Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing log book

• 21-04-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

A local member of the travelling community wants to take away a car I have for scrap. I'm happy enough to do this having checked his id and doing a transfer of ownership. The thing is, I can't find the logbook so what do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

go to your local Garda station with a completed RF134 form, get them to stamp it, bring it to the tax office, pay 12 euro, wait for the new book to come back,

change the ownership into the new guys name. send it to Shannon, wait a week then let him collect it.

Get RF134 form here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

if you want it scrapped bring it to an ATF Authorised treatment facility ie certified scrap yard they are legally obliged to take the car for free and will dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way and issue you a COD certificate of destruction !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Oh just run it in to a breakers yourself that's paying out, price of scrap is gone up so loads out on the hunt offering their great services of disposing of it for free for ya.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

colm_mcm wrote: »
    go to your local Garda station with a completed RF134 form, get them to stamp it, bring it to the tax office, pay 12 euro, wait for the new book to come back,

change the ownership into the new guys name. send it to Shannon, wait a week then let him collect it.

Get RF134 form here
    If you do follow this route, then make sure that **you** (as the seller) sends it to Shannon. Otherwise when it is still being driven around in a year you will possibly have collected lots of fines for lapsed tax, speeding, tolls, etc.
    I would recommend the alternative method of bringing it yourself to the scrapyard

• Advertisement
Advertisement