prefer the older look. Or will I just have to get a chrome threaded fork I have in the shed instead if I want to go the quill route?
    How old is the master? Is the fork original? Depending on the steerer (is it steel, and whats the internal diameter and is it chromed?), it may be possible to thread the steerer.

How old is the master? Is the fork original? Depending on the steerer (is it steel, and whats the internal diameter and is it chromed?), it may be possible to thread the steerer.

Reckon it's 99-2000 era, original painted fork, steel alright, internal's 7/8"

Advertisement