Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 'exciting' Eircom announcment today it seems

• 21-04-2010 10:53am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all. We’re looking forward to tomorrow …all will be revealed soon! :-)

Is what was tweeted by eircomconnect yesterday evening. I'm interested to see what exactly he means, or if it's just again a load of rubbish coming our way

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Next Generation Fax Machines I'd say or else Next Generation Telex Machines :D

Live Feed of the Announcement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Next Gernation ISDN, 128K speed with no caps

Cabaal wrote: »
    Next Gernation ISDN, 128K speed with no caps

Next Generation ISDN with always on PPPoE over the D Channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I bet it's a new ad or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The Eircom rat is back?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Odd that Eircom and Crystalswing have so much in common, when you see or experience them first you wonder if they're actually serious...then it starts to sink in that they are serious...and from then on its like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Wouldn't these guys be more appropraite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I bet it's a new ad or something...

it is !

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1300516670854

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

BOBBY wrote: »

Notice how they now (just like UPC) are peddling "Fibre power broadband".
    Yet neither of them deliver fibre, or anything like it. (well certainly not in Eircoms case)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Who would have thought that 8Mb is "Next Generation Broadband" or even possible? Amazing!!! Uncongested too, fantastic!

Just repackaging of their current products as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Next Generation ISDN with always on PPPoE over the D Channel

I tried to get that (well actually X.25) in 1998

It would only be 9,600 on X.25, but would have allowed "always on" notifications of waiting email on remote server, alarm monitoring, remote control etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

rYIeJ.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

That new advert is sickening,

Cabaal wrote: »
    That new advert is sickening,

UPC should have copyrighted the phrase "Fibre Power" but the dopey fuks in UPC marketing didn't do that did they. "Fibre Power" is the core of their current marketing ...more than speeds as such.

This oversight by the dopes in UPC morkeshing allowed eircom to STEAL the phrase "Fibre Power" and use it in their marketing.

I should point out that my hole will be fibre powered by 11am given the amount of Alpen I ate for breakfast, thought it fair to point that out for balance and because this is an exciting announcement thread:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yep..they twittered this out yesterday for their exciting new ad...I twittered back "how bout you fix my crap broadband first".. no reply from the fúckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

...I should point out that my hole will be fibre powered by 11am given the amount of Alpen I ate for breakfast, thought it fair to point that out for balance and because this is an exciting announcement thread:D

A "hole" new level for you SB...a whole new level :D

My "Fibre Power" boost is over, now what ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

UPC should have copyrighted the phrase "Fibre Power" but the dopey fuks in UPC marketing didn't do that did they. "Fibre Power" is the core of their current marketing ...more than speeds as such.

This oversight by the dopes in UPC morkeshing allowed eircom to STEAL the phrase "Fibre Power" and use it in their marketing.

I should point out that my hole will be fibre powered by 11am given the amount of Alpen I ate for breakfast, thought it fair to point that out for balance and because this is an exciting announcement thread:D

Albran does the job for me. 11am too for me. It is great being regular and consistent just like Eircom's broadband!

Advertisement