Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims 3: Ambitions

Options
  • 21-04-2010 11:18am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm really looking forward to this one. This expansion will add the ability to control your Sims as they work, an element that I really wished for in the Sims

The game will also add new jobs, skills and more control over your neighbourhood and its growth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Ambitions

It's on my relatively short list of things to buy over the summer :pac: What about yourselves?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

How many expansion packs are there so far for The Sims 3? I'm hoping to buy it for my mac over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

This will be the second expansion pack, the world adventures is the first and there's a stuff one as well. i cant wait to get it but as far as i know you will only be able to see inside the new places for work not the ones that are already there, but it still sounds really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ohhhh, this could be very interesting. Seeing my sims go off to work in their uniform/outfit is just not enough! I can't wait to see them actually do their job!

I like the idea that their job will now be something that's a part of their life, that affects them even on their time off. Much more realistic.

http://www.thesims3.com/ambitionsblog2

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kizza

I wasnt impressed with world adventures but this looks good, i love sims 3 its a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

I'm really looking forward to this, the creators are seriously stepping up their game! Its as if they WANT us to have no lives!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

for anyone missing the trailer

Have it preordered from Gamestop :pac:

Just found this while browsing the web

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3ambitions/news.html?sid=6263929&mode=previews

Its a review of the game and a clip of it being played. Alicat they have laundry objects in it. A new town as well

Just found this while browsing the web

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3ambitions/news.html?sid=6263929&mode=previews

Its a review of the game and a clip of it being played. Alicat they have laundry objects in it. A new town as well

I know! :D I'm so excited :D

Wish I was excited about my real life laundry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So did anyone get it?

I've been messing around with it for a few hours and took the detective career. I haven't gotten too indept with it, but the one major plus of the new careers is that you don't have a set time to get up every morning, which leaves you a lot more time to do what you want. But on the flip side, you quickly lose track of time, which can be annoying when you're trying to complete tasks.

Anyone else give it a shot?

humanji wrote: »
    So did anyone get it?

I've been messing around with it for a few hours and took the detective career. I haven't gotten too indept with it, but the one major plus of the new careers is that you don't have a set time to get up every morning, which leaves you a lot more time to do what you want. But on the flip side, you quickly lose track of time, which can be annoying when you're trying to complete tasks.

Anyone else give it a shot?

Just clearing some space on my laptop for it as we speak :) Yaaay :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm playin it. It's awesome. My guy got fired from his top chef job so I could get a job as a detective. Twas fun. And now I've just started with that. Wish me luck :pac:

hiya,
    Yeah i got it yesterday and my first job is the firefighter career, i player for around 4 hours, got to level 7 and am still putting out small house fires :D. With the firefighter there is a set time to get up but when the work day is over they dont automatically go home so some times my sim sleeps in the fire station.
    One thing i dont like is the new real estate thing where u can buy buildings in town cause its a lot more expensive than just becoming a partner.
    but for most parts im loving it and going back to play it now!

I've only played the Interior Designer and the Sculptor so far but it's good :D

I'm raging though, just discovered we don't get our 1000 free simpoints :mad: They give us some crap "Ultimate Career Bundle" which has NOTHING decent in it. Absolute b*llocks. I'm disgusted. As if the game wasn't expensive enough. At least I used to feel slightly better about spending the money because you'd have some simpoints to buy something nice but now you don't even get a choice! :mad:

angry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

Alicat wrote: »
    I've only played the Interior Designer and the Sculptor so far but it's good :D

I'm raging though, just discovered we don't get our 1000 free simpoints :mad: They give us some crap "Ultimate Career Bundle" which has NOTHING decent in it. Absolute b*llocks. I'm disgusted. As if the game wasn't expensive enough. At least I used to feel slightly better about spending the money because you'd have some simpoints to buy something nice but now you don't even get a choice! :mad:

angry.jpg
    yeah i'm fairly annoyed by that too......it was the only ways i'd ever get anything from the store cos i certainly wouldn't buy simpoints they're a waste of money

Is there any way to be a tattoo artist? i have the chair but cant find an option to be one!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think you go to a tattoo artist in a salon and ask him. I'm not fully sure as I haven't tried it myself.

Humanji, you always come to my rescue. Thank you!

Advertisement